Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
30 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

In October when at times we can have overnight frosts and also can have day time temps in single figures, we don’t start saying “Winter has arrived”

So just because we will be suddenly going from 0c to 11c or 12c people start saying.... “the arrival of spring is here”......is beyond me 

Yeah. That always irritates me. Why people long for spring warmth in winter when we have many (properly) warm months ahead, is beyond me. Unless they just don’t like cold non-stop of course.

Small chance of a few flurries for the far west of the region this afternoon from that front. Nothing significant.

E9BF447E-9B9E-4816-B750-041EE514B811.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
12 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yeah. That always irritates me. Why people long for spring warmth in winter when we have many (properly) warm months ahead, is beyond me. Unless they just don’t like cold non-stop of course.

Small chance of a few flurries for the far west of the region this afternoon from that front. Nothing significant.

Ya never know

image.thumb.gif.8ac2121ef1f87fda869130d5ff220c71.gif

• Like 3

Posted

This front seems to be moving pretty quickly, and it's still got a lot of moisture in it?

Now I've booked a slot at the tip at 2.15pm, do you think i'll be cutting it fine for getting back in time before getting snowed upon? :--p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

This front seems to be moving pretty quickly, and it's still got a lot of moisture in it?

Now I've booked a slot at the tip at 2.15pm, do you think i'll be cutting it fine for getting back in time before getting snowed upon? :--p

GFS is giving a few snow flurries later, nothing exciting mind you, thaw tomorrow anyway

Posted

Mmm the fat lady is clearing her throat 

.... but wait what’s this

snowflakes causing a tickly cough

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Automated forecast now showing a high of -2’C here today  

Cold lasting 12/18 hours longer 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

At least no one has come out with the ‘shorts and barbecue weather’ line yet, unless I’ve missed it. 

That front is moving East a bit, wonder how far it gets today?

Edited by B-C
  • Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, B-C said:

At least no one has come out with the ‘shorts and barbecue weather’ line yet, unless I’ve missed it. 

That front is moving East a bit, wonder how far it gets today?

I’ve seen a few coming out with that line. I don’t know how people can find such temperatures warm, but then I see people in summer complaining it’s too hot when the temperature is above 15’C

I think in the middle of summer I’m going to start trotting out lines such as ‘I’m done with this summer now’, ‘Winter is almost here’, and ‘Let’s build a snowman!’ Every time the model output looks cool, just so people know how irritating it is (Although I actually like hot summers).

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Last night's min' of -5.2c was the lowest of the winter so far here, and accompanied by a SE wind averaging between 24 and 30 mph, and gusting over 40 mph, it felt positively bitter.

The current temperature according to the Davis on the roof mast is -2.6c with a mean wind speed of 26 mph.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

As a cold lover in winter and a cricketer in the summer I hate nothing more than mild/warmth in January/February and March, followed by a wet cold April and May with copious amounts of northern blocking and Scandinavian highs showing in the charts. Just hope this really isn’t it for the winter and we can get one more cold shot for those of us who missed out this time. Otherwise it’s feels a bit like get bowled for a duck in your last cricket match of the summer having to spend the whole winter fuming about it because you’re got to wait 7 months till you get another go!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Wow. Where did that come from? GFS gives me a whole cm!

Problem is the direction yet again, it needs to get past our Western Snowshield of hills stretching from Nantwich through Market Drayton to Newport.

Will still be glued to the radar and crossing my fingers regardless though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The Midlands area I think been the worst area for snow since the cold arrived on Sun 7th, mostly the East, now the west, just seem to central all the time

Posted
3 minutes ago, smethwickgg102 said:

Maybe grasping at straws, but how far east is that front going to get?

Screenshot_20210213-123235_Chrome.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm in portland Dorset. I've been under snow and now sleet for over 3 hours. And not a drop has made it to the ground its all evaporated lol. I'm always checking the midlands thread as I'm from Coventry but moved here 2 years ago. And it's nice to see some of you have had snow this winter(jealous) lol. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, smethwickgg102 said:Maybe grasping at straws, but how far east is that front going to get?

Screenshot_20210213-123235_Chrome.jpg

If it weren’t for the fact that it looks like someone has taken a massive BITE out of that front, it would be on my door step

A1F73618-CE37-4EA1-93D8-E679E12BF521.thumb.png.e782262469117779a25d0e835c15890c.png

Then for what it’s worth, the elusive projection at 3:30pm, it showing it’s on top of us I know, I know  BUT you never know, we may see a flurry or two

D7EB7893-1E44-4E12-9EAB-AE89A32DA6FB.thumb.png.4e82d4309c492eb1c204b359a64c6206.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Very nippy and dull again today, don't see that front making it's way into most areas, except the usual spots in the far north which always get the most snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
9 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Then for what it’s worth, the elusive projection at 3:30pm, it showing it’s on top of us I know, I know  BUT you never know, we may see a flurry or two

I`ll let you know what's coming your way dance✌

Posted
7 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

I`ll let you know what's coming your way dance✌

I’ve fill that missing precipitation in for us 

NOW THAT LOOKS MUCH BETTER

C56FC329-D6D0-4423-9E21-19E90E1D9CB4.thumb.jpeg.ff1e6f849feae12330166dbb71e8c1d8.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful day out today. Plenty of wintry scenes. Even a bit of snow still if you look for it. Like here at the old railway line in Brownhills.

Got to agree about wishing for warm weather now. It can wait until the end of March at least as far as this coldies concerned.

image.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

I am having a problem with finding a snow radar with place names for the stream .......were am i going to find that particular map/radar on Netweather

.Is it an extra feature

8 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I’ve fill that missing precipitation in for us 

NOW THAT LOOKS MUCH BETTER

C56FC329-D6D0-4423-9E21-19E90E1D9CB4.thumb.jpeg.ff1e6f849feae12330166dbb71e8c1d8.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Theres only so many let downs i can take each winter lol personally i prefer it mild if we are not going to have any snow. Im just here for the one day we may actually get something like the ecm showed a while back...

Screenshot_20210213_133540.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.
4 minutes ago, MKN said:

Theres only so many let downs i can take each winter lol personally i prefer it mild if we are not going to have any snow. Im just here for the one day we may actually get something like the ecm showed a while back...

Screenshot_20210213_133540.jpg

bullseye.jpg
WWW.BRITISHCLASSICCOMEDY.CO.UK

Bullseye, 1981 Remember Sunday evenings, Jim Bowen and his famous catchphrase, “You can’t beat a bit of Bully” Bullseye was the hugely popular game show that...