Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well these 'isolated' showers that the Metoffice text referred to this morning has turned into a band of persistent rain.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
5 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Interesting clouds

20210628_105811.jpg

When you start commenting on the formation of the clouds then you know it's been a dreary summer!

3 hours ago, carinthian said:

Looks like NW England and the Dales hogging the best of summer weather again today. Most of the top ten in temps are currently in the region , including Shap  at No 10 ! 

Northwest gain is SE pain and long may it stay ! Looks like heading for another dry month for you lot .

C

Its pointless having warm and dry weather if it's just going to be a cloud fest though. Like how a fire needs oxygen, heat and a fuel source to burn, to get a good summer you need warmth, sunshine and dryness. If any three are lacking then it's no good.

44 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Thats a shame. You must be located on the periphery of the cloud sheet. I know my friends up around Skipton are having a nice sunny day as indicated by the latest SAT.

C

SAT_1_202106281330_407.jpg

Skipton??? That's about 10 miles away from here! And they're having a sunny day! Barely a glimpse here! That does it!  Everywhere around me is getting sun but here. How unlucky can you get? It's like I'm a magnet for cloud at the moment!  

Me singing to cloud: "Clear skies to the left of me, rainbows to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with you!"

• Like 4

Posted
50 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Keswick currently warmest place in England.

It'll be a waste if it's cloudy though.

6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Thunder and lightning down here in last ten minutes in Somerset visiting my mum before my Nans funeral tomorrow 

Everywhere is getting more interesting weather than me! WHY??? I'm now convinced I live in the most BORING place in the world for weather. Well, except for maybe Torshavn in the Faroe Islands.. They just have constant cloud and 11-14°C in the summer. Don't know how people manage up there.

IMG_1793.PNG

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted

Checked the BBC weather app and for the next three days the forecast is….. light cloud, light cloud and… You guessed it.. light cloud. Wow, I totally wasn't expecting that.  ☁️☁️☁️

Still, it's not all bad. if you look at the individual days there are a few sunny spells forecast.  And there are a few days that are forecast to have "sunny intervals". I know that that probably means there will be 5 minutes of milky sunshine at 6 o'clock in the morning, but it's better than nothing. Temperatures are also comfortable around 19 to 22°C, so there is that as well. But it really does feel like living somewhere like Lima with the constant mild temps, complete absense of rain and constant cloud. ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Still, at least it's better than somewhere like Torshavn...

The most boringness monotonous climate on earth. 6°C in winter, 13°C in summer, and only 800 hours of sunshine a year. Cloudiest place on earth (what a surprise it's right next to the UK!) I do not know how people live in a climate like that without losing their sanity. 

IMG_1788.PNG

IMG_1793.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
19 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Checked the BBC weather app and for the next three days the forecast is….. light cloud, light cloud and… You guessed it.. light cloud. Wow, I totally wasn't expecting that.  ☁️☁️☁️

Still, it's not all bad. if you look at the individual days there are a few sunny spells forecast.  And there are a few days that are forecast to have "sunny intervals". I know that that probably means there will be 5 minutes of milky sunshine at 6 o'clock in the morning, but it's better than nothing. Temperatures are also comfortable around 19 to 22°C, so there is that as well. But it really does feel like living somewhere like Lima with the constant mild temps, complete absense of rain and constant cloud. ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

Still, at least it's better than somewhere like Torshavn...

The most boringness monotonous climate on earth. 6°C in winter, 13°C in summer, and only 800 hours of sunshine a year. Cloudiest place on earth (what a surprise it's right next to the UK!) I do not know how people live in a climate like that without losing their sanity. 

IMG_1788.PNG

IMG_1793.PNG

Think I know where you are coming from. However, at least Torshaven recorded quite a lot of ice days this past winter with lying snowfall quite frequent. 

C

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Keswick currently warmest place in England.

Yes we hit 23 degrees today. How often is the Lake District the warm spot at any point in the year. Rare! 

• Like 7

Posted

How often does Blackpool have a better week of weather in the summer than Brighton.

Cloudy after a bright start...little spits of rain in last half hour.  It looks pretty heavy to the east of the Pennines but breaking up considerably this side.

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Yes we hit 23 degrees today. How often is the Lake District the warm spot at any point in the year. Rare! 

Aye. Could be more frequent than you think if the current summer high blocking to the NW continues. Nice to see Westmorland  beating the SE.

C

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just hope that lot on the other side of the Pennines behaves in the same It would if it was snow and gives me a dry evening.

Edited by iand61
Spelling
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Spitting with rain here on Hadfield High Street (Station Rd) but half a mile a way back home its dry.

• Like 4

Posted
49 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

How sunny was it though?

45 minutes ago, dodge said:

How often does Blackpool have a better week of weather in the summer than Brighton.

Cloudy after a bright start...little spits of rain in last half hour.  It looks pretty heavy to the east of the Pennines but breaking up considerably this side.

Well if the last week here is better than what the south has had then I would hate to have experienced their weather!

40 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Just hope that lot on the other side of the Pennines behaves in the same It would if it was snow and gives me a dry evening.

I'm hoping it doesn't. At least it would be more exciting than the cloudy nothingness we've been having. But you're probably right, it'll just be another mild cloudy uneventful night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
16 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

How sunny was it though?

Well if the last week here is better than what the south has had then I would hate to have experienced their weather!

I'm hoping it doesn't. At least it would be more exciting than the cloudy nothingness we've been having. But you're probably right, it'll just be another mild cloudy uneventful night. 

I’m not a fan of mediocre weather myself but if I can’t have clear skies and warm days in summer then I’ll take cloudy but dry over cloudy and rain any day.

At least dry weather is usable weather.

Hopefully tomorrow will see less cloud and more sunshine and that will set the pattern for the next few days.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, iand61 said:

I'm on the other side of the Pennines at Whitby again, and it's a nice evening after a warm dry afternoon. Hoping it lasts for a few days! 

• Like 2

Posted

Another day when the sun poked out from time to time and quite a bit if cloud. Had many such days recently.

Right now we have a pincer rain attack from the NW and SE but neither look like holding there own.. we seem charmed to escape the rain..

Same thing seemed to happen alot the winter gone in terms of snow.. deflection magnet force over us fighting off the rain, unless in a typical mobile westerly flow which we've seen little of since last November.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 3

Posted

Today looks like it could be a cracker. Light NE wind blowing the cloud off to the SW giving a well defined clearance to clear blue skies. It should be with the rest of the region shortly ☀️

• Like 2

Posted

Positively stunning here.  Lots of sunshine and a local weather station is currently reading 20°C, my garden thermometer agreeing.  Enjoy your day.

• Like 3

Posted
On 28/06/2021 at 12:47, carinthian said:

Looks like NW England and the Dales hogging the best of summer weather again today. Most of the top ten in temps are currently in the region , including Shap  at No 10 ! 

Northwest gain is SE pain and long may it stay ! Looks like heading for another dry month for you lot .

C

Another day, another winner. NW tops again in the temperature and stakes. Fill most of the top 20 from the region with Liverpool currently 26 C ? (not sure about that one , but generally approaching 23 c in places , Keswick again doing well. Nice to see you lot  currently head and shoulders above the south, weatherwise.

C

• Like 2

Posted

Nice sunny morning and early afternoon but mostly cloudy now. Warm though at 22°C. This weather is getting very boring though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

The land had a good drink yesterday evening with the rain. As for today it was cracking this morning with practically wall to wall sunshine but has gradually clouded over through the day. Very hazy now with the sun more in than out. Would be nice to get a full day of sun for a change. Mountain walkers in Scotland & Cumbria will have had an absolute blast recently though. Been very dry there with even more sun than here.

• Like 4

Posted

Lake District hotspot hit 24 degrees currently 23.5 degrees. It's the new English Rivera this June! More likely to have better weather than rest of UK in June than July or August so not too unusual.. but still pretty rare.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

What a result for England - I think we are allowed a victory over the Germans in a modern major competition. About bloody time. Have to say the Germans weren't a patch on their 2014 world cup performances. I think we would have struggled against that well oiled machine. But non the less we played well. And it's either Sweden or Ukraine next for us. I think we've got a good chance of winning the whole thing now. Just got to get rid of the favourites Italy and Belgium which won't be easy.

• Like 3