Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gord said:

Quite a good covering of snow in Redditch. Almost sad I have to go back to Birmingham and then home where I know there is nothing.

Although to be fair, it’s been a long shift and I’m ready for bed!

How much in redditch gord? Like a couple of cm or a dusting?

Posted

The humidity here must be really low, theres hardly any frost even though it's clearly below freezing because the thinnest of sugar dusting is that fell about 5pm is still visible on some of the cars and bins.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

How much in redditch gord? Like a couple of cm or a dusting?

A good dusting I’d say. But everything, including roads are covered and it’s still coming down there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

After what was about a 30 minute lull earlier this evening we've hit lucky again. I thought the radar was showing things to fizzle out but the narrow stream is now positioned over us instead. It's not adding much in terms of depth but lovely to watch.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.
5 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I'll bloody give you a white out in a minute, Shez!! *shakes fist* in all seriousness, i'm happy for you and the other people that have been under a streamer. Shame Northampton wasn't so lucky, but it's notoriously crap for snow here, so I wasn't expecting much.

It’s funny I have lived most my life out towards the east/west haddon area so only 5/6 miles from Northampton and have done pretty well in all the big events over the last 12 years 2009 feb+Dec, 2010 nov/dec 2013 jan/march and the 2018 beast. 91 February was good from memory and my parents found some old vhs footage of it last Christmas. Think I have some very hazy memories of jan 87 but was only 4 and half,so not sure how good it was round here. But like you said during the big events of the last 12 years once you got towards town It was noticeable how much less snow there was. My grandmother used to say Northampton was in a dip and was why the Germans never really bombed it in the war despite making most of the army’s shoes! Maybe the dip is the cause of the snow shield today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
4 minutes ago, JOPRO said:

It’s funny I have lived most my life out towards the east/west haddon area so only 5/6 miles from Northampton and have done pretty well in all the big events over the last 12 years 2009 feb+Dec, 2010 nov/dec 2013 jan/march and the 2018 beast. 91 February was good from memory and my parents found some old vhs footage of it last Christmas. Think I have some very hazy memories of jan 87 but was only 4 and half,so not sure how good it was round here. But like you said during the big events of the last 12 years once you got towards town It was noticeable how much less snow there was. My grandmother used to say Northampton was in a dip and was why the Germans never really bombed it in the war despite making most of the army’s shoes! Maybe the dip is the cause of the snow shield today!

Interesting you should say that! My manager at work earlier told me that Northampton is in a dip, that's why Cov and Milton Keynes had decent snow earlier and we had a sugar dusting Could be some truth in it then! It's snowing lightly out there now. Starting to dust a few cars again, but nothing to write home about. PLEASE snow gods, let us be under a streamer tonight. I beg you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Interesting you should say that! My manager at work earlier told me that Northampton is in a dip, that's why Cov and Milton Keynes had decent snow earlier and we had a sugar dusting Could be some truth in it then! It's snowing lightly out there now. Starting to dust a few cars again, but nothing to write home about. PLEASE snow gods, let us be under a streamer tonight. I beg you

Working on brackmills def getting a little heavier lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Last post from me, before I go for some sleep before the cricket.

A lot more snow seems to be entering the east coast now between the Wash and the Humber.

This seems to be headed in the general direction of Leicester and Coventry and hopefully B'ham before it decays.

Of note for tomorrow is that on SAT 24 another batch of snow has left Amsterdam headed northwards, which hopefully will put more moisture into the North Sea, for better (stronger) streamers tomorrow. 

The streamers tomorrow will be slower passing through so if they set up over you, you could get lucky!!

MIA 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, jimben said:

This part of Northants has a mini stream of snow showers lining up

What part are you in? I'm in Upton, just to the West of the city. Looks like there MAY be some kind of organised band of light PPN heading this way. Not getting my hopes up though

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

What part are you in? I'm in Upton, just to the West of the city. Looks like there MAY be some kind of organised band of light PPN heading this way. Not getting my hopes up though

Ecton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
23 minutes ago, jimben said:

This part of Northants has a mini stream of snow showers lining up

Just noticed that on radar most of the day a line between Peterborough and Bedford has been showing no streamers looked on radar and now filled in a bit 

Posted
30 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Insane levels of snow. I remember seeing the pictures and I couldn't believe it. Drifts of 3-4 foot in places!

We have always had mega snow events here, until the last 5 years or so, it’s got really poor. My 5yr old hasn’t seen any of the amounts of snow that my 10yr old has. 

Yes, it was a lot in 2010. These first three pics are the only photos left on my iCloud from back then. 

but to be honest 2013 was even more epic! We got hit at the beginning of the year and then at the end before Xmas. The last 6 pics are a mix of beginning and end of 2013... 

I’d give anything for snow like that again. It used to be every year. 

98A3156C-3140-488E-8658-A185FF3EAD93.jpeg

5F839D43-8B08-464A-BBF2-029BBF370C08.jpeg

2E305DC2-86A9-4E32-8661-58C31B57DB08.jpeg

3DA71D19-1C99-4C17-B6BC-13C50758A312.png

31BAD836-285C-40F8-BD3C-C4356CE36EE6.jpeg

9ED718F0-7FF9-4AC5-B52C-3B74E37EFC42.jpeg

38FA6500-6E21-4994-BFA3-839C7D8DBAD4.jpeg

D7E0C5CB-D256-4151-9D21-4FEEB5013663.jpeg

7844273C-D68A-4676-8145-E910D2998D92.jpeg

Edited by DerbyshireDales
  • Like 4

Posted

For the love of God, PLEASE let this be a streamer that stays consistently over Northampton for at least a few hours!

20210208_235825.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Fingers crossed! Been a frustrating day of radar watching! Blame me I covertly bought the kids a new sledge at the end of last week. (Gotta be up there with telling friends and family there’s a cold spell on the way as a sure fire way to scupper snow) have had to keep it hidden!

Posted

Back in Birmingham now and light snow falling in the city centre too.

Posted
54 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Come to papa! That shower to my east is travelling almost directly west instead of south west. Looks like the wind direction is changing.

3ED14854-B1D6-45AB-BDD7-DDA2E6C5EE25.jpeg

Looks like our SnowShield has finally fallen.  

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
4 minutes ago, JOPRO said:

Fingers crossed! Been a frustrating day of radar watching! Blame me I covertly bought the kids a new sledge at the end of last week. (Gotta be up there with telling friends and family there’s a cold spell on the way as a sure fire way to scupper snow) have had to keep it hidden!

So you are the reason why we've been 20 miles South of a streamer all day and 10 miles North of that band of snow that hit Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes earlier!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Finally my first proper snow shower in like 6 hours

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
1 hour ago, JOPRO said:

Remember Jan 87 very well, my parent moved in a near blizzards, I was 21

Nice to see its snowing on my birthday today 9th Feb. who can forget Feb 9th 1986 the snow om my 21st birthday. Often snows on my birthday

This year ill put the bins out to celebrate

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Finally my first proper snow shower in like 6 hours

@sheikhy is gonna be buried by the morning. Constant streamer coming off The Wash into South Leicester. No sign of it stopping insane luck.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

@sheikhy is gonna be buried by the morning. Constant streamer coming off The Wash into South Leicester. No sign of it stopping insane luck.

Looks like they’re going slightly north as well directly through Leicester

• Like 2