Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
1 hour ago, PennineMark said:

Unfortunately for mid summer it doesn't get much more grim than this morning's weather. Low cloud, persistent heavy drizzle or light rain, moderate cool breeze and 11c. Not out of place in late autumn or early spring. 

Looking at the wind direction not the best place to be today in your location, especially near the Pennines'. Probably the worst day for quite sometime in the Northwest.

C

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Best day here at Scratby North of Caister 

20210729_110936.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

After a very active thundery day yesterday, a much quieter day in prospect today. It has clouded in now, but looks like it will be a predominantly dry day in this part of the region. I am certainly enjoying the cooler temperatures. 

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, carinthian said:

Looking at the wind direction not the best place to be today in your location, especially near the Pennines'. Probably the worst day for quite sometime in the Northwest.

C

I think the fact that it is the worst day in such a long time gives the perception that it is so much worse than it is. Early afternoon now and still drizzly and no brightness all day. A cool 13c. Weirdly enough exactly the same conditions would provide a similarly grim outcome in late January. As far removed from ideal summer/ winter conditions as you can get. 

• Like 4

Posted

Uninspiring late July day so far. Overcast grey skies, little bit of drizzle but hardly noticeable. Current temp 18 degrees. Mmmm where has the summer feeling gone!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Best day here at Scratby North of Caister 

20210729_110936.jpg

Where's that? Proper autumn day here (and yesterday), currently overcast, 13C, windy, drizzly, like a typical October day.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

Uninspiring late July day so far. Overcast grey skies, little bit of drizzle but hardly noticeable. Current temp 18 degrees. Mmmm where has the summer feeling gone!

Same here, but just 13C!  Temps really struggle here in an unsettled westerly flow, I've noticed. 

• Like 3

Posted
21 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Where's that? Proper autumn day here (and yesterday), currently overcast, 13C, windy, drizzly, like a typical October day.

Screenshot_20210729-143320_Maps.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Persistent drizzle here blown on by a strong breeze.  Still better than suffering those hot difficult sleeping nights the other week.  Still a better halfway shot and I would settle for sunny skies and low 20's...not for the foreseeable.

• Like 4

Posted

Persistent sun with fair weather clouds ? all day.23oC

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Different world in this part of the region. It has been mostly cloudy since around late morning, but bone dry all day. All the ppn has remained to the North of us here. Temperatures obviously down a lot compared to what we have been used to recently, but a perfectly useable day here. Granted, not glorious summer sunshine, but I'll settle for dry weather.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Depending on where you are in the region it's the last night (or four) of lingering Twilight. Then we return to true darkness all the way until next May. This is for the Oldham area.

Screenshot_20210729-174325.thumb.png.8f123068aa367194f88497ed041cd749.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 29/07/2021 at 17:50, Frost HoIIow said:

Depending on where you are in the region it's the last night (or four) of lingering Twilight. Then we return to true darkness all the way until next May. This is for the Oldham area.

Screenshot_20210729-174325.thumb.png.8f123068aa367194f88497ed041cd749.png

Already past that stage here. Last night we saw true darkness.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Same here, but just 13C!  Temps really struggle here in an unsettled westerly flow, I've noticed. 

13 degrees on 29 July, that is abysmal! Surprised at the 5 degree mark difference, is your reading correct? Seems a touch too low..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Definitely beginning to notice the nights drawing in that bit more now. From a tropical 23c  at midnight this time last week to a pretty cool and unseasonable spell of wet and windy weather the next 24 hours - SW England namely Cornwall will be catching the worst of it but we won't escape it entirely either. Mixed and at times coolish week next week but signs of a potential gradual warm up (maybe even some heat again) towards mid August with still lets face it plenty of usable warm weather potential right through until October really but increasingly without the sticky humidity and uncomfortable nights mid summer heat often brings - mellow sunny September days around 19-20c by day but followed by lovely cool nights just as the leaves are beginning to turn are my absolute favourite ☀️  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see that low which, two days ago  was forecast to get no further north than the M4 dumping heavy rain across our region.

shame it wasn’t January and with plenty of cold air wrapped around it then Wednesdays forecast would have been millimetre perfect.

• Like 4

Posted

Its started off a wet day here to.

That classic sound of rain on a caravan roof.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Nice to see that low which, two days ago  was forecast to get no further north than the M4 dumping heavy rain across our region.

shame it wasn’t January and with plenty of cold air wrapped around it then Wednesdays forecast would have been millimetre perfect.

Aye, and if by some miracle the rain/ snow band had made it this far north in January our old friend the rain shadow would surely have kicked in ?‍♂️.

• Like 7

Posted

Windy and warm at the moment but that spiral looks to shake everything up later.

• Like 3

Posted

Another miserable day here. 14C, thick cloud, gloomy. Feels very un-summery, esspecially after the heat last week. At least it's dry though it looks like it could rain at any moment. Thin duvet back on the bed last night, and windows closed today.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
19 hours ago, damianslaw said:

13 degrees on 29 July, that is abysmal! Surprised at the 5 degree mark difference, is your reading correct? Seems a touch too low..

Nope, pretty certain it's correct. I try to place my outdoor sensor somewhere sheltered from the sun, rain and not too close to the house or the ground to make sure the reading is as accurate as possible. I could see my breath outside yesterday, the air was so chilly and damp, so it defintely felt like 13C.  The temperature was also the same at Higham Weather Stattion, just a few miles away from me. Max of just 13.9C yesterday, my lowest max this month, no sun, persistent drizzle/rain nearly all day, it was my lowest max since Mon 21st June, only one word to say, DIRE. 

Today isn't much better, thick cloud, gloomy, and currently 14C. Higham is the same, currently 14.8C, no sun at all today.  

Posted

Tipping it down now but not sure what comes next as the wheel spins

• Like 4

Posted

A thoroughly miserable evening therefore we're having a curry from Lowestoft Tandoori 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Felt Autumnal today but that might be to do with the fact we've just come out of a heatwave, so a bit of a shock to the system.

Looking ahead poor outlook if you like a return of heat.... nothing particularly warm with temps mostly high teens.

But then again I'd rather have this than having to shower twice daily from sweating. Far better for sleeping as well but a few days in the low 20s would be fine. I think most people find that kind of warmth far more bearable and easier to do most activities in than high 20s like we had.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2