Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
3 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Are these showers meant to get any heavier?!

Someone mentioned about a tough or convergence around the Wash but not sure when that is or if it's still forcast 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Come on little shower, you can do it!

RadarSnip.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Also not too cold, temp creeping up, -0.4C now, was -1.2c an hour ago.

Posted
1 minute ago, DerbyshireDales said:

What are they showing? (Sorry, I don’t understand the fax chart thing yet! ) 

Main things for our region are the dark black lines around the Wash. They’re convergence lines which can enhance showers.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Noce to see some more branches on the fax charts  moderate snow showers continue to rattle through here.

Temp -1c.

Wind chill-7

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Here it comes, nice little fluffy. I've noticed it melting on my paving stones though, really thought it would be colder than this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, GokouD said:

Here it comes, nice little fluffy. I've noticed it melting on my paving stones though, really thought it would be colder than this.

Aye, not the coldest, seemed to wet the ground, was all white around 8am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

These showers are really not delivering, in fact it looks like some of the dusting has melted with the sun sporadically coming out.

Posted

Off with the dogs up Long Dale shorty with my Arctic gear on, will try and get some photos for later.

• Like 1

Posted

Snows about stopped and is melting in places. The radar doesn't look particularly good either tbh. 

Posted

As you said earlier matt, its basically evaporating on the ground more than anything, very meh this, almost feel like writing it off as any snow that is falling is wiping away the dusting we had overnight.

Posted

Ironically just as I'm about to give up on this, the BBC app updates to show heavy snow showers most of today and tomorrow!  Don't see happening!

Posted

Unless some more organised snow comes along this is a write off. I think 5cm is the most I've heard of anywhere in East England/Yorkshire/Midlands. In 2018 with the actual BFTE, places were at half a foot of snow from streamers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
2 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

As you said earlier matt, its basically evaporating on the ground more than anything, very meh this, almost feel like writing it off as any snow that is falling is wiping away the dusting we had overnight.

I'm afraid on this occasion that's not the case. It's melted. The surfaces are wet when an hr ago they were white, as soon as they Feb sun plays out it melts

Posted
Just now, Snowy L said:

Unless some more organised snow comes along this is a write off. I think 5cm is the most I've heard of anywhere in East England/Yorkshire/Midlands. In 2018 with the actual BFTE, places were at half a foot of snow from streamers.

it almost feels like the strength of the wind is making any falling snow difficult to settle. Almost blowing horizontally and struggling to stick to anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

I'm afraid on this occasion that's not the case. It's melted. The surfaces are wet when an hr ago they were white, as soon as they Feb sun plays out it melts

Aye, surfaces are wet, more of a 'time of year' thaw? need it between 5pm and 9am