Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I’m going to London in the next few days so hopefully should be not too bad down there. Going to be horrible and drizzly up here though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

5.3C was the low here this morning.... would have been lower if it wasn't for the breeze, got up to 13.8C a bit a go but now dropping. Should be 18 or 19C tomorrow but probably not a lot of sun with the moist tropical maritime air.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Sat in Tesco Glossop carpark.  Overcast and spots of rain on my screen. Not a breath of wind.

• Like 4

Posted

Interesting end to the GFS,1070mb Greenie high and a Scandi high of sorts. It does seem to be hinting out a chilly below average end to the month with a weak but raw feeling easterly drift. Maybe you think what's the point in that? but I reckon it's better than mild wet and windy. 

gfs-0-354.png?12image.thumb.png.a8eb93c48c69fa172d820e14eaabbfa6.png

• Like 7

Posted

Before then the first widespread air frost possible next week as we see this high ridge over us with colder uppers with it. Certainly chilly at the surface.

ECM1-168.GIF?06-0ECM0-168.GIF?06-0

• Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Interesting end to the GFS,1070mb Greenie high and a Scandi high of sorts. It does seem to be hinting out a chilly below average end to the month with a weak but raw feeling easterly drift

With the atlantic being so sleepy of late (minus a few exceptions) could this winter be the year of 'retrogression'?  Could be a cold one if this is the case, but i'm probably getting a little too excited. 

WWW.METCHECK.COM

Metcheck.com - Weather Forecast Discussions - All About Retrogression Expert Meteorologists Analyse Current Weather Situations.

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Interesting end to the GFS,1070mb Greenie high and a Scandi high of sorts. It does seem to be hinting out a chilly below average end to the month with a weak but raw feeling easterly drift. Maybe you think what's the point in that? but I reckon it's better than mild wet and windy. 

gfs-0-354.png?12image.thumb.png.a8eb93c48c69fa172d820e14eaabbfa6.png

Bring it on! Much rather have that than the gloom fest that a SW flow delivers here..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
4 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes; I can accept mild, but only if it's dry and not windy. Mild, wet & windy is the worst of all weather; (though I say that as a cyclist).

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Some strange cloud formations in Australia 

FB_IMG_1633622014584.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Got up to 18C here today with a few sunny spells as a bonus. Not bad for October but certainly not unheard of either. We got up to 21C in 2018 and 19C in 2017 so warmth still very much achievable. It's rare that we have a proper chilly October anyway. To put that into context we had 11 air frosts here in October 1993 and 10 in 1992. Can't imagine that happening these days.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A warm day. Sun even managed to come out for a bit around midday. Only recorded trace rain since midnight. Maximum was 20.8°C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A warm day today, and a real contrast to the period of cooler weather we have experienced recently. Temperatures may be a notch up again tomorrow before things slowly cool down over the weekend with temperatures back to normal by early next week.

• Like 3

Posted
8 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Still 15c at 0020 am… warm for October… woohoo ?? my brother in Costa Rica ?? is coming back to uk for Christmas… off the red list ??

Awe brilliant, that's great news and some mega catching up to do face to face.

• Like 5

Posted
47 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Awe brilliant, that's great news and some mega catching up to do face to face.

Cheers thank you definitely… plus he and my sister in law had a baby four months ago so get to meet her too  

nice bright sunshine greeted us first thing… clouded up a bit…feels warm this morning already… off for a walk whist we have patio jet washed by our neighbour… 

• Like 3

Posted

Sunny warm afternoon… even had a rainbow high in the sky… felt like 23-24c but was 19-20c…. Cold bottle of Mateus in the sun playing cards for the last couple of hours… mettricks chicken tikka kebabs tonight with veggie kebabs and pitta bread  

happy Friday everyone ??

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 7

Posted
19 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Sunny warm afternoon… even had a rainbow high in the sky… felt like 23-24c but was 19-20c…. Cold bottle of Mateus in the sun playing cards for the last couple of hours… mettricks chicken tikka kebabs tonight with veggie kebabs and pitta bread  

happy Friday everyone ??

I'm envious! Very mild but little sign of the sun. Enjoy the rest of the day.

• Like 4

Posted

Suprised the SE and South had fog/cloudy 14c today… thought they may have hit 23-24c today… didn’t realise how lucky we were today… …. 5 year wedding anniversary tomorrow… was hosting a pub quiz five years ago tonight with my husband to be for our 100 wedding guests in a pub in wiveliscombe North Somerset ❤️ 

• Like 6

Posted

Yep I’m in London now and it’s been cool and cloudy today with drizzle on and off. Not sure on temperature but don’t think it was above 18

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

An overcast start to the day here. Rain out West at the moment moving erratically East, but I doubt we'll see much of anything here in daytime hours so another dry day in prospect.

• Like 3

Posted
9 hours ago, severe snowstorm said:

An overcast start to the day here. Rain out West at the moment moving erratically East, but I doubt we'll see much of anything here in daytime hours so another dry day in prospect.

Exactly as you said.  Stayed dry but overcast all day, started drizzling in the last half hour.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

All the old backround signals seem to be shaping up rather well this year for a better chance of a cold Winter.

You know it's nailed on with gas bills going through the roof, food shortages, panic buying, petrol shortages, lack of HGV drivers & the small matter of COVID. Anything else?

An interesting Winter coming up, all the classics seem to tie in with country troubles. An omen?

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, Day 10 said:

All the old backround signals seem to be shaping up rather well this year for a better chance of a cold Winter.

You know it's nailed on with gas bills going through the roof, food shortages, panic buying, petrol shortages, lack of HGV drivers & the small matter of COVID. Anything else?

An interesting Winter coming up, all the classics seem to tie in with country troubles. An omen?

Yep mate I think we could be in for a decent one been saying it for a while now when looking at the background signals but the word "could" I'll emphasize as we know even with all the pieces of the puzzle aligning it can somehow still come crashing down on us so I'm not letting my guard down fully until we are actually on the cusp and we see it in the model reliable time frame. To be honest UK wide apart from the brilliant 2018 beasts we haven't really had a decent winter overall since 2013. That's a bloody while ago and we deserve a good one now. Last winter was "ok" here had a few light snow coverings but nothing what I'd call significant (15cm+) Jan-March 2013 was better in that sense. I'd love a 2009-2010 repeat but that might be asking too much, that frontal event in the January that dumped over a foot here was amazing. Absolute corker of a winter that was.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4