Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
Just now, WorldExplore said:

With some wiggles wobbles this looks like the area in focus to start.

20210207_223710.jpg

It better be because I'm in the middle of that band haha

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder and lightning!!!

Super light coating now - still only lightly snowing but the flakes are bigger! 

• Like 1

Posted

Worked my train back to New Street (I’m a guard if you’re wandering). Part of my job is to stick my head out of the window as we leave stations to be a second pair of eyes for the driver. Was ok on the sheltered side going up to Wolverhampton. Brutal coming back with powdered snow stinging my face!

Also noticed the snow settling on some of the platforms, notably Tipton where it was blowing around too.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 6

Posted
42 minutes ago, WorldExplore said:

If anyone can tell me about Wirksworth? Its been on yellow/amber/red blob over an hour nearly. Some kind of peak?

20210207_220547.jpg

39 minutes ago, DerbyshireDales said:

I’m 5 minutes from Wirksworth. That literally always happens. Have no idea why. Always gets stuck showing that and always above Wirksworth. It stays like that for hours, regardless of the weather there. It’s not even snowing at the moment. I wonder if it’s a glitch in the monitoring/radar info they have there? 

There is a high point there, gets up to about 1180 foot (The old Hooton quarries dig into it).  Wirksworth's at around 500foot, so quite a gradient change but it is a steady gently increase rather than a sudden steep incline, so much less noticeable.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Nothing visible here.

Posted

I think we have a winner! Heavier and heavier precipitation going to hit North Midlands. Hope the area underneath it to the Wash picks up else it's snizzle all the way. Might get a covering by Xmas ha ha ha 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Snow flakes blowing about in a quite strong wind here too it very cold though.aks

Posted

May not look like much but the very very light snow is actually starting to settle on the car I'll count the flakes and compare again in an hour or so

Screenshot_20210207-230111_CloudEdge.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Nothing here. I think we are in a terrible spot in Northampton, for this. Too far South and central for those showers coming in off The Wash and Lincolnshire area. Looks good for you guys in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicester and even the West Midlands.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Nothing here. I think we are in a terrible spot in Northampton, for this. Too far South and central for those showers coming in off The Wash and Lincolnshire area. Looks good for you guys in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicester and even the West Midlands.

Some computer models do develop a persistent Wash streamer down to your way, so don’t give up hope!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

A few small flakes fluttering about in the wind, noticed that it dies before it reaches this location.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat

Some very light flakes here in Telford. Mostly blowing sideways, but looks like a dusting on my car. The things we get excited about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Very light snow falling here now...

Settling showing on cars but nowhere else (yet).

Looking more and more promising for most tonight.

Watched a promising BBC forecast tonight showing many snow streamers around the Midlands for the next 24hours. Talked of up to 25 cms in places. 

MIA 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Its picking up here in leicester!!fax gives north midlands and east midlands snow for nearly 3 days straight thanks to a convergence!

There will be some variation over those days, I think the forecasters have mentioned this, especially as the isobars loosen a bit after tomorrow. However, I do expect Leicester and notts to be very much in the sweet spots for the next few days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Got a few specks of settling snow here as well. With it occasssionly blowing against my bedroom window. Hope it picks up though. 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Some computer models do develop a persistent Wash streamer down to your way, so don’t give up hope!

I hope you're right, bud.

Even if I don't see a flake, i'm genuinely happy for the rest of you in here It's not often that we see a prolonged, cold Easterly like this one

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
13 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Been snowing in Corby for few hours on and and off  got this not much to write home about lol

DEAEB27F-F69D-4C68-857F-1CE6FD103B01.jpeg

• Like 1

A cold night out there in Alton, Staffs. 

snow blowing around in the wind but managing to leave a slight dusting in spots!

interesting to see what the next 24 hours delivers with talk of sliders and heavier showers. If the MetO app was reliable I would say we’re onto something pretty decent snow wise... but alas this is the MetO app we’re talking about!

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Very light snow falling here now...

Settling showing on cars but nowhere else (yet).

Looking more and more promising for most tonight.

Watched a promising BBC forecast tonight showing many snow streamers around the Midlands for the next 24hours. Talked of up to 25 cms in places. 

MIA 

Just listened to them say there will be one particular stream of showers from Leicestershire to the Peak District. Yep

• Thanks 1