Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
On 16/02/2021 at 17:57, MattStoke said:

Another dreich day. Overcast and wet.

thats literally where we're at isnt it. I take it back, i want more snow   i miss it now. 24 hours without a reply on here speaks volumes!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Im missing the snow too, I hate this durge.....The snow gave me something to look forward to, be excited about. It will be ages until the lovely spring warmth so now just weeks of yeuk ( maybe not, am hoping ) Just so pleased to have had some proper winter weather 

• Like 1

Posted

I was dreading the milder weather this week as the cold and snow had kept me occupied during lockdown. I’m absolutely bored out of my mind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'll continue to be contrary! In these parts it was actually bright/sunny for a reasonable amount of time today, and in the mild weather (12.1 °C max) it was extremely pleasant to go for a walk. Quite honestly I *do* prefer this to cold now. If we were going to get a significant amount of snow then sure I'd take that instead. But today was *nice* for me. Actively nice.

Unfortunately the forecast isn't. Lots of rain and lots of wind for days to come. Now *that* kind of mild I'll join in the complaints for!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Oh definitely milder. And wetter. Much preferred the cold to this like most others are saying. Going forward, I haven’t even looked yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Repetitive hint starting to indicate of something that may begin in early March if you were to look at the chart's, cold & snow that is - if any of you are interested that is.

• Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, MattStoke said:

I was dreading the milder weather this week as the cold and snow had kept me occupied during lockdown. I’m absolutely bored out of my mind.

Just have to find other preoccupiers now. The one positive is ample time outdoors for me, on my bike/walking without lots of layers on. The other drawback is everywhere will increasingly get busier too with nowhere for people to go to otherwise.

Posted
13 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

I'll continue to be contrary! In these parts it was actually bright/sunny for a reasonable amount of time today, and in the mild weather (12.1 °C max) it was extremely pleasant to go for a walk. Quite honestly I *do* prefer this to cold now. If we were going to get a significant amount of snow then sure I'd take that instead. But today was *nice* for me. Actively nice.

Unfortunately the forecast isn't. Lots of rain and lots of wind for days to come. Now *that* kind of mild I'll join in the complaints for!

Thats kinda how i feel. I do love cold but it wasn't 'productive' cold last week, just an awful biting wind and cloudy, and it was hard not to feel a bit glum given we're still in lockdown. 

Edited by shunthebartlett92
  • Like 1

Posted

Almost Springlike today. Pleasant sunshine. Shower clouds bubbling up.

And then you get under one of the showers and you’re reminded that you’re actually in the middle of a rubbish winter mild spell.

And just like that, the illusion has gone.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Raining again here, the last 9 months have had more wet days than I can ever remember, seems so difficult to get even 2 dry days together.

Posted

Just been for a walk with the kids , 

feels chilly in the strong breeze 

been mild again today not as mild as yesterday though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

My time-lapse of 17th February 2021!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Today is the kind of mild I don't enjoy: 10 °C, a strong wind, occasional rain and constant gloom. Tomorrow looks even worse, so staying at home all day with a cup of coffee or three won't be any hardship!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
22 hours ago, Iceman2606 said:

My time-lapse of 17th February 2021!

Love to get the set up you have, it’s great let me know if you would please regarding the camera and software you have, time lapse is always fascinating, especially when snow in falling  a link would be useful

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
28 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Springlike this afternoon, sunny, not windy and felt distinctly warm. Much preferable to clouds, wind and rain with mild temps

Aye, 7 dry weeks coming up, get ready for massive change from mid April, wettest ever spell coming up, we'll have to pay for this dry spell

Posted
22 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, 7 dry weeks coming up, get ready for massive change from mid April, wettest ever spell coming up, we'll have to pay for this dry spell

Hope not that sounds like 2012! A summer like that would be the last thing everyone needs this year just as things are open again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Very surprised at the frequency of some very high gusts of wind. Gusts in excess of 40 mph here today mild but wind chill with that wind speed takes it a whole lot lower....!

Posted

Made it up to 12.6 °C on Tuesday, the highest of the year so far, but as Anyweather mentioned it didn't feel that way because of the strong wind. Still blustery now, and I'm glad it'll calm down a bit from later tomorrow and let me enjoy what look like very decent days for the rest of the week. Obviously no interest for those who see benign as boring, but right now I'm OK with a few days of benign.

Posted

10th straight day of mild, boring crap. Leaden skies, rain and wind. Still don’t know how people great mild winter rubbish with glee.

At least it looks to settle down more from tomorrow.

Posted

One point of interest today: a max of 15.1 °C, so today has seen the first 15 of the year. Always a sign that spring is on the way. Noticed on my walk this afternoon that the number of daffodils around has increased considerably since I was last up that way on Saturday. (Been only doing short walks for a few days due to mild vaccination after-effects.)

Not much of a day today, I'll admit. Gloomy and murky and windy. From tomorrow onwards, though, that's a different matter. 10-11 degrees, light winds and a reasonable amount of sunshine? Now that is weather I'll accept very gladly indeed. Would I take it over bright sunshine after a foot of snow? No. Would I take it over three snowflakes, 2 °C and a dull dry easterly? Yes. Every. Single. Time.

Posted

A very mild and windy day here in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. A very pleasant spring like day overall especially in the sunshine!☀️ Temperatures peaked at 16C?

F7BC8CB3-9CA9-4EEF-A1B5-D1B0E25ED7AD.thumb.jpeg.ae9d24200223c104c38d0929d6d1dee9.jpeg36EBCE89-1AD6-4ADE-9BB9-0FBD5479DB68.thumb.jpeg.f7cf9bcfe763cce27a6368d82867eade.jpeg373FB517-5394-4C54-BE21-C0C16FDBB849.thumb.jpeg.23e537e9ffa20eee9b18cd56c59108b7.jpeg

Posted
On 19/02/2021 at 17:03, Dancerwithwings said:

Love to get the set up you have, it’s great let me know if you would please regarding the camera and software you have, time lapse is always fascinating, especially when snow in falling  a link would be useful

I use the Brinno TLC200 Pro. I've used this camera for over 2 years and I think is absolutely brilliant and very easy to use! The temperatures displayed on the time-lapses I edit in myself using the Met Office temperature observations for my area. 

WWW.BRINNO.COM

Brinno Time Lapse Camera, easy to create your time lapse videos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
Just now, Iceman2606 said:

I use the Brinno TLC200 Pro. I've used this camera for over 2 years and I think is absolutely brilliant and very easy to use! The temperatures displayed on the time-lapses I edit in myself using the Met Office temperature observations for my area. 

WWW.BRINNO.COM

Brinno Time Lapse Camera, easy to create your time lapse videos

Thank you

• Like 1