Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted

More showers forming in what was the dry gap around Lincolnshire now, they are on the right track for here if they can keep going and should just miss the Peak District. Encouraging to see bits of red west of the Pennines too on the radar.

Come hither...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Very light snow in Belper too with a brisk and bitter wind. Tonight/tomorrow looks to be when things really get going with some places who end up under a streamer getting some significant falls by the end of tomorrow. These streamers will hopefully move around a bit to distribute the snow a bit more equally. 

The Eastern side of the Peak District could get an absolute dumping (but not sure that is classed as the Midlands).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
25 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

06Z a bit better for Friday, slightly further East! but really think chuck in the towel for Friday snow

prectypeuktopo.png

Can you please keep on throwing the towel in or state that its nailed for a dry day as you did yesterday for Monday

It keeps on working  ❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Shezale coventry said:

So close right on the edge of the warnings!

Screenshot_20210207-103706_Chrome.jpg

Don’t think there’s any hills to your east? Be surprised if you don’t get some, assuming showers/streamers align for you.

Posted
Just now, Dancerwithwings said:

Can you please keep on throwing the towel in or state that its nailed for a dry day as you did yesterday for Monday

It keeps on working  ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Nailed on dry for Stoke-on-Trent. Will never, ever see snow again.

*Waits patiently*.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Don’t think there’s any hills to your east? Be surprised if you don’t get some, assuming showers/streamers align for you.

You would of thought With no hills east of us we would be best placed but in 2018 we missed out big time by 20 to 30 miles!

2 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

That warning has pushed west and upgraded

Leicester is the place to be tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

March 2018 just outside wolves, so don’t be surprised to see these push as far west as wales

AC3DE946-B0C2-4AE3-8A85-169D02770DD9.jpeg

56049F33-60C0-4E04-8017-D58C964A3DE5.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
6 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

That warning has pushed west and upgraded

The warning ⚠️ your referring to is where, Met O isn’t showing any different to what Sc is showing 

Posted
1 minute ago, sheikhy said:

The one for monday i think?!!

Yeah it's for Monday it's been moved slightly westwards more for Northern England. Its a no cast, I would ignore all these App and keep an eye on the radar. We have got heavy snow on the met office app on and off from tonight, which I take as seriously as Tottenhams chances of a top 4 finish! Lol

• Like 2

Posted

Not saying this will happen for me but, isn’t it amazing how apps and computer models suddenly start to pick up the snow shower risk in an event some were completely writing off as a non-event for the entire region based on apps and models days ago while others insisted they’d be wrong?

B7E0F00D-AD6A-406B-906B-3C65180F7CE5.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Can small lows develop in this kind of unstable airflow? I cant remember when but do remember a time where a small featur developed on an easterly which wasn't forecast and delivered snow more inland. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
1 hour ago, Macey said:

Looking West from Northampton and there's some massive dark grey clouds overhead, nothing on radar though which is odd! Maybe some surprise snow on the way?

Sorry, just stoked the fire up in Daventry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Not saying this will happen for me but, isn’t it amazing how apps and computer models suddenly start to pick up the snow shower risk in an event some were completely writing off as a non-event for the entire region based on apps and models days ago while others insisted they’d be wrong?

B7E0F00D-AD6A-406B-906B-3C65180F7CE5.jpeg

Aye... according to the MetOffice app my village is due for 18hours of non stop snow, heavy at times. Over 24hours if you count one dry hour... that would be amazing. In terms of IMBYism,  my experience with these streamer shows is they go through north Leicestershire, derby and notts more often than not and so tend not hit me. But I have tomorrow off work so I will be on here at midnight and staying up if people are doing well off them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

There’s no hills from wales to the east right across the Midlands so I’d expect quite a lot of showers to push right across to wales tbh, there’s going to be a lot of shocked people come the morning I feel

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Aye... according to the MetOffice app my village is due for 18hours of non stop snow, heavy at times. Over 24hours if you count one dry hour... that would be amazing. In terms of IMBYism,  my experience with these streamer shows is they go through north Leicestershire, derby and notts more often than not and so tend not hit me. But I have tomorrow off work so I will be on here at midnight and staying up if people are doing well off them

Agreed many times I have sat and watched the streamer or lines of showers go through market bosworth and which about 5 miles north of here 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The Wash streamer is officially just starting, and aiming directly at Northampton.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

Met office app doesn't have much of a clue. Now updated again to no snow until 3am. Before this it was updated to have snow showers most of the afternoon. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The Wash streamer is officially just starting, and aiming directly at Northampton.

yep, noticed that, might be a bit too southerly for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
5 minutes ago, WelfordRd said:

Agreed many times I have sat and watched the streamer or lines of showers go through market bosworth and which about 5 miles north of here 

You know we've now jinxed it... they will go south of us