Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

This is the grey mass which I heard the one crack of thunder from, unfortunately didn't see any of the strikes, it's on its way towards Whaley/ New Mills direction.  Thoughts now turning toward the football, got a chinese on order.

IMG_20210703_191433.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Can't believe I missed the shower nearby, could see streaks of rain coming out the black cloud just a quarter of a mile away. No thunder heard though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, iand61 said:

Sunny here so it shouldn’t be long before it reaches you.

Yeah suns out now. Feeling warm.

2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Looks as though the odds of it being a bust is increasing. 

May have better look tomorrow. 

Knew it! We do so poor for thunder these days I don't bother getting my hopes up when we get the warnings anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
50 minutes ago, mark blackpool said:

Constant deep booming thunder to my south 

We've cloud literally circling around us here; it's yellow/black/grey/blue with some thunder & lightning now...

Imagine the start of The War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise; it's about that colour

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, mark blackpool said:

Constant deep booming thunder to my south 

15 minutes ago, Dan B said:

We've cloud literally circling around us here; it's yellow/black/grey/blue with some thunder & lightning now...

Imagine the start of The War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise; it's about that colour

3 minutes ago, weatherchannel440 said:

House in the next village got hit by lightning 

Saw these cells develop to my west/northwest. Will be on my daily timelapse. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

This is the grey mass which I heard the one crack of thunder from, unfortunately didn't see any of the strikes, it's on its way towards Whaley/ New Mills direction.  Thoughts now turning toward the football, got a chinese on order.

IMG_20210703_191433.jpg

I was parked up on Bowstones from 5pm watching the cells initiating over Cheshire & Staffordshire beginning to move through and heard the same crack of thunder, sounded like it was from the Pott Shrigley direction but despite the torrential rainfall that followed it was mostly a localized cell that fizzled out once it passed Sponds Moor. The other ones I was seeing towards Ashbourne/Sheffield way were more lively but only one observed strike was seen.

DSC_0037.thumb.JPG.8a3fe77f4aacf3cbea4b6847498c4d7b.JPGDSC_0040.thumb.JPG.ad9cb8112cc7e64802b8ed40b0e0dea8.JPG

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of thunder here but we’ve missed the rain.

Radar is showing plenty just over the hill down the Calder Valley though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, weatherchannel440 said:

House in the next village got hit by lightning 

Ooooof. That must be scary!

Had thunder and lightning here too, frequent flashes and big rumbles. ?☔

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted
57 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

I was parked up on Bowstones from 5pm watching the cells initiating over Cheshire & Staffordshire beginning to move through and heard the same crack of thunder, sounded like it was from the Pott Shrigley direction but despite the torrential rainfall that followed it was mostly a localized cell that fizzled out once it passed Sponds Moor. The other ones I was seeing towards Ashbourne/Sheffield way were more lively but only one observed strike was seen.

DSC_0037.thumb.JPG.8a3fe77f4aacf3cbea4b6847498c4d7b.JPGDSC_0040.thumb.JPG.ad9cb8112cc7e64802b8ed40b0e0dea8.JPG

Nice pics there, hope you enjoyed your first storm chase.  I bet it felt good, I'm pleased for you.

• Like 4

Posted

Rush2112

It wasn't too bad for a first solo chase, a shame I didn't go with my gut and drive further south down the A515 but at least I managed to get a few storm-structure pics before the lower-level murk moved in ahead of it. Something brewing around Stoke right now that i'm seeing to my SW but it's getting late into the evening for it to sustain any energy for much longer.

• Like 4

Posted

Been a few flashes South and South East of me, just had an absolute downpour.  Another cell Blackshaw Moor way, there might be something on the Winking man webcam.

• Like 2

Posted

Intense band of heavy rain in last hour or so. No thunder. First proper bout of heavy rain all summer. Tomorrow could be a lively affair!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Tuesday looks spiffing in SK13

Screenshot_20210704-075423_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Back at home in Glossopia after a manic emotional week around the country… two very different wonderful weddings and my dearest Nans funeral  

thunder last night but was from storm over Sheffield way… mild and humid this morning… nice to be met with the dawn chorus again

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Back at home in Glossopia after a manic emotional week around the country… two very different wonderful weddings and my dearest Nans funeral  

thunder last night but was from storm over Sheffield way… mild and humid this morning… nice to be met with the dawn chorus again

Way back in 1973, I spent a week or so at my late Nan's flat, on the Edgeware Road . . . The dawn chorus is a million-times more preferable than the sudden onset of traffic-noise, that occurred each day, at around 5:30 am!

• Like 5

Posted
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Way back in 1973, I spent a week or so at my late Nan's flat, on the Edgeware Road . . . The dawn chorus is a million-times more preferable than the sudden onset of traffic-noise, that occurred each day, at around 5:30 am!

There's no dawn chorus in New York City.  Just hectic traffic noise and constant hooting 24/7.  I don't know how they endure it.

• Like 5