Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

Blackpool airport doing well on netweather chart at 29°C.  Manchester metar taf at 27°C.  Macc local weather station at 26°C.  Skies are turning milky making the sun hazy, so doubtful my local temp will go much higher, notable breeze too at the moment. Still, it's a stunning day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
41 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Which to believe.. outdoor temp sensor which says 23.4 degrees, or phone says 27 degrees. It doesn't feel 27 degrees.. mmm not sure..

Currently 27C in Keswick according to xcweather which isn't a million miles from you. I think that is an official met office station.

And 28C at Walney island which is usually a place to escape the heat. Crazy last couple of days. Currently 27.1C here where I am. Looks possible that we will beat yesterday's high. Still a couple of hours of diurnal heating to come.

Screenshot_20210908-144057.thumb.png.7dd23da1c6d54f1bc8bb09e79ffb2037.pngScreenshot_20210908-144304.thumb.png.740f634c1a3ce6eb20404d4bbb1fe9d1.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Reached 29.2c at 1415 now dropped to 28.6c a thin layer of cloud is now moving in so temperature has probably peaked shame did not quite reach 30c always next year I suppose.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Dropped mum and auntie off at Stockport training it back to Somerset… car said 23/24c in Stockport/Denton…

back home washing, cleaning… bifold doors open…sun is hot again… says 26c atm could we breach 30c?

making citrus lamb carnitas tonight hopefully sit out in garden for tea tonight…

then off to Abergele tomorrow for three days…weather might not be great but be nice to beside the seaside ? 

Lamb-Carnitas-4423.jpg
WWW.PINEAPPLEANDCOCONUT.COM

Lamb Carnitas Tacos served with tomatillo salsa and quick pickled red onions. A lamb version of classic pork carnitas.

Nice

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Currently 27C in Keswick according to xcweather which isn't a million miles from you. I think that is an official met office station.

And 28C at Walney island which is usually a place to escape the heat. Crazy last couple of days. Currently 27.1C here where I am. Looks possible that we will beat yesterday's high. Still a couple of hours of diurnal heating to come.

Screenshot_20210908-144057.thumb.png.7dd23da1c6d54f1bc8bb09e79ffb2037.pngScreenshot_20210908-144304.thumb.png.740f634c1a3ce6eb20404d4bbb1fe9d1.png

We do well in SE flows.. long land track.. bit if a mini fohn effect for Lake District. Conversely in winter such airstreams often produce very cold surface air conditions compared to elsewhere. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Been stuck inside work for most of today so don’t know how hot it felt outside but it was showing 28c on the car thermometer when I came home, pretty much on a par with yesterday.

September usually seems to deliver when it comes to decent weather, 1976 aside of course although when it arrived on that occasion people were pretty much dancing in the streets at the thought of some wet weather.

• Like 3

Posted

We tied yesterday's all time September record of 27.4C. Currently 25.7C now. Surely the last of summer heat? In October 2018 we did reach 21C here and close to that on a couple of other days so it might not be the end of any warmth yet. For proper heat like today it probably is. Should note it's bloody warm again indoors. Sheet on the bed tonight duvet off like last night.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Second evening running sat outside on the decking soaking up the heat and watching the world go by although tonight is being done without the added benefit of beer.

looking at the forecast I doubt tomorrow will be three days on the run though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Been awake since just after 4am due to the noise of the thunder  Hoping we get more later today (and hoping I can stay awake to enjoy it).  We were under quite an active line of activity earlier

• Like 4

Posted

Rain bypassed here too… maybe some later… here’s hoping it does as garden needs watering ☔️  ? ⚡️⛈ and top up water butts 

very warm humid overnight 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 3

Posted

Us too bar an overnight sprinkling on the ground. V grey and muggy and wouldn't be surprised if the rain comes down soon. We're heading south shortly to Southampton for a short cruise and are hoping to avoid the rain. I'll let you know how Mrs FLT and I get on when we're back next week! If you're in Liverpool on Sunday, give us a wave (QE) as, believe it or not, our cruise is to Liverpool with a day out at Chester. Talk about a busman's holiday!

• Like 3

Posted

Wow, we are in the MDT zone, what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I've not been on here for a while as I've been a bit distracted by a visit from Mr Covid to half our household over the past week or two. I've managed to avoid it myself thus far despite a week and half of exposure, but just waiting on the result of a PCR test to make sure.

Anyway, today looking very promising for convective activity after a couple of hot days and a decent chance of organisation of storms if they can get going. Overcast at the moment. I think we could do with this breaking up otherwise storms might be inhibited.

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

I've not been on here for a while as I've been a bit distracted by a visit from Mr Covid to half our household over the past week or two. I've managed to avoid it myself thus far despite a week and half of exposure, but just waiting on the result of a PCR test to make sure.

Anyway, today looking very promising for convective activity after a couple of hot days and a decent chance of organisation of storms if they can get going. Overcast at the moment. I think we could do with this breaking up otherwise storms might be inhibited.

Glad to here you dodged the bullet.  Amazingly, the other 5 members in our household managed to also keep clear of it to.

Ive been somewhat distracted due to school and university prep for my 12, 15 year olds, my stepson (derby Uni) and my wife who is doing a distance degree  for work.

• Like 3

Posted
On 09/09/2021 at 09:57, Had Worse said:

Glad to here you dodged the bullet.  Amazingly, the other 5 members in our household managed to also keep clear of it to.

Ive been somewhat distracted due to school and university prep for my 12, 15 year olds, my stepson (derby Uni) and my wife who is doing a distance degree  for work.

Yeah, some people must just be less susceptible, but the vaccine helps of course. It's been a hectic time here too. My youngest child has just started school but oldest child hasn't been able to go back to school yet due to having tested positive for Covid. My wife was also positive and was quite poorly, but getting better now slowly, although has low energy. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Yeah, some people must just be less susceptible, but the vaccine helps of course. It's been a hectic time here too. My youngest child has just started school but oldest child hasn't been able to go back to school yet due to having tested positive for Covid. My wife was also positive and was quite poorly, but getting better now slowly, although has low energy. 

Oh no I did wonder were you were hope all your family make a speedy recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
On 09/09/2021 at 10:09, cheshire snow said:

Oh no I did wonder were you were hope all your family make a speedy recovery.

Cheers mate, all getting better now slowly. 

• Like 3

Posted

Skies brightening here slowly and breaks beginning to occur between clouds. Sun breaking through.

• Like 3

Posted

I don't think we've had any rain at all here. Must be about 3 weeks without any.

• Like 3