Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

Another full covering this morning. It's thin though so expect it'll mostly melt during the day. Never know though could be pleasantly surprised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

V.cold start, bit colder than forecast also, down to -5.0C and still falling.

• Like 1

Posted

Does anyone else have folk in their road that designate themselves as snow clearers? We have around 5 fellas that at any sign of snow will be out clearing their drives and the road. One of them had been out at around 11 last night to do this. 

8DAD622A-5DA8-419E-91EA-D4F982403E09.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Had another couple of cms overnight whilst asleep!!!!cant complain about this event so far!!been a way better winter for my part of the world compared to the last 2!!not a 2010 or 2013 but still pretty decent!

• Like 1

Posted

Another minuscule amount of snow for birmingham just enough to cover the pavement and road. Really has been poor for us brummies.  The breakdown appears to be on the horizon I would prefer snow from the west than the east   We need a new set up and a reload for a new cold spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Woke up to a covering of snow nothing major but still nice to see. Also noticed quite a few icicles forming and canal frozen over. So although disappointing snow amounts still enjoying this cold snap. Chance of a flurry today also and as we can see many Midlanders who missed out before have been in the lucky spot this time great to see.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Overnight snow fall -3 out. On way to work in Nottingham, some snow down also. -2. Cold one!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Looks like the streamer went south after a couple of hours, but enough to make it look nice out!

20210210_075601.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The streamer is now aimed directly at me, unfortunately, the M1(4 miles away) is the final dumping ground and we are just getting the odd bit of dandruff floating around. (Daventry)

Posted

Green as the shamrock herself around here this morning, always thought we'd be too far south looking at the radar returns last night and i dont even really mind. Looking at the roads, im assuming cannock to walsall and then burton to ashby look like two areas that got a fair bit of snow last night?

Posted

Did wake to a harsh frost after all. I thought the air might be too dry.

Still the dusting of snow from the handful of snow/graupel showers the past few days. Disappointed to have been in between streamers the whole type, but never mind.

-3’C at the moment. Tonight may well be the coldest night of the winter so far for much of the U.K. as winds fall lighter and showers largely die away.

Some computer models have started to go back to a colder outlook after a brief mild blip early next week. Still the possibility of a little snow from Atlantic frontal systems trying to bring in milder air, but nothing really significant showing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Did wake to a harsh frost after all. I thought the air might be too dry.

Still the dusting of snow from the handful of snow/graupel showers the past few days. Disappointed to have been in between streamers the whole type, but never mind.

-3’C at the moment. Tonight may well be the coldest night of the winter so far for much of the U.K. as winds fall lighter and showers largely die away.

Some computer models have started to go back to a colder outlook after a brief mild blip early next week. Still the possibility of a little snow from Atlantic frontal systems trying to bring in milder air, but nothing really significant showing.

Sunday on FAX, hope changes, a lot milder with a mild sector, this will be rain

fax120s.gif?09-12

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Sunday on FAX, hope changes, a lot milder with a mild sector, this will be rain

fax120s.gif?09-12

Could be it for this winter if milder air wins out next week. Granted theres always chance of snow in march but with the sun being stronger it never tends to stick around unless its an extreme event. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, MKN said:

Could be it for this winter if milder air wins out next week. Granted theres always chance of snow in march but with the sun being stronger it never tends to stick around unless its an extreme event. 

Think it's guaranteed next week will be mild, full agreement now, hopefully some snow before Atlantic arrives

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Didn't get any here until 04:00. Icm pretty covering this morning.

Temperature now at -3.2C after a low of -4.2C.

Streamers of yesterday now moving more SW, but new ones are setting up in Yorkshire and may get to visit us later.

Visiting the chiropodist this morning and the road looks slippery this morning.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

Woke up to nothing here again.  Had zilch from this cold spell,  absolutely rubbish for here.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

I wish I hadn't downloaded a radar app.....its very addictive! Loving it really ❄

• Like 3

Posted
19 minutes ago, MKN said:

I still find cold late winter/early spring weather fun. Cold air + strong solar radiation, is good for convection. Really dramatic showers and cloud scapes.

For me, mild weather can wait until mid/late spring, when we can get proper warmth without wind and rain.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted

Precipitation accumulation since Saturday. Obviously the north and east of the region seeing the most. Some pretty large anoints of precipitation (snow) for the North East Midlands.

Image from Chris Bell, meteorologist. Hence the ‘My location’ label pointing to Norfolk.

A5193963-24AA-440A-BB27-DB06499AC1EF.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke