Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Lol, we get earlier every year!

Glorious day here.

Ha Ha just an observation  

• Like 5

Posted

Can't remember the last time we've had such a long benign spell.. barely anything notable to talk about in ages.. 2021 as a whole here in the Lake District has been exceptional for lack of extreme weather. No major flooding, storms, significant heat or cold bar a few odd days here and there. For once the weather has taken a headline back seat.. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Half way through September and another warm sunny day.

2021 the summer that keeps on giving, the only problem being that it keeps on giving me the need to cut the grass so I know what my Friday early finish from work will be again

• Like 5

Posted

Oh well us 'westerners' have had it good recently with a sleep atlantic but looking at late next weeks charts suggests a chilly north westerly could have us wrapped up inside with the Bovril instead of outside on the decking with Iced-Tea. (not that i've ever had Iced-tea)

Edited by dodge
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
18 minutes ago, dodge said:

Oh well us 'westerners' have had it good recently with a sleep atlantic but looking at late next weeks charts suggests a chilly north westerly could have us wrapped up inside with the Bovril instead of outside on the decking with Iced-Tea. (not that i've ever had Iced-tea)

Same here although I don’t think I’ve ever had Bovril either

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
50 minutes ago, dodge said:

Reminds me of years ago watching the Latics at Boundary park and grabbing a hot Bovril. Good times. 

• Like 8

Posted

A sunny start and, apart from the chance of rain towards the coast, another lovely lovely late summers day in prospect.

it looks like a weekend of two halves though with heavy showers about on Sunday although the ground certainly needs some water.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A glorious start to the day here, and today looks like turning out better than was expected yesterday in this part of the region. Unfortunately I'm confined to barracks as I tested positive for Covid last weekend, so can't get out and about to enjoy it. It's Just been like a bad cold for me with occasional chesty feeling, coughing and feeling lousy. Lost most of my taste and smell though.

• Like 5

Posted
On 17/09/2021 at 16:16, dodge said:

Yes, we have done really well in this region. We'll pay for it though, because once the Atlantic wakes up, it will all be a distant memory!

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Dexter said:

A glorious start to the day here, and today looks like turning out better than was expected yesterday in this part of the region. Unfortunately I'm confined to barracks as I tested positive for Covid last weekend, so can't get out and about to enjoy it. It's Just been like a bad cold for me with occasional chesty feeling, coughing and feeling lousy. Lost most of my taste and smell though.

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully your on the right side of it now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Not the best of starts to Saturday. Rather damp a burst or two of light rain, shortlived. Low cloud shrouding the fells. The warm front looks like it will stick to Cumbria all day, not expecting much in the way of brightness. Still very mild though. This evening and overnight forecast to bring more persistant rain for a time, how much remains to be seen. It's been a very dry 4 weeks, could do with some heavy rain now, help to replenish the reservoirs and rivers.. 

Autumn looks like it is starting in the new week, bang on cue after the equinox.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted

Didn’t get around to cut the grass yesterday but thankfully it had dried out enough so all done now. Clear and sunny so far this morning but a bit of cloud has moved in now so it’s bright rather than sunny but pleasantly warm all the same.

• Like 3

Posted

Anyone in a line from St Annes across the region to Rochdale may catch a glimpse of the Red Arrows around 1pm as they head back to base in Lincolnshire after doing a fly past for the G7 conference at Chorley 

probably a bit to far north here but may see something.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

What a lovely holiday destination this looks...

Where is this you may ask?

E_RAnHLXMAYUr4t.thumb.jpeg.fd5acf3803aa3a8696665c76fdd8e065.jpeg

E--qVhhXEAAh7r8.thumb.jpeg.9b253d81cce64c993c902e3c3dc44c46.jpeg

Tropical Wirral.

• Like 6

Posted

Stunning day today got up to 20C. I feel we will suffer for this very soon. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Don’t know whether it’s because it feels like we’re squeezing the last drops out of summer but I do like sunny conditions in September and October.

I like the shadows and different colours that the slightly diluted sun makes, especially as evening approaches.

I also dislike wet weather so the more sunny days we get, the less rainy ones we have to put up with

• Like 6

Posted

Hmmm on the met office forecast we've gone from full on heavy rain tomorrow then downgraded to heavy showers and now just two light rain symbols. It's seems a real struggle to get some appreciable frontal rain. We'll see anyway it'll probably chuck it down tomorrow now I've said all this.  Shouldn't wish it really as our region normally gets more than our fair share compared to the rest of England as a whole but we do need some now for the depleted reservoirs. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Frost HoIIow said:

Hmmm on the met office forecast we've gone from full on heavy rain tomorrow then downgraded to heavy showers and now just two light rain symbols. It's seems a real struggle to get some appreciable frontal rain. Shouldn't wish it really as our region normally gets more than our fair share compared to the rest of England as a whole but we do need some now for the depleted reservoirs.

west is best again tomorrow! for me in the east though looks bad here,

so many times this has happened now, where west been dry, here wet, or west sunny and here north sea mist

• Like 3

Posted
On 18/09/2021 at 18:28, Frost HoIIow said:

Hmmm on the met office forecast we've gone from full on heavy rain tomorrow then downgraded to heavy showers and now just two light rain symbols. It's seems a real struggle to get some appreciable frontal rain. We'll see anyway it'll probably chuck it down tomorrow now I've said all this.  Shouldn't wish it really as our region normally gets more than our fair share compared to the rest of England as a whole but we do need some now for the depleted reservoirs. 

Yes, a complete change for tomorrow compared to the earlier forecast. Looks like the rain is moving through earlier, clearing during the morning to leave a reasonable afternoon for most tomorrow. It was looking like a bit of a wet and miserable weekend just a couple of days ago. We really have lucked out in parts of this region in terms of dry useable weather recently. 

• Like 3

Posted
On 18/09/2021 at 09:30, Dexter said:

Hope you're ok mate, the Mrs still can't taste a thing 9 months on.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 18/09/2021 at 16:55, Frost HoIIow said:

If it's blizzards for all I'll take it.

• Like 4

Posted
On 18/09/2021 at 21:45, Day 10 said:

Hope you're ok mate, the Mrs still can't taste a thing 9 months on.

Cheers, on the mend now slowly. It felt no worse than a really bad cold at worst. The taste and smell thing is weird. I can sense bitter, sweet etc, but everything just tastes really bland, no flavour. Not really that bunged up anymore, but cooked a chilli this evening and couldn't smell it at all. Can't smell coffee either.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Cheers, on the mend now slowly. It felt no worse than a really bad cold at worst. The taste and smell thing is weird. I can sense bitter, sweet etc, but everything just tastes really bland, no flavour. Not really that bunged up anymore, but cooked a chilli this evening and couldn't smell it at all. Can't smell coffee either.

After having a mild dose of Covid in late January I struggled with taste and smell issues for six months and although it’s got better over the last few weeks I’m certainly not back to normal and still have days when I feel awful.

In my case the after effects were worse than the illness itself but my wife who had Covid at the same time never had anything beyond a few groggy days after testing positive.

Edited by iand61
Spelling mistake
  • Like 4