Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny
11 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

This next bit has lost the yellow echos on the radar but its kept the greens, lets see how far it can get.

hg.PNG

This is what I must have seen in the distance earlier this morning out of my bedroom window. On clear mornings I can see for miles out to the south east, and saw a stream of precipitous laden clouds in the distance. I hope it is as good as it looked from afar!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
Just now, Ninman said:

This is what I must have seen in the distance earlier this morning out of my bedroom window. On clear mornings I can see for miles out to the south east, and saw a stream of precipitous laden clouds in the distance. I hope it is as good as it looked from afar!

Yeah, saw your pic earlier, pretty stunning, and we will see soon. A smaller heavy shower we have right now before that one too.

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone due west of no mans Heath will kop it !!

been big fluffy flakes here last 15 mins ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Frequent snow flurries here since the early hours. 

Looking back through the radar history the slight shift in the streamer direction occurred just after mid night. Moving it a little more east to west. 

A bare covering here now. 

Good to see more areas seeing snow. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
9 minutes ago, kirksnow88 said:

Incoming! ❄️❄️❄️❄️

9A075F5B-5DF9-4756-BD2F-23FB6D8A031C.thumb.jpeg.3c74c038b39a22c7e75ba3693517733f.jpeg

Not far from you here in Streetly and it’s hammering it down

33C5CBA5-11AE-41DA-94DC-90758570AA84.thumb.jpeg.2810eb53a722617f8d7921a7605d4c73.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

Frequent snow flurries here since the early hours. 

Looking back through the radar history the slight shift in the streamer direction occurred just after mid night. Moving it a little more east to west. 

A bare covering here now. 

Good to see more areas seeing snow. 

Snowing here last 20 mins or so, very light and too wet to settle even if it gets a bit heavier, just dandruff really

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Coming down all morning, transitioning between light and heavy. Currently coming down thick and fast. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Snowing here last 20 mins or so, very light and too wet to settle even if it gets a bit heavier, just dandruff really

Yes the difficulty in daytime snow settling is one thing I noticed especially on paths. It seems to melt after a short while. 

Better this morning after the recent overnight coverage. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Showers too few and far between to really generate a good coating for anyone within their path today once solar radiation picks up. You really need to get frequent showers for anything decent. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Very heavy now with small/moderate flakes.

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
1 minute ago, phil nw. said:

Yes the difficulty in daytime snow settling is one thing I noticed especially on paths. It seems to melt after a short while. 

Better this morning after the recent overnight coverage. 

Hopefully we can get the Atlantic in Sat to Mon, last 2 GFS runs give it a go, and potentially quite a bit of snow for west of region, much colder by then too, as SE'ly very short sea track

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A beautiful winter's day here with mostly clear blue skys and the odd light snow flury, Around 2 inch of lying snow but the wind yesterday and into the evening picked up some of it with drifting in places around 3ft. Much lighter winds now.

Temp -3c

Wind chill -6c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
4 minutes ago, Eskimo said:

Showers too few and far between to really generate a good coating for anyone within their path today once solar radiation picks up. You really need to get frequent showers for anything decent. 

You’re just down the road from me Eskimo. We’re on the southern edge of the streamer, which has lighter stuff compared to the Northern edge. Bit frustrating  we can’t see a bit more intensity as we are being fairly regularly hit by the streamer it seems.

Posted
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Hopefully we can get the Atlantic in Sat to Mon, last 2 GFS runs give it a go, and potentially quite a bit of snow for west of region, much colder by then too, as SE'ly very short sea track

Would be nice to see some more widespread snow but models this morning have milder air then taking over

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Would be nice to see some more widespread snow but models this morning have milder air then taking over

hopefully not, as models were suggesting mild air this Thurs, now its for Monday night or Tues

Posted

Much better today. A good couple of centimetres of snow here in Gornal, and coming down quite well again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
8 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

You’re just down the road from me Eskimo. We’re on the southern edge of the streamer, which has lighter stuff compared to the Northern edge. Bit frustrating  we can’t see a bit more intensity as we are being fairly regularly hit by the streamer it seems.

Yes, yesterday's were too far south and today's are, as yet, too far north!

• Like 1

Posted

Mildy frustrating that despite getting regular streamers none of its been heavy here and for the third out of 4 times the Black Country, where i used to live, is doing well lol, must be the extra height

Edited by Diamond Joe
typo

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hopefully not, as models were suggesting mild air this Thurs, now its for Monday night or Tues

I think we may have to put up with a milder blip now as the models are trending that way, but hopefully they’re over doing the extent and length at that. Last I saw, background signals were still supportive of an overall cold and blocked end to winter.

If fronts push east enough to bring us some snow late this week, hopefully we can hold onto the cold air for a day or so at least before any rise in temperatures so the snow doesn’t just immediately melt.

Worst outcome would be the snow missing us and then temperatures just rising.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1