Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

Very poor here, woke up to everything still green. Showers mostly dying in the East Midlands, this wasn't in the forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Siberian scene outside. Powder snow falling and settling from a lead grey sky. Likely to continue all day. Amber warning. Odd as i was told this was going to be "cack" and, also, that it was a , to paraphrase, 'lot of fuss about nothing'? Confusing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Well, windy, snowy, getting heavier. Looks like it could be in for sometime. We shall see. 

20210208_080932.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sleet30031972 said:

Siberian scene outside. Powder snow falling and settling from a lead grey sky. Likely to continue all day. Amber warning. Odd as i was told this was going to be "cack" and, also, that it was a , to paraphrase, 'lot of fuss about nothing'? Confusing

Well in some places it's great, in others (here) it is cack.

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

think flurries on and off today, heavy at times if lucky, maybe thaws inbetween if sun shines

can't see much of a thaw in this biting easterly? just whether the snow really settles at all being the main issue. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Looking at radar I’d say Birmingham area could get some today they do seem to be spreading a bit further west now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Crap here, a couple of dusty mm, and most of what's left of the showers heading north or south of me. Oh well, I wasn't expecting much from an easterly anyway!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

can't see much of a thaw in this biting easterly? just whether the snow really settles at all being the main issue. 

Sublimation rather than thawing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

Snow picking up here now and  the sky looks full of precipitation - visibility looks to be quite reduced. 5-10cm looks likely today

Posted

Look at those heavy showers that have made it to Cheshire. They made landfall around Bridlington, tracked across the south Pennines and have still kept going.

Our ones that have come through one of the flattest counties in the country and have darted south of the Peak District are really struggling.

Just when you think you’ve got to grips with the science behind it all!

Posted
Just now, Gord said:

Look at those heavy showers that have made it to Cheshire. They made landfall around Bridlington, tracked across the south Pennines and have still kept going.

Our ones that have come through one of the flattest counties in the country and have darted south of the Peak District are really struggling.

Just when you think you’ve got to grips with the science behind it all!

I don’t understand how the Pennines does less damage to some of these showers than the Peak District ?‍♂️ 

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I don’t understand how the Pennines does less damage to some of these showers than the Peak District ?‍♂️ 

And then the Peak District does less damage than completely flat land over Nottingham/Lincolnshire.

• Like 2