Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

These showers are pretty rubbish really, hit the M1 and disappear. It would have to snow like this till the end of the week to get even 5cm, which it obviously won't. Can see the clouds going over here and literally melting away

Edited by WelfordRd

Posted
5 minutes ago, Shezale coventry said:

Snowing in Birmingham hammering it down around Leicester but here its bone dry

I'm in Allesley Coventry and it's been snowing here for an hour. Which part of Coventry are you in? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, LoisE said:

I'm in Allesley Coventry and it's been snowing here for an hour. Which part of Coventry are you in? 

Ok technically it is 'snowing' but if this 'snow' would carry on for the next 5 days we would be lucky to get 2cms out of this!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

As if to mock me, a gap keeps appearing on the radar for my location! In reality though the snow has just go a little heavier. Unpredectable.

hopefully these showers will intensify during the morning, Good luck all!

• Like 1

Posted

Well this is wierd and unexpected - we now have light snow in Evesham       If we can get it, anyone can!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Snowing well here now....dare I think it may continue.... not the leaden sky required, gaps in the cloud but it does mean there's a chance. When the Easterly picks up that should be it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Occasional caster sugar here, ruler/tape measure will not be required.

Posted

Had a look at the Yorkshire and East England thread expecting to see good snow pics but even they are struggling to get past the dusting stage. This isn't anything like 2018, back then it was lines of non-stop snowfall, not showers. Have a feeling the BBC/MetO have ramped this too much.

Posted

Well this is a treat! Must be nearly 2 inches on the ground now. For where I am, that's verging on a snow drift

May get a decent covering before it's done today. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Serendipity said:

Snow here, a little covering too. 

8B7C856F-32EA-49B0-A369-44977406D243.jpeg

More than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

heavier shower here, hit mainly between Stafford and Stoke

Don't use it all up! I'm watching that one heading my way haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Loght snow falling looks like talcum powder lol. Covering on all surfaces  showers packing in from the wash for next 24 hours. Bitterly cold, smashing start we won't see the crazy snow of a few weeks bk but still excellent stuff. ☃️☃️☃️

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

Had a look at the Yorkshire and East England thread expecting to see good snow pics but even they are struggling to get past the dusting stage. This isn't anything like 2018, back then it was lines of non-stop snowfall, not showers. Have a feeling the BBC/MetO have ramped this too much.

I don't think it's the BBC/MetO who have been ramping it     It was never ever expected to be anything like 2018 - except on social media and in the tabloids.

Posted

I never understand ALL the hype about the beast from the east. For here you need to get the cold air in and then have a atlantic low push in against the cold air then stall and slide away south east. 

That's pretty much the only way to get a decent snow event here. 

• Like 2

Posted

This is all a bit "much to do about nothing" looks pretty when you get a flurry but does seem to do more than dust the floor. I admit it's better than nothing but is certainly not significant snow. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Essan said:

I don't think it's the BBC/MetO who have been ramping it     It was never ever expected to be anything like 2018 - except on social media and in the tabloids.

I assume The Express has their USUAL bold headline BRITIAN to be SWAMPED by MASSIVE snowstorm?

I'm not sure, since Nathan Rao blocked me on Twitter for slating his weather hyperbole!

Posted
1 minute ago, WelfordRd said:

This is all a bit "much to do about nothing" looks pretty when you get a flurry but does seem to do more than dust the floor. I admit it's better than nothing but is certainly not significant snow. 

The real action is around Bridlington

Posted

Looks like heavy snow showers over North Stoke. Peak District doesn’t seem to be doing much damage. If I could catch a streamer, I could be in business!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, Matthew Gill said:

I never understand ALL the hype about the beast from the east. For here you need to get the cold air in and then have a atlantic low push in against the cold air then stall and slide away south east. 

That's pretty much the only way to get a decent snow event here. 

Exactly the beast from the east is shocking for our neck of the woods its just really cold and that's it. I.e a few weeks ago we had 10cms of snow in a less cold set up as i always say it doesn't need to be a easterly and minus 50 for snow!