Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

Much better than I thought it would be, hazy sunshine and 18C. But again I shouldn't be feeling grateful for this, this is bang average for late May, this should be the norm, not a freak occurence.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
1 hour ago, Neil Harris said:

The bank holiday weekend begins with..... Light rain. Hopefully it can only improve....

Im inbetween the rain and the blue sky just a few miles to the east of me!!so cloudy but thank god its dry!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

My time-lapse of a pleasant day in late May 2021. This day featured plenty of sunshine from practically start to finish. Some convection started building during the afternoon which gave some quite interesting cloudscapes. The day was pleasantly warm with 17.0°C being the high. Finally after weeks of cold and wet weather Spring makes a proper appearance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Well what a load of crap today is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A clear night and a cloudless and sunny start to the morning here. A few fragments of St fractus visible over the hills to the east by 0620 g.m.t and within 15 minutes it turned overcast and foggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The best day this year. Not massively hot (max spot on 20 °C) but sunshine from early morning and, a few drifting clouds apart, sunshine ever since. Light winds, pleasant warmth without sticky humidity... right at the very end of meteorological spring, it's shown us it can do it right in 2021!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, CongletonHeat said:

Perfect weather.

Aye, for you, but this location looks to be prone to north sea filth, was a bit today, rolled in around 9am but was patchy

Posted

So much cloud around in the mornings that I don't think was ever in the forecasts. Third day in a row now where it's still completely overcast by 9.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

So much cloud around in the mornings that I don't think was ever in the forecasts. Third day in a row now where it's still completely overcast by 9.

Always is here, prone location to north sea fret

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Today took its time, with annoyingly stubborn cloud in the morning meaning that when I was out for a walk around 10am I was regretting not wearing a light jacket. Much improved by lunchtime though, and it's been sun almost all the way since then. Not too hot, either, a very comfortable late May day. Reminds me of what we've been missing all this so-called spring!

However, the thermometer maxed out at 21.5 °C. That means that, although the UK 2021 high from March was broken at the last chance today, my local 2021 high was not. So my own top temperature of spring 2021 remains the 21.9 °C I recorded way back on 31st March! Should be broken tomorrow, but it'll be meteorological summer then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Something for us Midlanders to look forward to tomorrow perhaps? For those who likes storms.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

s.png

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Perfect summer's day here with a nice breeze, Been out in the garden all day and managed to get all my veg in at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Perfect summer's day here with a nice breeze, Been out in the garden all day and managed to get all my veg in at last.

Finished mine on sunday morning.

The runner beans however now require constant watering to stop the leaves turning white or withering.

The flower borders though are loving the heat.

MIA

Posted

Another very warm day on Tuesday, although despite a good deal of sunshine there was quite a bit of cloud at times. Starting to get a tad humid, too. Despite the lower temperatures, I'd take yesterday over today in overall feel. Still, I finally broke my 31 March high! Actually by nearly 3 degrees: 24.8 °C here. (It was 21.9 °C on 31 March.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

My time-lapse of a glorious start to meteorological summer 2021 here in Northants. This day featured sunshine from start to finish with a few cumulus clouds popping up from time to time. Temperatures responded quickly and rose to a lovely 23.0°C. A strong breeze was also present on this day but that didn't spoil warmth too much.

• Like 1

Posted

26C, sunny, clouds staying to the south so far, with a gentle breeze. Absolutely perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just a quick one as it’s been a while .....so happy that sunny times and heat is now upon us....loving it  

• Like 1

Posted

Another new 2021 high for me: 26.6 °C, which rather annoyingly is 79.9 °F. At least it makes my next target to aim for pretty obvious! It was hot from quite early on, so I'm sure I'd have reached 80 °F if it hadn't been for the cloud and showery rain in mid-late afternoon. Ah well, still a good day until then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

This is the trailing front from South to North(just west of me) which could bring light showers tommorow.

20210605_194010.jpg

20210605_195103.jpg