Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
9 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Yes our summers have got warmer overall but they've also got wetter as well, especially for this region. Maybe we've just had a lot of westerly summers in recent years? It would be interesting if you could have a look at the sunshine stats as well because we have also seemed to have a lot of dull summer months in recent years especially in August.

7 months out of last 5 summers have recorded less than 150hrs of sunshine, 12 less than 170hrs of sunshine.

The last 170hr+ sunshine for August was 2005,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A decent day here yesterday although it probably ruined evening BBQ’s for some as a heavy shower passed through.

We’re back to wall to wall sunshine again this morning though and hopefully that will be the case when we head to the coast to meet up with friends we haven’t seen since October.

• Like 4

Posted
36 minutes ago, iand61 said:

A decent day here yesterday although it probably ruined evening BBQ’s for some as a heavy shower passed through.

We’re back to wall to wall sunshine again this morning though and hopefully that will be the case when we head to the coast to meet up with friends we haven’t seen since October.

Managed to escape any rain yesterday.  This morning is absolutely stunning, clear blue skies and a good feel of warmth outside already. Garden is finally sorted and tidied and I have treated myself to a little outdoor bistro set of a table and 2 chairs.  Enjoy your trip and your friends company tis a great day for it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Been a great day and I'm doing some burgers on the BBQ shortly. Nice evening to sit in the garden with family.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Do St Annes at least a couple of times a year but first  time in Blackpool for at least 10 years.

parked near the football ground (congrats to Blackpool for winning promotion to the Championship today) and walked almost to Bispham and then south to the Pleasure Beach before heading home again.

plenty of folk about, pretty busy at times and hardly anyone wearing masks but on the whole, social distancing was maintained.

all in all a decent few hours out in the fresh air and sunshine and a good catch up with friends who we would see at least every couple of months but for Covid.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

21c today and what a gorgeous day too. Start of June looking pretty good not exactly a flaming June maybe but miles better than the almost autumnal Spring weather we have had to endure recently with lots of very pleasant, warm and usable weather days.

No work tomorrow so G&Ts in the garden till sunset tonight I think!
☀️ 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Reached around 21°C here too, so the warmest day of the year here (probably is everywhere to be honest) with unbroken sunshine, a gentle breeze and low humidity. Perfect early summer conditions for me. Doesn’t get any better than this. Spent most of the afternoon sunbathing in the garden and sorting out the shed. 

Next few days look to be great too before turning cooler and more unsettled later on in the week. In the extended outlook it looks to be remaining fine and sunny with temps in the high teens.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A trip to North Wales today stunning blue skies and a high of 22c.

C.S

• Like 5

Posted
13 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

A trip to North Wales today stunning blue skies and a high of 22c.

C.S

Was it busy in N. Wales?  I was toying with the idea of a trip there tomorrow.  Bank holiday traffic on the N.Wales expressway is a bit off putting, especially now having the freedom to do it, I think alot of folks will have the same idea taking advantage of a day off and beautiful weather too.  Should have done it today but daughter had band practice in Stockport, couldn't be cancelled due to a couple of gigs coming up.

• Like 3

Posted

14 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Was it busy in N. Wales?  I was toying with the idea of a trip there tomorrow.  Bank holiday traffic on the N.Wales expressway is a bit off putting, especially now having the freedom to do it, I think alot of folks will have the same idea taking advantage of a day off and beautiful weather too.  Should have done it today but daughter had band practice in Stockport, couldn't be cancelled due to a couple of gigs coming up.

Traffic not to bad but we did leave early doors once there it was busy in places even though the weather was glorious we still had our face masks to hand and wore them even outside in busier places well worth a day out the Zoo is nice to spend a few hours but you need to book in advance on line.

C.S

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Ramp said:

Off to the Lakes today and a night spent at Windermere

Good weather here, first warm summer like day of the year, often have such days in late May, but had to wait awhile longer this year..

• Like 5

Posted

A bit of fog is clinging to the tops to my east and blocking out the sun but I’m sure it will burn off pretty quickly and then a rinse and repeat of yesterday is on the cards.

couldn’t be more different that the horrendous conditions of the early May bank holiday Monday.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

A bit of fog is clinging to the tops to my east and blocking out the sun but I’m sure it will burn off pretty quickly and then a rinse and repeat of yesterday is on the cards.

couldn’t be more different that the horrendous conditions of the early May bank holiday Monday.

I'm in worst location, north sea filth fully here as always! be great to see the end of the E'lys

• Like 4

Posted

The start of another super day.  Bit of a haze and cloud about and it's a touch more breezy,  current temp 13° and climbing.  Decided to have a barbecue this pm.  Last year my bush was huge with many a bloom on it, this year only five buds and two have opened out.  Whatever your plans for this fine day, enjoy yourselves.

IMG_20210531_093713.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What an awesome place to visit, stunning. Had a lovely meal in a posh hotel, spent the evening with Paul Sculthorpe the rugby league legend and had drinks overlooking Windermere as the sun set.

92DE7BF3-219F-481C-A23C-0134BA5B2412.jpeg

CBEBC4D5-1419-42B1-AC6E-D00513E7F33D.jpeg

457A9673-5032-443B-8110-EB06DD524717.jpeg

68D9A313-5954-4E1D-A388-A96DF44CB15E.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Absolutely boiling yesterday as no wind but only up to 21 degrees.  Probably be the same today. I have been on iced coffee all weekend. I would love to go to Southport but we always avoid it bank holiday weekends.  We had a drive out early in a different direction and the traffic was builing up by 11am.

Enjoying an ice cream now 

Edited by weatherchannel440
  • Like 5

Posted

20.8C so far here. Seems to have reached a plateau. Exactly the same temp as yesterday......tomorrow looking a bit warmer. Probably 22 or 23C.

It doesn't get much better in my opinion most people should find this weather comfortable.

• Like 5

Posted

Yes, very comfortable weather, maxed at 21°  same as yesterday, bit of cloud bubbling up.  Been a lovely afternoon, just had the barbecue and I've a full tummy and a big smile on my face.  Letting the the food go down then we're getting the board games out.

• Like 5

Posted

Another stunning day after the early morning cloud burnt of another few days of this before attention turns to the possibility of storms overnight Wednesday the outlook not looking to bad might loose the wall to wall sunshine but staying on the warm side and certainly no signs of returning to the horror show that most of may has produced.

C.S

• Like 5

Posted

Haven’t skimped on the factor 30 but after two days of strong sunshine, I’m certainly doing a good impression of a Brit abroad.

on a more positive note, over 48 hours since my second vaccination and no side affects at all.

• Like 5

Posted
24 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Haven’t skimped on the factor 30 but after two days of strong sunshine, I’m certainly doing a good impression of a Brit abroad.

on a more positive note, over 48 hours since my second vaccination and no side affects at all.

Thats good news got my second jab tomorrow 

C.S

• Like 5

Posted
41 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Thats good news got my second jab tomorrow 

C.S

I'm well impressed with the vaccination programme and grateful to the NHS, all the volunteers and anyone else involved, especially the parking stewards who direct me to a parking space when I haven't got a clue where I'm going.  My second jab is 15th June, 11am. Grateful to the scientists too, I have the Oxford one.

• Like 4

Posted

A few more pics from Ushuaia in Argentina. Does this bode well for us later this year with recent low solar activity? Who knows but their winter has gone out the blocks fast. It's been the last days of meteorological Autumn down there.

• Like 3