Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
On 18/09/2021 at 22:52, iand61 said:

After having a mild dose of Covid in late January I struggled with taste and smell issues for six months and although it’s got better over the last few weeks I’m certainly not back to normal and still have days when I feel awful.

In my case the after effects were worse than the illness itself but my wife who had Covid at the same time never had anything beyond a few groggy days after testing positive.

Yeah, long Covid is a real issue for some. Hopefully you return to normal soon. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Yeah, long Covid is a real issue for some. Hopefully you return to normal soon. 

Cheers, I’m pretty much over it now but the taste and smell issues which are often played down within the overall context of Covid are certainly not nice for those suffering them.

meanwhile back to the weather; for the first time in what seems like ages I woke up to the sound of rain falling this morning.

dry again at the moment and hopefully improving later but a poor start compared to yesterday.

• Like 6

Posted

Yes, I could hear the rain here earlier too, but didn't amount to much, now skies are mostly clearing. Some showers possible later, but I'll be surprised if they amount to much here, so another reasonable day in prospect. Monday and Tuesday also look fine and sunny, but will the tide finally turn with predominantly unsettled weather returning from Wednesday...?

• Like 5

Posted

Damp out heard rain falling earlier woke me from my slumber… blue skies to my west with sun making an appearance… having lazy Sunday after busy week… 

yesterday was lovely 24c on car thermometer… topped up tan at footy 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

What an improvement from first thing.

steady rain replaced by warm sunshine, the only downside being a sticky humid feel to things 

• Like 4

Posted

Rain first thing, which stopped before 8am to clear and give a fine sunny warm spell.  Its well clouded over now and looks like round two of showers.  Going to be overcast for a while,   cloud out west as far as the eye can see. 

Screenshot_2021-09-19-14-27-56.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
On 18/09/2021 at 09:30, Dexter said:

A glorious start to the day here, and today looks like turning out better than was expected yesterday in this part of the region. Unfortunately I'm confined to barracks as I tested positive for Covid last weekend, so can't get out and about to enjoy it. It's Just been like a bad cold for me with occasional chesty feeling, coughing and feeling lousy. Lost most of my taste and smell though.

Hope you are feeling better Buddy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
13 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I was a bit surprised to see some  rain this afternoon after a glorious morning, but did not amount to much and has cleared to a cloudless evening and nice sunset.

Could be a bit cool tonight. Clear skies and longer nights conductive to it now. No frost but well into single figures I'd have thought inland by sunrise. Had below zero uppers invaded with these slack clear conditions then the first light frosts would have happened. 

• Like 5

Posted

Just to get in the mood for winter 30cm of fresh snow high up in the Swiss Alps.

FB_IMG_1632077908978.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
On 19/09/2021 at 19:36, cheshire snow said:

Hope you are feeling better Buddy

Cheers, I'm on the mend now slowly. Thankfully was no worse than a bad cold at the peak and feeling less chesty now as well. 

• Like 4

Posted
On 19/09/2021 at 20:01, cheshire snow said:

Just to get in the mood for winter 30cm of fresh snow high up in the Swiss Alps.

FB_IMG_1632077908978.jpg

A beautiful sight! Got me in the mood for the white stuff again. Last winter was reasonable for this area in terms of snow. Nothing sensational depth wise, but a few reasonable falls and stuck around on the ground for a reasonable period. However, we didn't cash in on the Easterly like we'd hoped. Hoping for some decent arctic based North Westerlies with properly cold uppers this winter.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

A beautiful sight! Got me in the mood for the white stuff again. Last winter was reasonable for this area in terms of snow. Nothing sensational depth wise, but a few reasonable falls and stuck around on the ground for a reasonable period. However, we didn't cash in on the Easterly like we'd hoped. Hoping for some decent arctic based North Westerlies with properly cold uppers this winter.

Let's hope so lots of talk about a front-loaded winter 

• Like 6

Posted

Meantime across the Border in Austria 2000m asl 40cm has fallen today i am sure @carinthian will be on soon to give us an update 

FB_IMG_1632082183686.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
Just now, Kasim Awan said:

Winter will soon be upon us ❄

Hi Mate, wondered where you'd got to.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
12 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Meantime across the Border in Austria 2000m asl 40cm has fallen today i am sure @carinthian will be on soon to give us an update 

FB_IMG_1632082183686.jpg

Just got back from a couple of weeks in sunny Ibiza. Raining again this morning in Eastern Alps. Have seen pictures of the snow on the higher mountains, mostly in the region bordering Swiss Alps. Nice to see though. Cold here this morning , only 6 c in village, a bit of a shock from the 30c in the Balerics ! See the sunshine continues in the continental NW England !

C

C

• Like 6

Posted

Autumnal chill this morning but warming up in sunshine ☀️ 18-21c will feel nice 

yesterday was lovely but clouded up and felt chilly mid afternoon… had nice walk over the tops yesterday lunchtime 

nice to see first snows in Alps ❄️ ⛄️ 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 5

Posted
49 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Just got back from a couple of weeks in sunny Ibiza. Raining again this morning in Eastern Alps. Have seen pictures of the snow on the higher mountains, mostly in the region bordering Swiss Alps. Nice to see though. Cold here this morning , only 6 c in village, a bit of a shock from the 30c in the Balerics ! See the sunshine continues in the continental NW England !

C

C

Indeed another beautiful day here its meant to be turning unsettled later in the week with temperatures dipping slightly still around the 15c though compared with the 20c today 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Low of 5.1C here this morning nothing unusual but a sign that we're in getting into Autumn mode now.

• Like 6

Posted

Chilly morning probably down to about 5 or 6 degrees. Not unusual but given most nights this month have seen double digit lows, had some effect in making it feel autumnal at least. Still plenty of warmth about, sun has some heat still.. though wind is fresher today. Cant remember a longer period with no wind.. 

• Like 5

Posted

After a coolish start yet another great late summers day.

Hopefully it’s rinse and repeat again tomorrow and even Wednesday might offer mainly dry conditions but it’s likely going downhill after that.

even if this week turns out to be the end of Summer 2021 it’s not been a bad one, certainly in this part of the country and, given that I’ve still got a two week UK holiday in the first half of October, I’d hope that there’s still a bit more sun and warmth before we head into late autumn.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
22 hours ago, Kasim Awan said:

Summer hibernation will soon be over mate. How are you keeping?

Sorry mate, been so busy finding the garden amongst the canopy of nettles that I forgot to look at Net Weather.

I'm doing ok, the usual stuff is a PITA but other than that, cant complain lol.

Anyway, been a beautiful day and hopefully the garden will be in a better state as we enter Autumn proper.

• Like 3