Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

We have managed to dodge the showers again today. There was a muggy feel to things out there as others have mentioned too. Looking forward to some proper Autumnal weather now though.

• Like 4

Posted

Interesting early cold pool across the Eastern bloc with the Scandi high pulling the cold air west. 6 weeks down the line from this and it would look even tastier.

gfs-1-300.png?18image.thumb.png.3c9d0ca7d9798a27209516f74ce8403f.png

• Like 4

Posted

A rather drab start to the weekend here. Low cloud and spots and spots in the air. Hoping the cloud will break a bit as the day wears on. Feeling humid still current temp 18.1 degrees. However, we should see cleaner fresher air move through by tomorrow which will make for a more 'seasonal' feel to things than of late. 

It's not until the equinox normally the autumnal feeling sets in properly.. often find this time of year an inbetween season, doesn't know if its summer or autumn. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Certainly not North Wales although the view South West from today’s short stretch of the Pennine Way above Littleborough does often reach as far as Snowdonia.

to the north it’s a bit more straightforward, one of the chain or reservoirs along the ridge with Pendle Hill showing itself in the distance.

wasn’t out long but pretty much perfect walking conditions.

20BDF8BE-15B6-49DB-A72F-8D41CDB13492.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It looks like today’s forecasted rain has been “adjusted”

northwards to affect our region and spoil what could have otherwise been a usable days weather.

Would a similar system but with plenty of snow and cold air embedded have “corrected” northwards……unlikely.

never mind, just have to get my walk in sooner.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
7 hours ago, iand61 said:

It looks like today’s forecasted rain has been “adjusted”

northwards to affect our region and spoil what could have otherwise been a usable days weather.

Would a similar system but with plenty of snow and cold air embedded have “corrected” northwards……unlikely.

never mind, just have to get my walk in sooner.

Indeed so damm annoying never happens in winter as you say.Always manages to stall well south of the region in winter.

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 5

Posted
45 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Indeed so damm annoying never happens in winter as you say.Always manages to stall well south of the region in winter.

We dropped in lucky in the end with nothing more than a few drops of rain so far.

allowed me to sort a few outside jobs which looked like they would have to wait so can’t complain in the end although I made a damn good attempt at it early on

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

We dropped in lucky in the end with nothing more than a few drops of rain so far.

allowed me to sort a few outside jobs which looked like they would have to wait so can’t complain in the end although I made a damn good attempt at it early on

Managed to cut the grass here before the rain arrives later. Otherwise I might not get a chance until about Thursday because it does look a bit iffy weatherwise.

• Like 5

Posted

Keeps circling this one. 

Screenshot_20210912-214745.thumb.png.43819ed2138dd88c1bf2a487520258fa.png

This one too. Seems like they couldn't approach from the NE as normal for most arrivals.

Screenshot_20210912-215614.thumb.png.cdf260001614bb94f11532a3bf57239a.png

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Holding for quite a few circuits.

Possibly some runway checking before giving the green light to approach and land.

• Like 3

Posted

Pleased we are not in the winter months.. a snow maker moving through southern, central and eastern England, missing us completely! Alas a bit of rain first thing today but a mostly dry cloudy non-descript day ahead.. uninteresting September continues!!

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Pleased we are not in the winter months.. a snow maker moving through southern, central and eastern England, missing us completely! Alas a bit of rain first thing today but a mostly dry cloudy non-descript day ahead.. uninteresting September continues!!

Doing quite well today, looks soggy across the Midlands. 

Yellow warning for rain seems to have been a bit off for these parts.

• Like 4

Posted

Rained a bit… damp out…just ventured to Tesco… no lemonade or water again…

13c cloudy and chill… forecast was a bit out… netweather had me down for 1mm last night and so it’s seems it came true… another waste of a warning for here everything shifted south and east…

hopefully rest of this week useable outdoors weather with some sunshine and 19-21c

wood delivery ordered and log burner cleaned (have some large branches to saw up too) 

• Like 4

Posted

I might get to cut the grass in a day or Two. Everytime I have chance, the rain gets there first. 

• Like 4

Posted

It looks like we came off best with today’s weather.

been down in the Midlands with work and the drive from Birmingham to Nuneaton and then right back up the M1 and across the M62 was constant heavy rain and mist.

then like something out of Narnia, I went under the Pennine Way footbridge near junction 22 and it completely cleared and the ground was dry.
not often west is best to today certainly bucked the trend.

• Like 6

Posted
19 minutes ago, iand61 said:

It looks like we came off best with today’s weather.

been down in the Midlands with work and the drive from Birmingham to Nuneaton and then right back up the M1 and across the M62 was constant heavy rain and mist.

then like something out of Narnia, I went under the Pennine Way footbridge near junction 22 and it completely cleared and the ground was dry.
not often west is best to today certainly bucked the trend.

Ironically with climate change we may see this phenomenon more regularly if the gulf stream slows down and we get less westerly type weather. The east may end up wetter than here.

• Like 6

Posted

The jet looking a bit sluggish and broken as we near October just when you expect it to be nudging toward full throttle. Like Damianslaw says a few days back on another thread it's been acting odd for a while. Would be nice to see it like this a month further down the line. 

gfs-5-384.png?12

• Like 5

Posted

A bright autumnal morning. A pity that Mrs FLT and I could not have seen something similar on our short cruise from Southampton to Liverpool and back over the past four days. No sign of the sun and mainly cloudy and drab, although our day out - in Chester of all places on Sunday - was dry until we prepared to head back to Liverpool Docks and the boat home. Still we enjoyed ourselves with indoor activities and our journey back to Cheshire yesterday was uneventful if wet at times, and we must have missed the worst of the rain further east. Nice to be back cruising after an absence of 2-3 years in our case, and we're booked for the Round Britain cruise next May/June. Keeping our fingers crossed on this one!  

• Like 5

Posted

I feel the mower might be in action shortly. 

Gardens like a jungle. 

• Like 4

Posted
On 12/09/2021 at 21:49, Frost HoIIow said:

Keeps circling this one. 

Screenshot_20210912-214745.thumb.png.43819ed2138dd88c1bf2a487520258fa.png

This one too. Seems like they couldn't approach from the NE as normal for most arrivals.

Screenshot_20210912-215614.thumb.png.cdf260001614bb94f11532a3bf57239a.png

Just to follow up on this Manchester Airport was closed for an hour on Sunday due to a shortage of fire fighters flights were diverted to BHX and LGW until resources were deployed to the airport 

• Like 4

Posted

Well that proves things aren't anywhere near normal. I bet the guys have had to look elsewhere to do their jobs and now with the air industry ramping up a little,  the airport fire services are scratching for experienced fire fighters.

• Like 4

Posted
43 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Well that proves things aren't anywhere near normal. I bet the guys have had to look elsewhere to do their jobs and now with the air industry ramping up a little,  the airport fire services are scratching for experienced fire fighters.

I personally feel we are back to normal well the new normal I have no idea as to the reason for the shortage I would imagine illness its like any industry for example teaching take two teachers out of the equation for whatever reason then you are looking for relief teachers or the class simply does not run anyway onto the weather sunny intervals and feeling warm in the sun temperature at at a tad over 18c.

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 4