Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
9 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

I can see fixture congestion coming up, especially if a snowflake falls on the pitch in the more affluent area of the country.

There will likely be far less than normal in the higher leagues as one of the main factors in cancellation is often a public health and safety one rather than the actual pitch. If you've only got to clear the pitch rather than grit every walkway outside the stadium and worry about car parking roads around the stadium etc, it'll be easier not to mention there's no need to consider it being wrong to play a match and can't get too during Covid. I'd imagine if the players can get there and people can clear the pitch in time then games will go ahead. 

The primary factor will likely be if away teams get stuck on closed roads etc. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
24 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

The SE bias in the MOD thread is unbelievable.

Perfectly acceptable for that lot to moan when it looks like snow will miss them yet you get jumped on if you happen to be from another region and state it doesn't look good for your patch. 

Pointed this hypocrisy out and get post deleted. Ho hum!

Totally agree with this.. Its at the point now were its become unreadable. 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

The SE bias in the MOD thread is unbelievable.

Perfectly acceptable for that lot to moan when it looks like snow will miss them yet you get jumped on if you happen to be from another region and state it doesn't look good for your patch. 

Pointed this hypocrisy out and get post deleted. Ho hum!

Its unbelievable isn't it... should be renamed the SE IMBY MOD thread.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
7 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Radar image from New Year's eve night 1996, it was virtually continuous snow. 

BBk1m73.jpg

4 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

And the parallel run.. 

spacer.png

@Joe Bloggs Incase you missed weather histories post earlier today.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

@Joe Bloggs Incase you missed weather histories post earlier today.

Fingers crossed for an M62 streamer. Kasim is our man for exploring this possibility. We’ll only have about 12 hours notice if it happens I’m sure. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Nice swipe.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I've just had a read and caught the tale end of them slamming you, it is unbelievable in there at times, I've pretty much given up in there.

I replied to a Southern poster moaning yesterday about the 'Snow Starved South East', my post lasted 10 seconds!

They turn into Gremlins when an Easterly is on the cards!

I've complained about it been bias and basically told its not publicly 

Posted

Im going up and reading from my phone.

Just had another MOD thread nosey and its as you were with the sniping and counter sniping. Its getting very personal indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow.
2 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Im going up and reading from my phone.

Just had another MOD thread nosey and its as you were with the sniping and counter sniping. Its getting very personal indeed.

What's the MOD thread? 

Posted

Model discussion.

Dont know whats going on but @Scott Ingham has just had his post deleted for trying to keep the thread on the rails,

Posted

Must of been reading a different Mod thread tonight.

if you tell people the best of winter is behind us then only reappear when the models wobble to say i told you so then only appear again to point out the end well then your gonna get treated like your trolling.

as for the comment you made regarding heights lowering to the north on the icon run,  yeah they did but this has been an ongoing issue for days with the heights being modelled differently with each run.

Posted
14 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Totally agree with this.. Its at the point now were its become unreadable. 

There's plenty of knowledgeable posters in this regional thread who seem willing to discuss things more rationally thankfully. And we seem to manage to discuss many model related things in here. 

I don't think anyone intends to post with a bias in there anyway, it's just natural inclination not to know about how every minute set up affects each area. I couldn't tell you if a NW'ly has a bad or good strike rate in Surrey so a bit unfair to expect them to know easterlies aren't great in Liverpool. And I do have some sympathy with the ones who point out we have more snow than most up here as frankly we do. 

Anyway as for this spell as a whole, cold seems nailed on for most of us, bitter cold for many. We should all see ground frosts and quite likely icicles. I'd imagine frozen surfaces to be commonplace with potential for icicles. These are all wonderful features of a cold spell that shouldn't be under appreciated. Confidence of snow in high level areas of Cumbria and the East of Lancashire appears to be pretty nailed on, with significant accumulations of 6+ in the usual suspects places. Merseyside and West Lancs seems like there is the potential for some more moderate falls over the weekend and perhaps something more significant in the middle of next week. It's certainly far too early to call this a dud event for us. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
38 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Don’t go in there anymore only regionals 

Beginning to think the same thing mate. Been in here since 2005 and it's worse now than ever, pretty much every post has SE in it somewhere, mods don't do much about it either. Lots of knowledgable people in the NW thread nowadays though. 

Edited by Beano
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Might post this in the mad thread lol

E5E5EAB9-A568-4138-AF4B-ABE73332B52A.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Winter Hill said:

Might post this in the mad thread lol

E5E5EAB9-A568-4138-AF4B-ABE73332B52A.jpeg

Whats the worst that can happen, you'll get shot down.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
6 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Must of been reading a different Mod thread tonight.

if you tell people the best of winter is behind us then only reappear when the models wobble to say i told you so then only appear again to point out the end well then your gonna get treated like your trolling.

as for the comment you made regarding heights lowering to the north on the icon run,  yeah they did but this has been an ongoing issue for days with the heights being modelled differently with each run.

That's not what I was doing at all.

I've essentially been waiting to see if this spell was nailed before proclaiming narnia is about to appear! I've also posted plenty of cracking charts and what we want to see in order to get a properly severe spell. 

You seriously think I'm a troll??

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

That's not what I was doing at all.

I've essentially been waiting to see if this spell was nailed before proclaiming narnia is about to appear!

You seriously think I'm a troll??

No but others might

5 days of cold is pretty much nailed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, frosty ground said:

No but others might

5 days of cold is pretty much nailed 

True, but a lot of those people have been on this forum a quarter of the time I've been around. Been here since 2010 and followed every up and down going!

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Frost HoIIow said:

Pretty sure the owners of this forum are from down south. I'm not usually a paranoid person but maybe that has something to do with the blatant bias that goes on in the mod thread.

I really don't think that's the case, it's just most users are from that area so there's generally a consensus on what the 'collective we' want which appeals to most users of the site, but can easily irritate users who do not belong to the 'collective we'. I'd imagine you'd be having the same argument from the other end if London was positioned on the Fylde coastline and had the same populous. 

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Beano said:

Beginning to think the same thing mate. Been in here since 2005 and it's worse now than ever, pretty much every post has SE in it somewhere, mods don't do much about it either. Lots of knowledgable people in the NW thread nowadays though. 

Been on here since god knows when... think since it started... but yes not venturing in model thread in proper winter.. used to be a great weather analysis wish some peeps just stayed in their regionals with self analysis ... very thankful for this Thread though... love to enjoy people enjoying snow... ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2

Posted

I've missed most of the 'fun' in the model thread it would seem but I do get tired when I keep hearing this SE bias. I can understand some are edgy because the way this is setting up, a slight difference could literally mean they get rain instead of snow. There has been nothing wrong with those saying they hope the low is further south and east as that means a colder flow for everyone but the bias in me would prefer if the centre of the low was closer to the NW as that increases our chances of frontal snow however I would never say that in the model thread because that would be being bias IMBY. 

Lets not forget there is some excellent posters who do give fair analysis on there. 

Believe me that thread would be 10 times worst if there was significant downgrades.