Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
13 minutes ago, high ground birmingham said:

Anyone in Solihull/South Birmingham? Looks like a heavy snow shower over you

Yes its not especially heavy but it has put down a bit more of a layer especially on the roads.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow storms any severe weather

Tell you what watching the radar all day has been hard work trying to judge from the North Sea which bit of snow has you’re name on it anyone do the same??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Central Solihull..

Just looked out and everything covered now with moderate snowfall for the last half hour.

The streamer which has been 10miles south  for the last 3 hours has moved a bit further North now, and seems to be aiming at us here for at least an hour, with periods of snow.

Temperature at -1.2C and still falling.

DP - -3.6C and steady.

Winds have fallen lighter now the snow has started.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, sheikhy said:

Absolutely heaving here with snow

W@&&@ker lol  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
4 minutes ago, Rich_T said:

Been a day of teflon non stick snow, just a few light flurries failing to make even a covering, the only things that seem to deliver snow round here are either  front coming off the atlantic and hitting cold air - where the warm usualy wins out, or a chesire gap streamer - and last time i checked that wasnt to the east.

looks like a similar thing tommorow and the rest of the week - col, yes, but not much chance of any real snow- when do we hit thunderstorm season?

Didn't Derby and Nottingham get plastered by an Easterly in 2009 or 2010? A mate of mine lives in Derbyshire and he got around 40cm from that Easterly cold spell!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
19 minutes ago, high ground birmingham said:

Anyone in Solihull/South Birmingham? Looks like a heavy snow shower over you

Took a direct hit in this part of Solihull (and seems like the Town Centre in general judging by radar). Snowflakes themselves, despite the heaviness of the shower, were quite small and fine. In fact, it looked like an icy dust storm took over the area with it all blowing about all over the place  Resulted in an extra little dusting on top of the little patchy covering from earlier this evening 

Must say that Coventry, parts of Leicester, (and any other parts I might ha e forgotten), have done particularly well today. Those like Sheikhly, Adzzy etc certainly hit the jackpot!

When you have such passion for certain types of weather, like snow, I can concur with the annoyance when streams of showers or bands of snow pass by so close to you. You kinda feel like wanting to clutch your fists tightly and say to yourself “why couldn’t it have been that bit closer” lol. Even though their could be fewer showers tomorrow, be great if they could knock down the snow shields of cold fans in here that were left undisturbed today ❄️

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

On my way to Redditch on my last run of the evening. Nice snow shower around the Kings Norton to Longbridge area. Really quite heavy at Longbridge. Settling well it seems.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Absolutely heaving here with snow

You’re luck is running out now only one bit of heavy snow left for you make the most of it

• Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Got some big 10p size flakes coming down outside o_O

All just to the north of me but I won’t begrudge you it

• Like 1

Posted

It's still snowing longest it's done so all day, Pavement, Gardens and Road Edges have a thin layer!

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Didn't Derby and Nottingham get plastered by an Easterly in 2009 or 2010? A mate of mine lives in Derbyshire and he got around 40cm from that Easterly cold spell!

If its what i remember that was a bit of bizzare weather. At the time I couldnt work out what the fuss was about  while there was snow on the gound it was only an inch at best, but as soon as you headed to the north to Derby  there was loads of the stuff - same again in any other direction 10 - 15 miles out and deep snow.

Derbyshire goes a fair way north, down in th Trent valley area, not far from east midlands airport the weather can be drasticly different

Edited by Rich_T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

I say bring on summer now, get most of of the population vaccinated and cases down and get pubs open again so we can enjoy ourselves again!!

Edited by Vmistry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

After a brief lull of 5 minutes its starting up again now, and looks set for about an hour according to the RADAR. 

Its the same streamer that hit Leicester this afternoon and still going(!), then Coventry and now Solihull.

It only looks about 5 miles wide. We have been having flurries from it all evening.

Its now slowly pushing North into the South Birmingham area rather than going south towards Worcester.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Shezale coventry said:

Guess what? Snow turned heavy again here in coventry! Complete white out!

I'll bloody give you a white out in a minute, Shez!! *shakes fist* in all seriousness, i'm happy for you and the other people that have been under a streamer. Shame Northampton wasn't so lucky, but it's notoriously crap for snow here, so I wasn't expecting much.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

I'll bloody give you a white out in a minute, Shez!! *shakes fist* in all seriousness, i'm happy for you and the other people that have been under a streamer. Shame Northampton wasn't so lucky, but it's notoriously crap for snow here, so I wasn't expecting much.

Lol sorry but after so many disappointments im so happy that we have been under constant streamers all day! 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Yes we did, 2010. I was heavily pregnant at the time and got quite nervous. It was mega snow! 

Edited by DerbyshireDales
  • Like 1

Posted

I’m a sucker for pain. On what has been just a dismal Monday with no settling snow and the odd graupel shower; I know what’ll make me feel better. Come on here and see who got loads of settling snow!

To be fair, I’ve always liked Leicester me, good football team, good location, but I think I’d miss the proximity to the hills west of me! That’s all I’ve got

Ps: not at all jealous, not one bit

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, DerbyshireDales said:

Yes we did, 2010. I was heavily pregnant at the time and got quite nervous. It was mega snow! 

Insane levels of snow. I remember seeing the pictures and I couldn't believe it. Drifts of 3-4 foot in places!

• Like 1

Posted

Come to papa! That shower to my east is travelling almost directly west instead of south west. Looks like the wind direction is changing.

3ED14854-B1D6-45AB-BDD7-DDA2E6C5EE25.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted

Quite a good covering of snow in Redditch. Almost sad I have to go back to Birmingham and then home where I know there is nothing.

Although to be fair, it’s been a long shift and I’m ready for bed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
11 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

This part of Northants has a mini stream of snow showers lining up