Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

U eastern facing window? I know some rooms face east brrrrrrrrrr

In the mobile so we face every direction. 

To be honest, you get used to it after a while.

Posted

Decent blob over Buxton heading my way, fingers and toes crossed that the Northern Stoke Snowshield fails.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
14 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Or a frontal breakdown, models toying with snow from the Atlantic, GFS finally after 4 attempts

prectypeuktopo.png

Every run its pushed bk.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dibdabbers said:

Stoke always gets it,  had a decent covering from every single snow event to date.   Its been rubbish here need a break from the regional thread its soul destroying lol.

Yes, we have had snow on the ground for over 20 days this winter so far. A number of days sledging. It’s been a great winter here!

• Like 2

Posted

Showers in the wash looking like they are going more south now! Hopefully this means people to the south get to see some snow. Not sure if I see the showers getting back over Hinckley anytime soon

Edited by WelfordRd

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Decent blob over Buxton heading my way, fingers and toes crossed that the Northern Stoke Snowshield fails.  

My turn to look on jealously Looks like a good one.

That steamer coming over Lincoln and in-line with me is trying it’s hardest but it’s the most pathetic looking streamer in the country at the moment.

The snow from that shower earlier hasn’t melted so I’m guaranteed to wake up to my 23rd day of snow cover this winter whatever happens.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Showers in the wash looking like they are going more south now! Hopefully this means people to the south get to see some snow. Not sure if I see the showers getting back over Hinckley anytime soon

The last shower we had did stick in places where earlier it was melting so hopefully some of them showers head a bit further north.

Posted

No complaints here. Done well this winter for snow in this part of the Midlands. This easterly with a few streamers is a bit of drab/boring affair. Would be good to have one huge battleground snow event/breakdown before winter is finished for the year. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jason74 said:

No complaints here. Done well this winter for snow in this part of the Midlands. This easterly with a few streamers is a bit of drab/boring affair. Would be good to have one huge battleground snow event/breakdown before winter is finished for the year. 

Yep  been good in the black country this year    not so good today    but im sure there will be more before winters out.

• Like 1

Posted

I give you exhibit 1. Shower missed us my literal half and mile and then peeps up and expands after it's drifted by. Could smell it! Lol

I admit I am nearly 40 and still get so excited at the prospect of lying snow, just a covering and 9/10 times or more I end up feeling like a kid that has got up on Xmas morning and there aren't any presents under the tree. Sad I know ☹️

Screenshot_20210208_173850_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210208_173856_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

A quick 20 " of the biggest flakes we`ve seen all day, Caught between the streamers today

Not all bad though...….the storm season will be here shortly....livestream tested and ready

• Like 1

Posted

Radar is lying again. T_T I have clear skies above me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

We have very light snow with nothing showing in the radar leaving a sugar coating again. It will stick though now temperature has dropped and under darkness.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

We seem to be right on the edge of the streamer over Cov/Leamington/Warwick. Not sure if anyone there has reports on how its going? A subtle shift in wind would be nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
1 hour ago, markw2680 said:

Had pretty much zilch here today few light flurries which has done nothing, very disappointed so far, seem to be missing all the streamer action so far, just hope they align a bit different later otherwise will be a complete bust for this area

Personally I would say it is a bust for this area easterly is always crap for here except 2018 and a few other rare occasions this is why I don’t get too excited when I see easterlies on model.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Radar is lying again. T_T I have clear skies above me. 

I’ve noticed a lot of times this, winter when I’ve had snow down here, the radar has shown snow all over Stoke only for people in other parts of the area to report no snow. Don’t understand it ?‍♂️ I like to think the whole area is getting it, so it’s disappointing.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I’ve noticed a lot of times this, winter when I’ve had snow down here, the radar has shown snow all over Stoke only for people in other parts of the area to report no snow. Don’t understand it ?‍♂️ I like to think the whole area is getting it, so it’s disappointing.

when it comes over the peaks you get a shadow effect. shows precipitation and it isn't actually doing anything. bit like a couple of weeks ago showed bright on the radar for persistent heavy snow and it was light/moderate at best. same colour echoes to the east of the peaks and heavy snow. we had 2 inches here yet the other side of the hill in alton they had 6inches..just the way it is up here mate NW is best or a failed breakdown and we are the northern most point before the front gets pushed back.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, RobR said:

We seem to be right on the edge of the streamer over Cov/Leamington/Warwick. Not sure if anyone there has reports on how its going? A subtle shift in wind would be nice!

Its on the weak side but we are starting to get an accumulation now the temp has fallen a bit. Hopefully the wind will stick like this a while 

Edited by stokepa31
Sp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Certainly fewer showers tonight, looked the same tomorrow as today, hope a lot colder though so snow dosen't make puddles everywhere

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I have snowflakes \o/ Actual REAL snowflakes, none of that Graupel rubbish \o/ only lightly coming down but it is sticking so the cars have a very light sugar sprinkle look to them.  

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Nice little flurry. I'd say 1cm at best. Cars and road covered very quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Another event gone to pot, forget the snow, can look at the frost instead, BBC and the met-office needs an upgrade in its software.

• Like 1