Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
6 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

I just use the models PPN as a guide, we all know there be less PPN on the western side of the pennines but that is not to say there will be none. I think Manchester will be fine and should see snowfall(might see some as early as tomorrow night), the hills are not as extensive or as high as they are further north so less chance of showers not making it through.

The areas that are not likely to see much if any snowfall will be between North Lancashire(so here) down to around Wigan and the Cumbrian coast barring a trough/front or a streamer. Love to be proven wrong mind and have been many times so that might be a good omen.

A good post and I agree with you. We’ll see how we get on! Not long till it goes bitterly cold now  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
25 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Never mind what the weekend holds for the North West, Jo Blyth is doing the forecast on Granada so it ain’t all bad

Sorry Jo but simply not good enough.

Smiling at me while coming with the “at least the worst of the snow will not affect the North West” attitude.

I expected better from you

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
4 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Smiling at me while coming with the “at least the worst of the snow will not affect the North West” attitude.

Yep 1 out of 10 for that forecast, would you give her 1 too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
2 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Ooh trough making it through Cumbria, yes please!

That trough is moving through the whole of the region. Would be great for all of us if that verifies, even further West. Just the kind of thing we need in this setup to deliver the goods in the West of the region. All eyes on the faxes over the coming days for more things like this cropping up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I BEST PUT A DISCLAIMER OUT THERE, THAT TROUGH ISN'T REAL. IT WAS A JOKE BETWEEN ME & WILL EARLIER.

Sorry guys.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

I BEST PUT A DISCLAIMER OUT THERE, THAT TROUGH ISN'T REAL. IT WAS A JOKE BETWEEN ME & WILL EARLIER.

Sorry guys.

Ooooh that’s wicked

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

She said we're sheltered & that's true to an extent but they said the same thing in 2018 playing things down. Yet there was a good deal of heavy and blowing snow here off fields. If that's "sheltered" then I'd love to see what isn't. Maybe it's like Japan in Huddersfield.

6841197557_a801b14429_o.thumb.jpg.cc62bc930c871cdd073a0441d6fd4190.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, NickyB said:

Ooooh that’s wicked

Lol

Posted
3 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

She said we're sheltered & that's true to an extent but they said the same thing in 2018 playing things down. Yet there was a good deal of heavy and blowing snow here off fields. If that's "sheltered" then I'd love to see what isn't. Maybe it's like Japan in Huddersfield.

Yeah that's the type of streamer I'm expecting.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dexter said:

That trough is moving through the whole of the region. Would be great for all of us if that verifies, even further West. Just the kind of thing we need in this setup to deliver the goods in the West of the region. All eyes on the faxes over the coming days for more things like this cropping up.

Sorry mate, I didn't realise it would cause such a stir.

Anyway, here's the real updated fax for the North West.

index.thumb.jpeg.cd4666a73a3c48be878418dceea00f51.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Now here is some hope  15Z update

image.thumb.png.251f4f09480c0d20119735496d61594d.pngimage.thumb.png.371be8375ade4007aceab5b1d2dd5ab5.pngimage.thumb.png.3f74d75f04d9b7eff3c596edbe2609db.png

That last chart certainly looks in line with what the GEM has been suggesting for a couple of days, it then had a streamer further North on the Tues so it will be interesting to see how UKV keeps updating when in view. Thanks SW.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

That last chart certainly looks in line with what the GEM has been suggesting for a couple of days, it then had a streamer further North on the Tues so it will be interesting to see how UKV keeps updating when in view. Thanks SW.

Yea, upgrades all the way I say, Just had the ITV news on and she was totally dismissing north west for snow, don't know what she was on about , I certainly didn't take any notice.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It’s one of those occasions where it’s best not to look at precipitation charts at all. Showers are always underestimated. 
Of course the further east the better it will be but I’m willing to bet there will be a few surprises.

Edited by James M
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
24 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Sorry mate, I didn't realise it would cause such a stir.

Anyway, here's the real updated fax for the North West.

index.thumb.jpeg.cd4666a73a3c48be878418dceea00f51.jpeg

Nah, will be more like this on the Wirral 

image.thumb.png.5d358800717832189e9b55696868beab.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Although Sunday onwards is still very much up in the air; tomorrow’s rain to snow event looks a bit more nailed on so hopefully we can all have a covering which stays around, even if we get little from the following days.

Reading a few comments in the Mad and Yorkshire threads, it looks like Sundays SE whiteout is being pushed a bit further north, something which will no doubt push the shower streams further north as well leaving us in the no mans land between so once again someone else’s gain is our loss.

hopefully once it sods off, the shower streams will set up again and if our luck holds these will make it over the Pennines and give us a top up and set the tone for the next few days but if not it’s enjoy what bit we may get tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
27 minutes ago, Dexter said:

That reminds me I have to tend to my banana plants!

• Like 5

Posted
56 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Now here is some hope  15Z update

image.thumb.png.251f4f09480c0d20119735496d61594d.pngimage.thumb.png.371be8375ade4007aceab5b1d2dd5ab5.pngimage.thumb.png.3f74d75f04d9b7eff3c596edbe2609db.png

That’s more like what I expect to see  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Although Sunday onwards is still very much up in the air; tomorrow’s rain to snow event looks a bit more nailed on so hopefully we can all have a covering which stays around, even if we get little from the following days.

Reading a few comments in the Mad and Yorkshire threads, it looks like Sundays SE whiteout is being pushed a bit further north, something which will no doubt push the shower streams further north as well leaving us in the no mans land between so once again someone else’s gain is our loss.

hopefully once it sods off, the shower streams will set up again and if our luck holds these will make it over the Pennines and give us a top up and set the tone for the next few days but if not it’s enjoy what bit we may get tomorrow.

There’s a bit of concern that it’ll be a dry affair this side of the Pennines as well. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

There’s a bit of concern that it’ll be a dry affair this side of the Pennines as well. 

Yeah while we are deciding which side of the street can have the showers, on the other side of the Atlantic, a storm dropped upwards of two feet of snow over a thousand miles of the eastern US.

this country really is the pits when it comes to extreme weather.

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Just done some digging.

27th Feb 2018

No snow from the East this far west is utter tosh!

archivesnh-2018-2-27-0-0.thumb.png.b46d19aa20887c5c79f547d034c2657d.png

We got this.

DSC_0571.thumb.JPG.9a61d185ab17a03e5e2437e3a5f2947f.JPGDSC_0573.thumb.JPG.c359f04d4a1cb919a8734fa01278d0cc.JPG

47 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Looks like my road, spot the palm tree, in fact I'm sure @SP1986 has one too, in good old Costa Del Wirral   

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Snake pass Monday

• Like 2