Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

Looks like Nottingham is in line for a baby streamer. Stay on track little one! 

Screenshot_20210208_191644_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

9BD46CA5-ED58-4498-9292-89A6C1B1E7A1.thumb.jpeg.c231891e357c298ae1e669fbbd4d4fc9.jpeg

UKV for Saturday. Mixed feelings about this. I’d love a more widespread and significant snow event but it risks a rise in temperatures soon after.

i dont care now. id take it as long as its noteworthy! Unfortunately we wouldn't know!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
4 minutes ago, Ninman said:

Looks like Nottingham is in line for a baby streamer. Stay on track little one! 

Screenshot_20210208_191644_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

Everytime it gets close it dies out you may be in a good spot later.

I am hoping it drops abit south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Looks like Solihull is now under the streamer as it has shifted West slightly. A nice covering now, but very polystyrene due to the dryness so no good for balls!

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Ukv still had a stream all day tomorrow for midlands!!not done yet hopefully!

Yea but its ukv and euro4 etc that went for significant amounts today. The gfs done them once again tbh for the majority of areas. 

• Like 2

Posted

A proper let down today, posting on the work WhatsApp group this morning  to drive safe sent the snow away North Notts under the amber warning and we had a dusting I thought I would be digging my car out tonight after work it wasn’t meant to be ❄️ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Aidloz said:

A proper let down today, posting on the work WhatsApp group this morning  to drive safe sent the snow away North Notts under the amber warning and we had a dusting I thought I would be digging my car out tonight after work it wasn’t meant to be ❄️ 

We all get a turn, we all have had at least 1 turn in here since just after Xmas, not mine this time, but have had good events

not ruling out a dusting early tomorrow, but expect thaw as heat of the day arrives post 10am

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

We all get a turn, we all have had at least 1 turn in here since just after Xmas, not mine this time, but have had good events

not ruling out a dusting early tomorrow, but expect thaw as heat of the day arrives post 10am

Think we all have something in common we love the snow

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, WeatherPhysio said:

Wonder if this this will be the last of the snow or this winter period

Quote me on this 

not a prayer

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I really don’t feel like I’ve missed out on any events so far, even the ones where I’ve only seen a little snow because they were expected to go that way for me and I love any little bit of wintry weather I can get.

It’s been an awesome winter here in the south of Stoke. Winters here are awesome to me anyway coming from London and my expectations are probably lower than most because of where I grew up but I still think I’ve been extremely lucky. A lot of the Midlands (and the rest of the U.K.) have done worse.

So many great experiences at a time where I’ve been completely alone since Christmas. It’s kept me sane! I will be sad when this winter ends.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I really don’t feel like I’ve missed out on any events so far, even the ones where I’ve only seen a little snow because they were expected to go that way for me and I love any little bit of wintry weather I can get.

It’s been an awesome winter here in the south of Stoke. Winters here are awesome to me anyway coming from London and my expectations are probably lower than most because of where I grew up but I still think I’ve been extremely lucky. A lot of the Midlands (and the rest of the U.K.) have done worse.

So many great experiences at a time where I’ve been completely alone since Christmas. It’s kept me sane! I will be sad when this winter ends.

Kept me sane too, as I'm anti lockdown and in quarantine/furlough crap! today morning was decent, so suppose not technically missed out, just been not that cold and wet

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
2 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

Seriously like someone is taking the Tut all day

Screenshot_20210208-200324_NW Snow Radar.jpg

I’m just catching the north edge of the streamer in my locale, it’s given me a covering but it’s hardly memorable tbh.  Not sure it will keep going much longer. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
23 minutes ago, Shezale coventry said:

Well this is amazing snowing heavily last half hour everything covered and good 3cms!

You've done well out of this, Shez. Had a sugar dusting here last night and flurries today that amounted to nothing. The Northampton snow shield is on full power and nothing is getting through streamer 20 miles to the North of me all day, a band of snow, 10 miles to the South of me. Incredible scenes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
1 minute ago, WeatherPhysio said:

I’d like to think this would hit me but I doubt it

B93DD7B0-1E58-4112-BE10-0F7668BD4C4B.jpeg

Same I am on this line also.. It's all dying out I am afraid I have been watching it for hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

You've done well out of this, Shez. Had a sugar dusting here last night and flurries today that amounted to nothing. The Northampton snow shield is on full power and nothing is getting through streamer 20 miles to the North of me all day, a band of snow, 10 miles to the South of me. Incredible scenes.

Yup amazing really 2010 we missed out and 2018 but today started poorly but its been great still snowing steadily and sticking as well! Thats 2 snowfall events this winter! No more complaining about the cov snow shield now

• Like 1