Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

As expected, irritating light snow flurries, temp still creeping up, most surfaces damp/wet from what has fallen, so nothing has/will accumulate.

Posted

Coming down fairly heavy again here, with some fairly big fluffy looking flakes. Still won't settle on certain surfaces though like my garden patio. Think it's going to be one of those days with snow more or less constantly falling but with little to no accumulation from it, at least until much later anyway, that's if we even have the precipitation then.

Saying all that it's gone lighter again now anyway. 

Oh and even my lawn is struggling to maintain its dusting. Not our day in this part  (or much other parts) of the region for a memorable event I feel.

One of those frustrating snow days.

On and off with a slight dusting. Looking at the radar it’s amusing the area with an amber weather warning appears to be missing the more intense showers. 

Bit of a nothing day I reckon as the showers start too become fewer and farther between. Still at least I’m on track for the summerhouse delivery at the weekend. 

Another snow event over hyped I reckon because it affected a small portion of the south east.

Posted

Think I may need to avoid this thread for a while given the number of ignorant childish rants about forecasts and warnings   

(my apologies if they were all made in jest, but that's certainly not how they come over)

As a parting shot, we now have proper snow as opposed to a graupel blizzard in Evesham.   And looks like lots more to come for some people through the day, but nothing at all for others - exactly as forecast

• Like 3

Posted

Right taking a few hours off, as keeping watching the snow miss to the north or south or fizzle out takes it toll. Good luck everyone, hopefully when I return we have a region size blizzard! We'll we can always wish lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
7 minutes ago, Gord said:

Yeah I’m at home. In work later. Haven’t a clue where they’re sending me today!

Shows how localised it really is. Light snow here at present had a real heavy one this morning thats now blown into kerbs etc. Tonight looks promising for us as wind direction shifts slightly. Have a good day at work mate. Stay safe,  lucky I can work from home.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Same here, snow showers, some heavy & then disappears til the next one. I am still hopeful as this is the beginning 

Posted

You can really tell that the source of the cold air is different to the easterly of 2018.

The wind, though still keen, is nowhere near as strong as it was 3 years ago, which is why showers are struggling to get here intact.

The temperatures, although still quite cold, aren’t as cold either.

It’s a really good example of how important it is to trace an easterly back and see where it’s coming from.

However, an Atlantic attack that fails and slides would still have the same effect, so let’s hope for it happening eventually. Probably not for a while yet...if at all.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective
8 minutes ago, MKN said:

Thinking this is a bust for here unless things pick up. Rugby seems to be in a good spot still so perhaps 10cms possible there. 

yup snow still coming down here,being blown about in the wind.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Essan said:

Think I may need to avoid this thread for a while given the number of ignorant childish rants about forecasts and warnings   

(my apologies if they were all made in jest, but that's certainly not how they come over)

As a parting shot, we now have proper snow as opposed to a graupel blizzard in Evesham.   And looks like lots more to come for some people through the day, but nothing at all for others - exactly as forecast

Be careful out there in the 2cm, it's a life threatening situation according to the met office.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

246622233_Screenshot2021-02-08at11_12_28.thumb.png.f0ee011c6fcb75aff16863e72b416c70.pngS

Snow showers lining up with me for the first time in as long as I can remember not delivering much though. I still have a scarce centimetre.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Snow has definitely picked up here (i.e. not powder), but clearly it is struggling to settle.

Posted

steady fluffy snow all morning  light dusting at best...another "easterly day after tomorrow event". thankfully I think we will survive! nice to look at but bit of a yawn fest as expected...give me a Cheshire gap streamer anytime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been snowing on and off since the early hours but only put down about 1-2 cm on grass with snow melting from paths as soon as it stops. There have been some brief heavy showers but never long enough to amount to much with the strong winds pushing them through quickly. In a brief gap now looking at the radar but plenty more towards the east coast. I doubt there will be much here unless the showers can become more prolonged. 

Posted

Really can’t complain about this event to be honest, seems like we have hit a sweet spot. Still coming down quite a bit! Hoping it doesn’t melt too much so we have a bit freeze tonight! 

Hopefully some more of you can get some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

Roads getting slushy here now.sun tried to break through earlier but now gone again with very light snow falling in a gentle breeze.