Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

Rain ☔️ recently the sun made an appearance and made 17c ??

One of the City  players is called Endozie is his first name fandab? Fandabidozi

radar lookslike precipitation breaking up again as it comes inland 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
27 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Rain ☔️ recently the sun made an appearance and made 17c ??

One of the City  players is called Endozie is his first name fandab? Fandabidozi

radar lookslike precipitation breaking up again as it comes inland 

Dave Dee, Endozie, Beaky, Mick & Tich

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Some serious heat building over Spain later on the GFS run. Hopefully no more fires in the Mediterranean basin but I don't think the worst is behind them just yet.

gfs-1-198.png?12

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Some serious heat building over Spain later on the GFS run. Hopefully no more fires in the Mediterranean basin but I don't think the worst is behind them.

gfs-1-198.png?12

I don't think there has been a single plume this year so far. April and May were not conductive and the summer pattern hasn't been so far, more anticyclonic to the NW. 

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I don't think there has been a single plume this year so far. April and May were not conductive and the summer pattern hasn't been so far, more anticyclonic to the NW. 

Come to think of it, I can't recall seeing a good display of altocumulus castellanus this year. There were a few lovely sunrise and sunset ones last year 

• Like 5

Posted

The view from the Thai Wok. Rain and more rain.

20210807_195453.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

20210807_195453.jpg

Yep ☀️ made an appearance briefly now rain rain rain again ☔️ back to 13c lovely 

• Like 3

Posted

A pretty awful day and a wretched evening due to the rain. Just clocked up 32mm for the day here. Very poor for early August. Even tomorrow looks worse than expected. Not a good weekend. 

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, PennineMark said:

A pretty awful day and a wretched evening due to the rain. Just clocked up 32mm for the day here. Very poor for early August. Even tomorrow looks worse than expected. Not a good weekend. 

Make that 40mm just before midnight. A very wet day considering the showery nature of the rain. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
19 minutes ago, PennineMark said:

Make that 40mm just before midnight. A very wet day considering the showery nature of the rain. 

The equivalent of 40mm of rain in snow depth in the middle of January and we’d be telling the grand kids about it.

An absolutely vile days weather

role on winter for some southerly tracking lows and sunshine for the northwest

• Like 6

Posted

I think it must be double that here.

Trailer cover is weighed down by water which was empty last night before I went to bed. I estimate 35 litres has been caught in a 5ft x 3.5ft rectangle. More on the way.

• Like 5

Posted

Heavy showers so far this morning eased off a bit now off to the match later so hopefully not to wet

• Like 3

Posted

Hard to see a break in the train of showers at the moment, they seem to gather momentum as they roll in off the Irish sea.  This is a setup which would deliver quite appreciable falls of snow in the hilly areas to the east of the region in winter if the temps/dps were low enough.  Sadly it's just heavy rain, and at a time of the year we don't really want it.

• Like 5

Posted

Seem to be in a clear window at present with the showers, not much activity this morning, just luck we've dodged them (so far). Unlike yesterday when we had a solid 6 hr persistant spell of rain with barely any break between half 9 and half 3 - very poor indeed, and it was chilly with it.

• Like 5

Posted

Heavy rain overnight/this morning… heavyish showers early afternoon… more drizzly now… managed walk to post box and feed ducks at Howard Park before getting drenched over the tops over Cemetery Road… I’m guessing 75-100mm over last three days… pot plants outside floating again this morning… hopefully drier sunnier week ahead… made plans for friends to pop over Friday for Paella on fire pit weather plays ball 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Oh dear. Overcast, wet, windy and currently 14°C. Since Wednesday it's been really poor, barely stopped raining, temps 14-18" assume the rest of the region has been the same. Yesterday was particularly bad, max of just 16.3°C and 25 mm (1 inch of rain)!

Looks like we'll get a couple of warmer, sunnier days next week before back to the cloud and rain again. Looks like summer is over. Oh well, it's August, it's the summer holidays, tbh I expected it to go down the pan. At least we had a decent June and July this year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
22 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Some serious heat building over Spain later on the GFS run. Hopefully no more fires in the Mediterranean basin but I don't think the worst is behind them just yet.

gfs-1-198.png?12

It's very difficult to get in that what I call "goldilocks zone" of weather where it's dry, mainly sunny and 20-25°C. In Northern England and Scotland it is raining and 10-15°C, southern England a bit drier and warmer at 15-20°C, but go a few hundred miles south into Spain and your already into the hairdryer. France probably ideal for weather and temps at the moment.

21 hours ago, Had Worse said:

20210807_195453.jpg

Yep. Typical British weather. That said I've noticed our summers are getting wetter in recent years. Especially in August. The only dry summer since 2014 has been 2018 in our region and as for decent Augusts, I can't remember the last one. It's always either just mediocre or abysmal. I'm sure Weather History can confirm just how wet recent summers and Augusts have been. I bet this August will finish up in the top 20 wettest.

• Like 4

Posted

Anyone work out this Met Office text forecast?

Monday:

Heavy showers are present throughout the morning. These will then ease during the afternoon becoming widespread and patchy. Some showers will remain overnight around Liverpool. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

• Like 4

Posted
33 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Anyone work out this Met Office text forecast?

Monday:

Heavy showers are present throughout the morning. These will then ease during the afternoon becoming widespread and patchy. Some showers will remain overnight around Liverpool. Maximum temperature 20 °C.

Confused .com ☀️☔☀️☔

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Thankfully an improving outlook as we head through the week no Heatwave in the forecast but certainly turning dryer and with temperatures in the low 20s should certainly feel pleasant in any sunshine at least get some gardening done without getting a drenching 

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

45C for the likes of Cordoba and Seville next weekend. It's so hot it's not even red it's purple/lilac.

144-580SP.GIF?08-12

• Like 5