Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A day for the Regatta summer (???) rain jacket im afraid  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I don't think there's enough expletives to describe today with this incessant drizzly rain and I think I was the only person still wearing shorts whilst in Oldham town centre today haha. I just don't like wearing trousers until October I get too warm. Plenty of people in winter coats today. Not surprising really.

Nowt worse than wet but warm conditions, leave the jacket at home and you get wet, wear it and you get wet.

a different kind of wet but uncomfortable all the same.

at least in most winter conditions, a good jacket will keep you dry without sweat doing it’s best of soaking you from the inside.

• Like 4

Posted

A reasonable day. Rather cloudy morning but brightened through the afternoon, from 5 onwards very pleasant indeed plenty of sunshine. Temperatures below par. Great outdoor activity weather. 

Turning into a very benign non-descript August.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all.

Anyone like drizzle?  There's plenty to go around. 

Another naff day.

• Like 3

Posted

It's not the best is it, for just past the middle of August.  I don't want a near 30c with uncomfortable sleeping nights like that week in July but a fresh 22c with sunny spells wouldn't go amiss.  Oh well at least flooding isn't in the news like some August memories of recent years.  Hope I haven't tempted fate there.  There are a few tropical storms predicted to turn off the US Eastern Seaboard heading into the Atlantic.  Let's hope they stay away from Blighty.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Just like yesterday it's not got any higher than 15C here today and yet more persistent drizzly rain. On the radar it doesn't look much but it's that fine stuff that can soak through you if you've not got any waterproofs on.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

What a depressing August murkfest.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Yes cool, windy dull and damp. It's like a summer in Shetland. Don't think I've seen a glimpse of sun in two whole days, we might get some tomorrow...... and if we are lucky the weather gods might give us 5 mins of it. 

• Like 5

Posted
14 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes cool, windy dull and damp. It's like a summer in Shetland. Don't think I've seen a glimpse of sun in two whole days, we might get some tomorrow...... and if we are lucky the weather gods might give us 5 mins of it. 

Aye it looks like I’ll need to book this lot again if things don’t dry up by weekend

0CA46DBF-E765-4FD6-8622-7DCF213DD4C0.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Ah, it's still August; I thought I'd overslept by 2 months, and it's October.......

• Like 5

Posted

A dull fest day.. turning into another very dull August. Patchy light drizzle at times. Very uninspiring. Temps again below par.. very flat light. Indeed August is the worse month in this respect.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted
7 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

At least this chap is happy with the drizzle.  Couldn't get over how huge he was.

20210818_085117.jpg

Just needs a saddle on it and you could ride it.

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Just needs a saddle on it and you could ride it.

It was huge, never before have I felt compelled to go out in the rain and photo a slug.

• Like 4

Posted

Yes can't seem to go a day without some form of rain spoiling the day.  Light drizzle yesterday and now after a decent start compared to previous days a band of more persistent drizzle/rain is setting up camp in the region.  Light levels poor, really does remind me of late October/early Nov.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Not been on here for awhile, but so far I'd rate this August as poor to medicore at best. It's been nice when the suns been out, not too hot, but there's been far too many dull overcast damp days in the mid teens. Like today. Had to put the fire on this morning as the house has lost it's residual heat due to the lack of daytime warmth, even though the nights have been relatively mild. Apart from Monday, the past week has been a drizzle fest here, overcast every day and 15-17C.

After a decent June and July it looks like August has let the side down yet again

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 5

Posted

A chink of brightness earlier today but that soon got shoved on by cloud and more drizzly rain. Not looking too clever over the weekend but early next week at this stage looking decent low 20s and more sun.

• Like 4

Posted

The chill has gone from the wind now, it feels much milder, drizzling again here but looks brighter out to the far NW of me.  Threat of thunder for the midlands on Sunday, great if it nudges north and some of the region gets a taste.  Aye up, the sun is shining as I type.

Screenshot_2021-08-19-17-50-35.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

Brightened up a bit in the last couple of hours but overall another depressing days weather.

TBH I wouldn’t have been happy with the conditions over the last three days if it had been mid winter, never mind Summer.

as others have said, a hint of something better into next week and possibly out towards the BHW but in the meantime it’s odds on another mediocre if not wash out weekend first.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Having a look at the weather models certainly signs of improvement once we get rid of the LP which looks like bringing a wet Saturday with sunshine and showers looking likely on Sunday showers look like becoming more isolated through Sunday as HP settles in cutting of the showers looking good into next week (no Heatwave)but temperatures into the low 20s with sunshine should feel very pleasant im sure most will be happy with the improvement.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
37 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Lots of words beginning with 'D' to describe today, 'dismal, drab, dank, dull, dreary, drizzly', depressing!

NW area best placed next week, be a bit like May up there, sheltered from filth by Pennines, where as I'll be stuck under mist/muck at 15 degrees

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

NW area best placed next week, be a bit like May up there, sheltered from filth by Pennines, where as I'll be stuck under mist/muck at 15 degrees

Perhaps we will see the often dry pleasant spell that happens early September, a week earlier this year.. hopefully so, salvage a poor August and give those on holiday something to rejoice in ending what will go down as a frustrating summer, good sunny warm spells snatched away quickly by drab periods.. but no washout here at least. Indeed very tame..

• Like 5