Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
41 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Doesn’t seem to be as big an issue in the far south/south east of Stoke. We are a bit less sheltered, I think. Best snow cover I’ve seen this winter though has been up in Apedale. Beautiful up there, and the snow cover lasts longer than where I am thanks to the extra height. Park Hall, just a couple of miles from me is similar.

meir heath is highest point in city and only a couple of mile from you. stand on the top of the common and look all the way to the Welsh hills west and all the way down the trent valley east. grew up their and apart from leek & buxton nothing comes close especially in marginal events

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

This is torture 

D88D8F36-0AAB-43FB-A89B-E33AAB4254F1.png

• Like 1

Posted

You can see on raintoday the eastern area of that streamer is going further south into east anglia and the area over leicester is slowly lifting north!!could bring more of the midlands into play later!!

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, mildmuck said:

Position of streamer is critical , it's pretty much skimming top half of the m42 down to Worcester, it's track has now shifted slightly from what I can see.

looks to have taken a more direct easterly route now, looks like Leicester is right in the firing line.

Posted
4 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Just to add here in oadby ive nearly had 10cms of snow!!!

Incredible really not to far away, not a covering here. The radar not looking the best now though and gfs goes for it dying down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny
4 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

You can see on raintoday the eastern area of that streamer is going further south into east anglia and the area over leicester is slowly lifting north!!could bring more of the midlands into play later!!

Hopefully! Streamers to the North of me, streamers to the south of me. Here I am, stuck in the middle... 

On the plus side for me, the melt has stopped and any light flurries are sticking. Got a new dusting on the road again. Hopefully this can build up overnight to a couple of cms

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ninman said:

Hopefully! Streamers to the North of me, streamers to the south of me. Here I am, stuck in the middle... 

On the plus side for me, the melt has stopped and any light flurries are sticking. Got a new dusting on the road again. Hopefully this can build up overnight to a couple of cms

Yeah same. I'm no expert but I'm also stuck in the middle according to the radar I'm looking at. But I remain optimistic of at least some snowfall by morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Seems like oadby/wigston is the area to be in Leicester 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Snowing and settling nicely now the sun has gone. Got really lucky today, have been bang in line for the streamer all day. 5cm or so, maybe more towards 10cm in place. Varies by place depending on wind exposure. ☃️

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, MKN said:

Incredible really not to far away, not a covering here. The radar not looking the best now though and gfs goes for it dying down. 

Ukv still had a stream all day tomorrow for midlands!!not done yet hopefully!

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

Ukv still had a stream all day tomorrow for midlands!!not done yet hopefully!

Right. I’m confirming my ceasefire with the Peak District and declaring war on Leicestershire instead

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

9BD46CA5-ED58-4498-9292-89A6C1B1E7A1.thumb.jpeg.c231891e357c298ae1e669fbbd4d4fc9.jpeg

UKV for Saturday. Mixed feelings about this. I’d love a more widespread and significant snow event but it risks a rise in temperatures soon after.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh well you can’t win em all folks !

well done to all that have a covering today ?? 
looked promising early morning but never really developed into widespread midland wide streamers did it ??‍♂️
disappointing and underwhelming but it’s only the weather

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

9BD46CA5-ED58-4498-9292-89A6C1B1E7A1.thumb.jpeg.c231891e357c298ae1e669fbbd4d4fc9.jpeg

UKV for Saturday. Mixed feelings about this. I’d love a more widespread and significant snow event but it risks a rise in temperatures soon after.

Bring it on ❄️❄️❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Well unless there’s a slight wind direction change then the streamers will just carry on effecting the same arrears so we will just get the odd flakes blowing about in the wind