Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

A unexpected thundery shower has just been and gone from here. I first noticed the lightning activity on the 'alarm app' showing it was around the Stoke-on-Trent area about half an hour before it arrived, and I was a little surprised there was any sferic activity still going on by the time it got here given how things have panned out in the summer-thunderstorm season this year. But i'm not complaining as there was quite a few close strikes.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Interesting met office long range text "There is a chance of a colder settled period becoming established by early November".  Might mean nothing more than sunny and frosty but I'll take it and still a far cry from the usual disturbed weather we get in November. As my dad used to say from small acorns great oaks grow.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 6

Posted

I'd take 'cold and settled' for November at any chance if was offered.  Hopefully followed by 'cold and snowy' for December/Jan.

Tomorrow's rain as a yellow warning out...afternoon looking particularly miserable.

• Like 4

Posted

Not a bad day overall, decent sunny breaks in between shortlived showers. Cool feeling.

Tomorrow - oh dear another write off day, had a few of these recently. Heavy persistant rain forecast and temps perhapd no higher than 10 degrees.

After weeks of very dry conditions, and low river levels, and reservoirs, what a difference a week or so makes. Fields are already waterlogged..

Can't say I'm enthused about the prospect of high pressure from the azores ridging into southern parts, all it will bring here is low cloud, and quite likely rain or drizzle.. needs to build northwards for something brighter. Also no sign of any frost, but may go quite low tomorrow. A late first frost this year on the cards.

• Like 7

Posted

Heavy rain here but got a nice soup on the go butternut squash carrot and chilli mmmmmm

• Like 3

Posted

Then for tea sausage and steak casserole and probably more rain 

• Like 5

Posted

Windy here too and wet, doesn't feel overly cold until you get in the wind.  9°C local station reading.  Had to close my windows, even though they were only just open on the ventilation notch.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

13.02 27 seconds. Shotgun strike

• Like 3

Posted

So, after a wet week, it looks like we're back in the dry.

image.thumb.png.ae3a64048b3a2f998662ff76bb6fa666.png

I don't think that's going to help reservoir levels one bit.

WWW.UNITEDUTILITIES.COM

Details about the levels of water in our main reservoirs - updated weekly

A local site shows 83mm last week, after just 17mm in the previous 5.

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Is this the new normal: a wet week followed by a month-long near-drought?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Apart from some rain this morning we haven't had a lot here today, with these NW winds it's been a typical Cheshire gap scenario with the bulk of the rain going into there. If this was Winter then those areas would have hit the jackpot with these streamers. It's mostly the wind which has been the issue this afternoon here.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Apart from some rain this morning we haven't had a lot here today, with these NW winds it's been a typical Cheshire gap scenario with the bulk of the rain going into there. If this was Winter then those areas would have hit the jackpot with these streamers. It's mostly the wind which has been the issue this afternoon here.

Same. A bit of rain yesterday evening and overnight but nothing compared to the rains last week and otherwise dry with occasional light showers. Roads were bone dry this afternoon for a day forecast to be heavy rain all day with a yellow warning for rain.

Windy though

• Like 5

Posted

A woeful day. Heavy incessant rain throughout no break and temps didn't break 10 degrees. Chilly night expected may go down to about 3 or 4 degrees.

Not enthused with outlook, alot of cloud on the horizon.. not bothered about high teen temps now. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wet and windy day here

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Heavy bursts of showery rain at times today and windy at times. Wind really howling outside now at times, strongest gusts of the day. A chilly night to come with a frost in places as winds drop and skies clear.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well I’m really not sure what the Met were going on about saying it would be a really cold night last night. It never was going to be with a 20–30 mph NWerly blowing. Minimum here was 11.7°C. Maybe it got cold in the Pennines but certainly not here.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
On 06/10/2021 at 08:26, Chris.R said:

Well I’m really not sure what the Met were going on about saying it would be a really cold night last night. It never was going to be with a 20–30 mph NWerly blowing. Minimum here was 11.7°C. Maybe it got cold in the Pennines but certainly not here.

I think the wind was supposed to ease up more? I was quite surprised to hear the wind gusting around early this morning given the forecast. I don't think we got any lower than around 10C further inland.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Got down to 4-5 degrees here last night.

lovely out today though.

• Like 5

Posted

Chilly start.. 5c…  out of the breeze in sun feels lovely and warm despite only being 14/15c 

stock pot on.. walk around manor park, fed the ducks… afternoon gardening… I’m guessing planes are lower coming into Manchester as they’re saving fuel ⛽️ 

• Like 3

Posted

Reached that point in the year when mild maxima - high teens as forecast for tomorrow, can be cancelled out if accompanied by low cloud and rain as also forecast with the added rapid light loss 6.30pm. Only when accompanied by dry sunny conditions should it be rejoiced. I'm less than enthused by upcoming prospects.. the dreaded SW flow never good for here. 

• Like 5