Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

The ghastly SW airstream and its associated murky, mist, dank humid muck in full attire... can't wait for the cold front to kick it aside!

Yes, and from 3am this morning, periods of puke, with further outbreaks of puke for my second eldest. The weather complimented his condition perfectly.

Anyway, its not CV more likely Norovirus.

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Yes, and from 3am this morning, periods of puke, with further outbreaks of puke for my second eldest. The weather complimented his condition perfectly.

Hope they’re better soon 

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Hope he's feeling better soon.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Maybe it’s an altitude thing but the low cloud and drizzle are hanging around this part of the region like a bad smell and although not fully writing the day off, it’s certainly spoilt it; especially after the planned trip into Manchester was cancelled due to a lack of interest.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Hope those two results makes a better weekend for you

DD312581-CF49-44A6-B1C4-65B0587E1645.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Sun finally breaking through here, feels pleasantly warm in it...but we've transitioned from West is Best (most of the summer) to West is the Pest...and if we don't get our fair share of rain (which we probably will next week) then there will always be an abundance of low level cloud, mirk and drizzle with light winds and ever shortening days.  Can't remember when we last had a westerly gale....might not have to wait much longer.

• Like 4

Posted

Glad the sun's come out cos I need cheering up after watching a dismal Rochdale lose against Oldham 0-1. Worst we've played all season by a mile. 8 year old whisky helps too. Make the most of tomorrow those who like a bit of warmth. All change this coming week. 

20210925_171800.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
6 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Hope those two results makes a better weekend for you

DD312581-CF49-44A6-B1C4-65B0587E1645.jpeg

Update: the sickly child had made a vast improvement. Just hope it avoids the rest of us.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A cloudy start has been replaced by warm sunshine on what, if the forecast comes true maybe the final day of summer conditions.

Yes we need rain, although whether we want it is a different matter but it looks like the reservoirs will get a bit of a top up over the coming days.

• Like 6

Posted

Last of the 'late summer' warm feeling days.. autumn finally looks like starting tomorrow! 

Mother nature looks more akin to late August. Everything still very green and lush. Weeds in abundance, flowers still thriving. Need a good frost.. a late autumn colour show this I think.. I hope we don't have strong gales bringing down the leaves before they have had chance to turn properly!

• Like 6

Posted

Think we all agree we need a spell of much needed rain.  The Lost village is emerging from Haweswater Reservoir due to water levels being so low 

WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

Water levels have dropped so much that the "lost village" beneath Haweswater Reservoir is emerging

...but it all depends how long this unsettled spell lasts and if it overstays it's welcome.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Been a few times we've had these dire warnings to save water only for the Atlantic to crank up straight after like it's going to do from tonight haha. I think the likes of Haweswater and Thirlmere will start to slowly fill up this week as the water cascades off the fells.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Been a few times we've had these dire warnings to save water only for the Atlantic to crank up straight after like it's going to do from tonight haha. I think the likes of Haweswater and Thirlmere will start to slowly fill up this week as the water cascades off the fells.

Yes if this was May or June there would be much major concern. Alas entering what is traditionally the wettest quarter of the year. By October there is much less evaporation from plants and trees etc. Just been out on Langdale and the rivers were surprisingly lively and lots of large puddles about. Doesn't take much for the lakes and rivers to quickly fill and the coming week is forecast wet which will increase levels.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A decent day here today, predominantly sunny and a keen breeze throughout. Looks like things will be changing as this week goes on with the Atlantic starting to crank up a gear bringing an end to the 'drought'. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

That is one unsettled GFS run. LP after LP and some strong winds at times. I think the word "gales" may be muttered by the forecasters soon enough and named storms. Can't remember the last time we had a proper gale.

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Never more than in 1976 when they were putting standpipes up in our streets as the last day of the drought was replaced by one of the wettest Septembers on record. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Safe to say Autumn ‘proper’ arrives this week and in a very NW way too unsettled and often windy as we slip into sweater weather season ☔️  

• Like 6

Posted
On 26/09/2021 at 18:20, Frost HoIIow said:

That is one unsettled GFS run. LP after LP and some strong winds at times. I think the word "gales" may be muttered by the forecasters soon enough and named storms. Can't remember the last time we had a proper gale.

Likewise, can't remember the last time we had properly stormy weather. I don't recall much last autumn/winter.  I wouldn't mind a decent autumn storm for some variety.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Dexter said:

Likewise, can't remember the last time we had properly stormy weather. I don't recall much last autumn/winter.  I wouldn't mind a decent autumn storm for some variety.

I can't  recall the last really stormy Autumn,  only thing sticking in my memory are storm's Ciara which cut a weekend in Llandudno short followed by Dennis, both were February 2020.  Please correct me if there has been anything notable since.  Still going out to water the garden, bits of drizzle recently not been sufficient.

• Like 5

Posted

Are we about to see another April to May flip. April very dry May very wet. Often happens long dry spells quickly followed by wet spells at the flick of a switch. October is often a very wet month in the Lake District.

• Like 3

Posted

The drought coming to an end in style here. Torrential rain lashing against the window as initial squall line moves through.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 4

Posted

Squall line has just reached here.

• Like 4