Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Currently 8.6C here and sky is now clearing so relative to the time of year it could be a chilly night. Met office text saying a minimum of 3C for some of us.

• Like 2

Posted

Hoping for some summer weather from this weekend… my partner and I are witnesses at a friends (twice cancelled) small wedding in Matlock on Saturday… then down to my Mums in Somerset Sunday to see my mum, aunties, sister and nephew for first time since august for my 94 year old Nans funeral…bless her… then up to leamington spa for another nephews wedding on 3rd July… 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Well last night was absolutely horrible for me. Felt very poorly all day yesterday and last night I became extremely cold and shivery. Went to bed in dressing gown and put two duvets on the bed and I was still freezing. Had to get the hot water bottle out (which I haven’t used for years) but got really hot so had to take it off. Eventually got to sleep around 2 am. The room temperature was 20°C so not cold, though cooler than recent nights (unfortunately that the night I was cold and shivery had to be ridiculously cold for the time of year, there was condensation starting to form on the windows!) 

Feeling slightly better today, but still poorly with a runny/stuffy nose, thick head and feeling very groggy. Hopefully it’s just a bad cold and not this Indian variant doing the rounds. 

Weather looks very benign next few days, mix of sun, cloud, the odd shower and temperatures in the high teens.

BBC Weather forecast for Nelson, Lancashire. Today: Sunny Intervals. Max 17°C, min 7°C. Wind 9mph N. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641810

• Like 4

Posted

3.7C was the low here this morning. Not the coldest June minimum I've ever recorded though but still chilly for the time of year.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Well last night was absolutely horrible for me. Felt very poorly all day yesterday and last night I became extremely cold and shivery. Went to bed in dressing gown and put two duvets on the bed and I was still freezing. Had to get the hot water bottle out (which I haven’t used for years) but got really hot so had to take it off. Eventually got to sleep around 2 am. The room temperature was 20°C so not cold, though cooler than recent nights (unfortunately that the night I was cold and shivery had to be ridiculously cold for the time of year, there was condensation starting to form on the windows!) 

Feeling slightly better today, but still poorly with a runny/stuffy nose, thick head and feeling very groggy. Hopefully it’s just a bad cold and not this Indian variant doing the rounds. 

Weather looks very benign next few days, mix of sun, cloud, the odd shower and temperatures in the high teens.

BBC Weather forecast for Nelson, Lancashire. Today: Sunny Intervals. Max 17°C, min 7°C. Wind 9mph N. https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2641810

Sorry if I appear blunt ELR, but get a Covid test done and (fingers crossed) you will then be able to put your mind at rest.

• Like 4

Posted

Barely a cloud in the sky and very pleasant in the sun,  so with England due to play in the euros there's no excuse needed for beer and bbq.

20210622_184627.jpg

20210622_184452.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Sorry if I appear blunt ELR, but get a Covid test done and (fingers crossed) you will then be able to put your mind at rest.

Looked up symptoms of Indian variant and the main symptoms are: runny nose, sore throat and headache. I have a runny nose but my throat isn't sore, just dry. I have a thick head but not a headache. Would rather not get a test as I've read there are a lot of false positives with these covid tests. I'm just gonna rest at home until I feel better.

Posted
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Looked up symptoms of Indian variant and the main symptoms are: runny nose, sore throat and headache. I have a runny nose but my throat isn't sore, just dry. I have a thick head but not a headache. Would rather not get a test as I've read there are a lot of false positives with these covid tests. I'm just gonna rest at home until I feel better.

They’re uncomfortable to do…my husband always nearly pukes doing it, but I’d rather be sure and mindfully ready that I’m negative than positive especially over the next ten days going to two weddings and my Nans funeral (who died from pneumonia not Covid) bless her xx

glad to have season tickets renued at City and to be attending all matches next season as both vaccinated….. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
9 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

.....and another glorious morning although this one is not forecast to last.

Yes... never does past midday lol.

• Like 3

Posted

Gosh we have something called rain outside, not just a drizzle mizzle spitter spatter dotty burst.. looks fairly shortlived but it is soaking every surface at least..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted
15 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I think that's splitting hairs. Just assume you have it and stay in for 10 days

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
20 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

You should get a test if you have any covid symptoms. The PCR tests are fairly accurate, if you are symptomatic. Its the rapid lateral flow tests that are less so, and they are not designed for people who have symptoms anyway.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Today has turned out better than I was expecting and hasn't gone as forecast. It was mostly sunny until around lunchtime. Just had a burst of drizzle just now, but not enough to wet the ground.

• Like 3

Posted

Nothing particularly heavy rain wise but useful all the same; namely due to persistent cloud cover and lower rate of evaporation due to cool temps. Heavy sudden downpours and warm temps with high evaporation and humidity levels are not so good for the water table.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

You should get a test if you have any covid symptoms. The PCR tests are fairly accurate, if you are symptomatic. Its the rapid lateral flow tests that are less so, and they are not designed for people who have symptoms anyway.

Book a test online or call 119

• Like 3

Posted

Outlook isn't terrible, maybe some rain at times over the next few days but signs of the Azores flexing it's muscles next week and settling things down and temps more widely into the 20s again.

• Like 3

Posted

Miserable day here. Overcast all day and temp no better than 14°C. Even had a bit of drizzle this afternoon. More like an October day. I seem to have been really unlucky as most places seem to have had a nice day. I'm too ill to go out anyway so it doesn't really matter. 

Next couple of days forecast to be mostly cloudy and drizzly. Next week looking much better, plenty of sunshine and temps in the low 20's.

• Like 3

Posted
39 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Miserable day here. Overcast all day and temp no better than 14°C. Even had a bit of drizzle this afternoon. More like an October day. I seem to have been really unlucky as most places seem to have had a nice day. I'm too ill to go out anyway so it doesn't really matter. 

Next couple of days forecast to be mostly cloudy and drizzly. Next week looking much better, plenty of sunshine and temps in the low 20's.

Its been a poor day here, light rain on and off, and low cloud cover shrouding everythinG. A very dull day, quite possibly the poorest day of June so far, but thats saying something as most days have been very good. We haven't had a washout day all month, and looks like we will be spared any now, though Friday looks a damp squib, a wetter version of today. Next week looking very good, by Wednesday we might see the first 25 degrees of the summer! The last three Junes have all delivered a 25 degrees here.. and late in the month.

• Like 5

Posted

Drizzle most of the day and heavier for a while this eve.  No puddles.   Chilly day,  max only 13.1C,    No watering of vegs needed tonight and grassland will have bounced a bit.    

That's Midsummer's Day out of the way.  Hoping for an improvement over next few weeks until a succession of  Atlantic lows charge in.

• Like 3