Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Good drying day for washing. 

Looks to be cooling down though over the weekend. 

• Like 6

Posted

Clear blue skies here. Not a jot of cloud. More of a breeze than yesterday and despite the full sun it is cooler. The cold front has introduced colder uppers. Superb weather for anything outdoors in the Lakes today. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted

Beautiful day here Macclesfield at 19°C.  It feels warmer, best day of the week here so far.  Blackpool airport has sneaked into todays netweather top temps chart at 21°C , at the moment.  Lovely day for fish and chips by the sea.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
7 hours ago, Had Worse said:
fr24_logo_twitter.png
WWW.FLIGHTRADAR24.COM

View flight on Flightradar24

These are rarer than hens teeth.

Ac is at least 51 years old

image.thumb.png.e0813a46519e7104fd827ec1c13948c8.png 

Update... Just approaching Qatar

Al Udeid Air Base

XJD/OTBH

from Prestwick. N782SP was the aircraft. a 53 year old DC8-72 Wow

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Great day today max of 18C but with more sun than the previous few days so has felt warmer than that, the west of the region doing best though it seems Liverpool and Blackpool both currently at 22C. Often the case with an easterly that the coast is warmer than inland.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
9 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Great day today max of 18C but with more sun than the previous few days so has felt warmer than that, the west of the region doing best though it seems Liverpool and Blackpool both currently at 22C. Often the case with an easterly that the coast is warmer than inland.

Yes its been a cracking day unbroken sunshine and a high of 22c

• Like 6

Posted

Interesting blocking later on the GFS. If only it was Winter. alas it will only be September. No doubt by November the purple vortex will be parked to our north or nw scuppering any chance of the white stuff only for it to loosen it's grip in late March when it's too late. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
23 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Interesting blocking later on the GFS. If only it was Winter. alas it will only be September. No doubt by November the purple vortex will be parked to our north or nw scuppering any chance of the white stuff only for it to loosen it's grip in late March when it's too late. 

now that I agree with! PV weakens by March so Atlantic gets weaker

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Lovely day today, mostly sunny and despite the temperature being cooler with a max of 17.6°C it actually felt warmer, as the skies were clearer and the sun felt stronger, that cold front must’ve cleared up the hazy skies that have been around for the last few days that we often see when the wind is in the east. 

Looking at the charts high pressure is set to rule the roost for at least the next week, nothing very warm or hot but it will be very dry and should (hopefully) be mostly sunny too. BBC Weather app forecasting a lot of cloud next week, but I think they’re being too pessimistic, I do not usually suffer from north west clag here as I am protected by the Pennines to the east.

I have a feeling we’re going to get a good September like last year, hopefully we get a lot of days like today, dry, mostly sunny and 17/18°C would suit me fine.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 6

Posted

Another busy busy day… shattered… lovely mostly sunny ☀️ day 22c…. Looking forward to going to Somerset… hope I can see my sister she’s taken pcr test as has symptoms… double jabbed… her husband tested +ve two weeks ago… she tested negative then… 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lovely day today, mostly sunny and despite the temperature being cooler with a max of 17.6°C it actually felt warmer, as the skies were clearer and the sun felt stronger, that cold front must’ve cleared up the hazy skies that have been around for the last few days that we often see when the wind is in the east. 

Looking at the charts high pressure is set to rule the roost for at least the next week, nothing very warm or hot but it will be very dry and should (hopefully) be mostly sunny too. BBC Weather app forecasting a lot of cloud next week, but I think they’re being too pessimistic, I do not usually suffer from north west clag here as I am protected by the Pennines to the east.

I have a feeling we’re going to get a good September like last year, hopefully we get a lot of days like today, dry, mostly sunny and 17/18°C would suit me fine.

That’d do me sunny ☀️ dry 17-20c… maybe overnight showers ☀️☀️☀️

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Another busy busy day… shattered… lovely mostly sunny ☀️ day 22c…. Looking forward to going to Somerset… hope I can see my sister she’s taken pcr test as has symptoms… double jabbed… her husband tested +ve two weeks ago… she tested negative then… 

Hopefully she is negative again and you get to spend some time with her, where about in Somerset are you off to?

• Like 3

Posted

Another very good late summer's day. Bits of high level cloud but mostly sunny, slight breeze about. Cooler than recent days though after quite a chilly start. Tonight expected to be fairly chilly as well.

Tomorrow promises to be warmer with plenty of sunshine. We've had a run of poor or relatively poor weekends, this one will buck the trend.

• Like 5

Posted
21 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Hopefully she is negative again and you get to spend some time with her, where about in Somerset are you off to?

Cheers thankfully tested negative Taunton and south of… in Ilminster…

hopefully get to Lyme Regis or Seaton or somewhere at some point… 

booked to go to north Wales ??????? in mid September for a few days too… 

bit dull here today but blitzed kitchen and lounge after doing upstairs yesterday… all pristine for family visiting

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted

Practically no sun here all day with this North Sea gloom. Looks like western parts of the region escaped it. Looking better here tomorrow, well hopefully!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Practically no sun here all day with this North Sea gloom. Looks like western parts of the region escaped it. Looking better here tomorrow, well hopefully!

Aye probably the poorest of this weeks working days but still better than a lot of the days in the first half of August.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

4 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Another very good late summer's day. Bits of high level cloud but mostly sunny, slight breeze about. Cooler than recent days though after quite a chilly start. Tonight expected to be fairly chilly as well.

Tomorrow promises to be warmer with plenty of sunshine. We've had a run of poor or relatively poor weekends, this one will buck the trend.

Mostly Cloudy here too. I remember the same thing happening last year, easterly/NE, we got cloud and hill fog and mid teens temps, while Damianslaw got sunshine and warmth. But it's horses for courses as we tend to do better in a SW flow compared to the Lakes. 

But still a reasonable day. High around 16C, was warm enough in a hoodie and shorts. Still better than an unsettled westerly. Tommorow looks warmer and sunnier, 20C forecast.

• Like 3

Posted

It's lovely this morning.  Cool start at 5.50, 8°C.  Suns now shining bright with bits of fair weather cloud dotted about, current temp 14°C, this feels much warmer in the Sun.  A good fine August day for what ever you have planned, enjoy.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of usable weather on offer this weekend whether at work or play and the local farmers are making the most of it again.

for me it was a brisk walk along my local section of the Irwell Valley Way with dry conditions underfoot and views like this.

what’s not to like.

B6020CE4-0AD4-4E70-9905-75A5FABCC1E5.jpeg

8A8ABBB6-E0A2-4C49-899E-9501A7CD0385.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Programme on tonight, if you have not already seen it.  4seven at 9pm.  Summer of Wild Weather, 'Summer 2021 has seen record-breaking temperatures, wildfires, torrential rain and fatal floods.  What is causing such extreme weather?..........' Missed it during the week.

• Like 6

Posted
25 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Programme on tonight, if you have not already seen it.  4seven at 9pm.  Summer of Wild Weather, 'Summer 2021 has seen record-breaking temperatures, wildfires, torrential rain and fatal floods.  What is causing such extreme weather?..........' Missed it during the week.

Tom Jones at Haydock Park for me at 9pm.

not record breaking heat but possibly record breaking age

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Tom Jones at Haydock Park for me at 9pm.

not record breaking heat but possibly record breaking age

Wow, how old is he now?  Should be Tom Jones at Jurassic Park, not Haydock Park, LOL.  I shouldn't mock, he has far more energy than I, you'll have a great night.

• Like 2