Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

Hit the jackpot today petty much clear skies apart from a bit of haze and a nice 17C. Incredibly I feel lucky to have this when this should be bang average for mid May.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Very heavy hail shower earlier now a few rumbles of thunder here

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Just passed through, still hearing thunder

Not strictly our region but I could hear some thunder in the distance from over your way whilst I was cutting the grass here in Crewe. And the black clouds seem to be moving this way!

Posted

Some nice loud claps of Thunder going on here, looks like it's just clipping us and going to pass by to the East, but seeing the odd cloud 'flicker'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Some nice loud claps of Thunder going on here, looks like it's just clipping us and going to pass by to the East, but seeing the odd cloud 'flicker'.

hit here quite well, thunder/lightning and short lived hail, developing more to the NE of here

• Like 1

Posted

Mammatus on the clearing edge of a thunderstorm yesterday.

Lots of heavy and thundery downpours and hail recently. I think Stokie’s don’t realise how lucky they are with the amount of snow and thunderstorms this place gets. Makes up for the very wet climate.

40D2E891-F99D-404D-B14A-01C579F5D2E1.jpeg

F9D572DD-A626-47BC-9818-D11F5651FEC9.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Was  out yesterday pm, having ben asked to start an open competition at my golf club.

All went well until about 13:00 (with just an occasional heavy downpour), when a more ;longer lasting shower (not particularly heavy) appeared and continued for 10mins.

I consulted my telephone app (no names as I have 3 onboard), and there was one that forecast a storm at 15:00, So no need to worry too much!.

Went over to collect my next group off the tee, when,  as I walked through a group of very tall beech trees on the 50 yard walk to the clubhouse, there was a vivid flash directly overhead followed by an immediate massive peal of thunder. 

There was no warning whatsoever, and I have checked back and saw that we appeared to be at the very start of the thunderstorm. I could not find any 'flashes' on my lightening tracker for further south than us.

The rain then became very heavy for a couple of minutes. We sounded the alarm to call a suspension of play, but many players had already run for shelter!! About 5 minutes later, and  we were able to give the 'all clear' . Bright sunshine again immediately afterwards..

I am guessing that a similar situation must have occurred further north in Blackpool where the lad was killed.

However, I feel that there was actually more evidence for thunderstorms in the North as they developed over the north midlands,  so just perhaps it could have been avoided?

I feel we had quite a lucky escape.

MIA

Perhaps we (and I)  were just very lucky.   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yet another heavy shower containing small hail this morning, the 6th day with hail recorded this month. That's the most in May since 1979 which recorded 7 hail days. Still plenty of time left this month for that to be equalled or exceeded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

My time-lapse of a convective day in late Spring 2021. The morning began on a cloudy note before quickly burning away in the sun. Convection started to quickly build leading to heavy thundery showers during the afternoon and evening. Things calmed down by late evening as skies cleared. The highest temperature on this day was 15.0°C.

Edited by Iceman2606
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

some mad clouds, sharp showers and now sunny skies.  Is this it for May?  Looking ahead, more or less it seems!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Max today 14.1 °C, with lots of rain, no sun past breakfast time, gusty winds (especially tonight)... it's basically November. Again. And I am utterly, utterly sick of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Grotty late October weather at the end of May. Incessant rain, daft wind all night and even the mannequin has lost its wig.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Managed to sneak a Birthday BBQ in  between the showers last night, sun finally slipped below the cloud base.

20210522_205245.jpg

20210522_210301.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A nice squall line shaping up as the front moves slowly East.

Screenshot_20210523_132145_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.b3d4d55b5b0fedb37ea063770e922169.jpg

Posted
24 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

8E76E104-9FD4-4591-A3C0-DE5D717EBF40.thumb.png.c2c5539ea2e7bfd55bd0c1948685cc8b.png2BE36AD6-3AA8-42BD-90AF-CD2B885D4A7C.thumb.png.691ef91e43ab274a499a8a0fe0e2ce14.png

GFS vs UKMO 144 charts

Houston, we have a problem!

bbc been giving my location rain on bank holiday Monday, they go off EC, that looks wet too, GFS looks on its own and wrong here

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

What a disappointing day today, there was about 3-4 minutes of sunshine before 7 and that's it. Wonder when this dross will be over?

I bet skies will be clear for moon watching tonight.

Posted

First time I've managed to comfortably sit outside in May and probably about 35 days now. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

I've actually lost my adaptation to heat, it's only 14C outside and it feels warm, would normally need 20C+ to feel warm. That's what happens when you get a 9 month winter.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

What a difference a day makes! Max 20.8 °C today, the first 20 for 743 years (OK just feels that way!) and with a decent amount of sunshine, too. Not feeling that warm but I was sitting outdoors in a polo shirt for quite a while and felt fine. Compared to most of this spring it's been sensational.

Posted
8 hours ago, CongletonHeat said:

Usual rubbish here, sunny until around 10am then the cloud piles in.

normally sunny until 9am, then wet until 5pm, then sunny from 6pm