Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

26.5c already here in S Cheshire we’ll be pushing 30-31c by mid afternoon for sure. NW England & Northern Ireland the hot spots today. Quite unusual to say that! ☀️ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Last night was undoubtedly the worst night for sleeping this week so far, so uncomfortable.  I'll certainly be looking forward to the cooler days/nights after this weekend. Temperature already up to 27C here on what is likely to be the hottest day of the week.

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Last night was undoubtedly the worst night for sleeping this week so far, so uncomfortable.  I'll certainly be looking forward to the cooler days/nights after this weekend. Temperature already up to 27C here on what is likely to be the hottest day of the week.

I moved the bed next to the window and stuck my legs out!

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Awake 3 to 4.30 am, contemplating what I had to do today or if that was going to change due to mother-in-law ending up at A & E.

Hope everything is ok.

• Like 4

Posted

25 degrees now. Definitely warmest day of the year on the cards so far.m Can we hit hit 30 degrees! Would be a notably hot day for us, not easy to achieve in an average summer, but becoming more common. More unusual given it's been aided by high pressure and day on day heating rather than a plume event. 

• Like 4

Posted

Interesting from Manchester Airport

Temporary
from 22 at 12 UTC to 22 at 20 UTC

Visibility: 3000 m

Broken clouds at a height of 4500 ft, Cumulonimbus.

heavy rain showers, thunderstorm, (heavy) small hail or snow pellets

30.6C in back garden

• Like 6

Posted
9 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Interesting from Manchester Airport

Temporary
from 22 at 12 UTC to 22 at 20 UTC

Visibility: 3000 m

Broken clouds at a height of 4500 ft, Cumulonimbus.

heavy rain showers, thunderstorm, (heavy) small hail or snow pellets

30.6C in back garden

Ditto for Liverpool Airport as well, re thunderstorm chance between 12:00 and 20:00.

• Like 2

Posted

30c here currently… said 36c on car dash going to Tesco’s just now  

Hope your mother in law is ok Had Worse 

storms later? ⚡⚡⚡

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

Yes roll on the cooler nights. Just could not get comfortable at all it was a nasty night.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
10 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Blo*dy hell mate!  That graphv you posted in the MOD thread has silenced them into building Arks and buying up all UK supplies of dingys.

Below average upper air temps as well... Looking like quite a miserable August after a hot July - possibly a 2008/2010/2014/2017 repeat? Very welcome though as far as I'm concerned after all this heat! 

As long as it doesn't go on until Christmas!

7 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

I'd have given anything for my alarm not to go off at 5.30, gone half 3 before I finally nodded off, extremely restless last night.  Only in work till half 1 today, I can cope with that.  Wonder how many people will ask if we have any fans left, or where can they get one from as everywhere had sold out yesterday.  Sold out of chilled bottles of water and various cans from the sandwich chiller by midday. I think a power nap is on the cards this pm.  Right proper bog-eyed.

Amazon prime is thier friend, next day delivery of fans and bottled water.

3 hours ago, Rain Lady said:

23.6 C  now.  Some small cus drifting over from the north.  Just completed 9 consecutive dry days.

There was a lovely golden orange sunset last night.  Wondering if the smoke pollution from forest fires is already here?

There definetely was. Where are the forest fires btw?

3 hours ago, carinthian said:

Blackpool currently hot spot in England at 26c followed closely by Manchester and Keswick. North Wales 28c so far highest in the Kingdom.

C

Unusual to see Blackpool as the hot spot as it's right on the coast, must be because the wind is east/south easterly.

• Like 5

Posted

Currently 26.2C with 52% humidity outside at 1:50 pm, so I'm guessing I'll probably max out at 28 today, same as Saturday, the hottest day here. A bit of fair weather cloud starting to bubble up now, maybe a bit of cumulimbus later on like yesterday and hopefully a good thunderstorm/downpour...  I can dream! 

Temp didn't drop below 15.7C last night so the warmest night of the hot spell so far here. Currently 26C with 63% humidity indoors, a day for sitting indoors in front of the fan I think.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

So, ignoring the ‘low’ temperatures over the weekend, comparatively. This is the hottest for longest spell I can ever remember with temperatures doing the following:

Weekend just gone. Mid-high twenties. 

Sunday: 30C

Monday: 31.5C

Tuesday: 32C

Wednesday: 32C

Today: 30C (currently). 

We haven’t been far off an official tropical night either. Super hot. Super summer weather. 

• Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

So, ignoring the ‘low’ temperatures over the weekend, comparatively. This is the hottest for longest spell I can ever remember with temperatures doing the following:

Weekend just gone. Mid-high twenties. 

Sunday: 30C

Monday: 31.5C

Tuesday: 32C

Wednesday: 32C

Today: 30C (currently). 

We haven’t been far off an official tropical night either. Super hot. Super summer weather. 

Cheshire always seems to the highest temperatures in our region , esspecially during a heatwave. By the coast and over here near the Pennines it's nearly always less extreme. I'm just glad its not got into the 30's here.

Here are my recorded temps for comparison:

Saturday: 28.5C

Sunday: 26C

Monday: 26C

Tuesday: 26C

Wednesday: 27C

Today: 27C (currently)

Still hot for me!  I much prefer a sunny 20C rather than this level of heat.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 4

Posted

Just breached 30c here in S Cheshire feels like temperature at 34c ☀️ Cheshire/ South Manchester, Manchester City Centre tend to do the best in heatwave setups regionally as they are inland, low ground areas. This spell has been notable as the north of the region and The Lakes have joined properly in on the fun/ heat this time something that can’t always be said in other summer non plume high pressure heatwaves that have benefited the south of the region more.  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
20 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Cheshire always seems to the highest temperatures in our region , esspecially during a heatwave. By the coast and over here near the Pennines it's nearly always less extreme. I'm just glad its not got into the 30's here.

Here are my recorded temps for comparison:

Saturday: 28.5C

Sunday: 26C

Monday: 26C

Tuesday: 26C

Wednesday: 27C

Today: 27C (currently)

Still hot for me!  I much prefer a sunny 20C rather than this level of heat.

That’s cold in comparison!!!

32.3C here now. How high will it go??!! Local records under threat surely. 

• Like 3

Posted

Showers have just developed over the Peak District.

• Like 4

Posted

31c now hottest day of summer here… feels like 35c quite oppressive  

showers getting heavier in situ over Peak District and across from me over snake pass 

BF0B0574-B9DD-47D2-BD33-34B8BAD07FBE.png

• Like 5

Posted

31c now - hottest day of the year so far for me! Can we make it to 32c? I think we can! ☀️ 

E1328683-6CC1-455C-8D38-0399E49C9053.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

29.C here (allegedly) in South Lakeland, could even be a degree or two higher. It has been consistently like this the last few days. Night times generally sit around 16.C although I am starting to get used to it, it is not pleasant.

The best time to be outside is sunset when the temperature drops significantly in a couple of hours.

A thundery cell appeared just north of me (around Thirlmere?) and headed in a south-easterly direction, giving thunder, lightning and heavy rain. However, it missed most populated areas in Lakeland and proceeded towards the Yorkshire dales. It did 'clip' us however, giving a minute or two of light rain in gloriously hot, sunny weather which was rather surreal.

A welcome return to 'normality' (for some) for the region next week, with cloud, showers and  daytime temps maxing in the early 20's and cooler nighttime temperatures.

• Like 3