Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just had literally 3 flakes slide down in the sheltered back garden here also. Tops being broken?

Temperature at 1.5C

MIAt

Posted

Unbelievable. Showers are now making it over the Pennines, which are higher and more extensive than the Peak District, and going round to the west of Stoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, always knew today would be mainly dry, until the low (storm Darcy) moves away tonight

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

2 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Not sure, but I think Matt got it and well said, but I’ll keep that snap-shot and I’ll do a comparison at 12:30 then we’ll see how accurate it is, hopefully for the better

2 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Is that accurate though? Why would there not be showers behind it in the North Sea?

Here’s the comparison from 2hrs ago projected for now 

8FA3E8F5-7D4D-4FE2-B40A-ECB204A55DB3.thumb.png.0242b4e45f24b57240ba755e009cce62.png

And now 

617BB773-A4E6-425B-8D9C-4D4527EE20DE.thumb.png.dec908f76c37384329d0e070724092c6.png

The goods didn’t deliver, so your answer Snowy L ( not accurate ) 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Chasing Snow

Im i right to say that with this kind of setup if i remember correctly in the past, it has been a nowcast/last minute situation with the warnings coming out last minute due to no comp model having an idea where the convection line of showers going inland would be. Im pretty sure going by history that the midlands will have one big streamer sitting over the lucky ones for a good many hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Humber streamer now failing too. Whatever is coming tonight, it's not going to be from this batch of showers, something new has to start.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

8FA3E8F5-7D4D-4FE2-B40A-ECB204A55DB3.thumb.png.0242b4e45f24b57240ba755e009cce62.png

And now 

617BB773-A4E6-425B-8D9C-4D4527EE20DE.thumb.png.dec908f76c37384329d0e070724092c6.png

I believe if it was frontal then it would be pretty close, but being the nature of convection it would be no where near. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Blooming heck people there’s nothing really forcast here until much later tonight, give it chance for goodness sake 

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowy L said:

Humber streamer now failing too. Whatever is coming tonight, it's not going to be from this batch of showers, something new has to start.

More likely after 9pm tonight humber will become on fire.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The Radar prediction won't pick up new snow showers growing and coming in off the North Sea, it will only predict the movement of those already over us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

had a very lite snow shower about 20 25 minutes ago here very cold and quite windy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

1.5 degrees and -4 dew point here!temp very slightly higher than forecasted maybe?!

Doesn't matter with dew points like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
5 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

The Radar prediction won't pick up new snow showers growing and coming in off the North Sea, it will only predict the movement of those already over us.

Hi pm can you please start a new thread for this cold spell this one I think is too long thank you

Posted

Sunday was never looking like a very exciting day for the Midlands 

From around 3am tomorrow is when things should get more interesting . 
Very few models have suggested settling snow here before early Monday 

Monday looks like a great day . Tuesday and Wednesday could be as well as they get into the range of high res models . I would suggest some parts might end up seeing 10-15cm Of snow before the end of tomorrow whilst others have a cm

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

And now 

These projected radars are absolutely useless it simply takes current radar and moves all the precip in the direction its currently moving but what we have is showers dying out to the west and more precip continually feeding in from the east. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, MKN said:

These projected radars are absolutely useless it simply takes current radar and moves all the precip in the direction its currently moving but what we have is showers dying out to the west and more precip continually feeding in from the east. 

Good for tracking the movement of precipitation to see if it’s on track for your location but doesn’t show how it might change in intensity.

For example, if you live in Stoke you can track a shower coming in from the north east to see if it would hit you but the predictive radar won’t show the hills keeping it all for themselves. Unless it’s rain, and then it won’t show it’s rapid intensification  

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met now picking up on the streamers for tomorrow and Tuesday for the midlands. Went from no snow to 24 hours of snow lol. Few flakes blowing in the wind here. Also seems very localised in the SE watching the Tottenham game and its nothing more than bum fluff.

• Like 3

Posted

Snow is starting to drift now in the fields around me with gales at times. Wind chill -8 now

Re- new thread I will see what I can do shortly

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
26 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Blooming heck people there’s nothing really forcast here until much later tonight, give it chance for goodness sake 

“Blooming heck” with words like that your in the wrong regional thread

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Met now picking up on the streamers for tomorrow and Tuesday for the midlands. Went from no snow to 24 hours of snow lol. Few flakes blowing in the wind here. Also seems very localised in the SE watching the Tottenham game and its nothing more than bum fluff.

i see the floodgates have been opened in north london (Again) for the baggie boys Very dark skies around here with the odd flake blowing around the wind, and feeling very raw! excited to see what might happen tomorrow.

• Like 1