Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
14 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

23c outside at gone midnight. Horrendous.

Its currently warmer here than the Spanish Islands on the plus side the CFS charts will soon be in range for winter

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
23 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Its currently warmer here than the Spanish Islands on the plus side the CFS charts will soon be in range for winter

C.S

glbz700MonInd6.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Well last night was absolutely horrendous for sleeping, even worse than the night before, incredibly stifling, constantly waking up in a pool of sweat. The chances of squeezing a thundery breakdown out of this heatwave look rather slim, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not that bothered right now. I'm just looking forward to some cooler nights and better sleep, which will be a blessed relief!

• Like 6

Posted

Strangely my most uncomfortable night sleeping was Tuesday night, not sure why that was but maybe I got used to it as the week wore on.  Stayed bone dry last night, as devilish clusters avoided the valley of sin, and slid down my west (Gtr Mcr) & east (Peak District) flanks.  As usual will have to wait till that wind switches NWest to get copious amounts of rain here, not really looking forward to that.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

Well last night was absolutely horrendous for sleeping, even worse than the night before, incredibly stifling, constantly waking up in a pool of sweat. The chances of squeezing a thundery breakdown out of this heatwave look rather slim, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not that bothered right now. I'm just looking forward to some cooler nights and better sleep, which will be a blessed relief!

It was terrible last night, I was dripping wet.

I think the thundery breakdown chance  has gone for us and it looks pretty dry at least to Tuesday now.  

GFSOPUK00_102_18.png

• Like 3

Posted
11 hours ago, Had Worse said:

I noticed all those sirens too. Was that up the snake?

WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

The operation was launched last night

Sadly was due to missing person at Torside reservoir 

• Like 1

Posted

Oh my what happened to the "supposed" breakdown on Saturday. Just looks like a continuation of the warm and humid weather to Monday now..

• Like 3

Posted

More clouds around today compared to the same time yesterday so maximum temperatures will likely be pegged back a few degrees today compared to yesterday. Outside chance of a thundery shower for Western parts of the region later, though more than likely another dry day here.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 4

Posted
60fab3ba170f8.jpeg
WWW.QUESTMEDIANETWORK.CO.UK

Police have confirmed that the body of a man has been recovered from Torside Reservoir near Tintwistle.

So sad and happening so much recently 

• Thanks 1

Posted

I've finally got my PC back after a 10 day wait for repairs  been looking at the storm-chat on here yet frustratingly not being able to pitch-in but luckily i've still got the laptop for RADAR watching and been on some mini-chases over the past few days, with the highlight being yesterday afternoon where 4 visible cells passed close-by enough Tideswell for a intercept in the car, followed by the Microburst event in Manchester as seen from Sponds Moor.

DSC_0348.thumb.JPG.7b7ea564e157a61e3839446cf15d046c.JPGDSC_0439.thumb.JPG.6f0c4a155422b84ce0217fcfedf9f5c4.JPGDSC_0457.thumb.JPG.bfae585c7b971011a2371fffb4e8f432.JPG

DSC_0469.thumb.JPG.23732e44d017c13d8fddf1a433280fc3.JPGDSC_0473.thumb.JPG.ac4b0ad186fff7c865b34f12ad7eba9b.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

XAt Whitlington broad NR14 8TR

19 degrees and cloudy.  Quite comfortable the odd spot of rain aswell. 

20210723_143807.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, Frigid said:

Oh my what happened to the "supposed" breakdown on Saturday. Just looks like a continuation of the warm and humid weather to Monday now..

It's still forecast to be low 20's rather than mid-upper 20's so that's cool enough for me. But dissapointing if we don't see a proper storm. 

Currently 21.3C, 64% humidity, sunny intervals, nice breeze, lovely day. ?️ Still 25C in the bedroom though, always takes a while to cool down indoors.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Feels much fresher today currently 20C. Had some North sea cloud move over the hills this morning and it made it to here but this cleared a couple of hours ago. Although as I look east I can still see it on the hill tops.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just cut the grass (can’t really be described as a lawn) and didn’t realise how brown it has gone with the sun and heat over the last week or so; it’s probably as dried out as I have ever seen it in 25 years living in the house.

that said I’m happy the rain looks like staying well south of here with a continuation of the dry, albeit cooler weather lasting over the weekend.p and into next week.

I’d sooner spend 30 minutes with the hose pipe than after 5 horrendously hot days spent working inside, end up with two days of rain on my days off.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
8 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Just cut the grass (can’t really be described as a lawn) and didn’t realise how brown it has gone with the sun and heat over the last week or so; it’s probably as dried out as I have ever seen it in 25 years living in the house.

that said I’m happy the rain looks like staying well south of here with a continuation of the dry, albeit cooler weather lasting over the weekend.p and into next week.

I’d sooner spend 30 minutes with the hose pipe than after 5 horrendously hot days spent working inside, end up with two days of rain on my days off.

Me too, I was pleased to see that we will probably get a sunny warm weekend after the earlier forecasts.Very hot again here today.

Edited by Spurry
  • Like 3

Posted

Another dry warm sunny day here. Not as hot as the past few days. No rain in the forecast for here until at least Tuesday/Wednesday, looking like a pleasant weekend too. Enjoy 

• Like 4

Posted

Not the big cooldown as forecast damn , at least no horrific heat forecast going forward from here but I suspect Saturday will still be very warm , its now outstayed its welcome ,  still cant cool the house down ,

at least next week looks better to rid the house of this disgusting heat    

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Dexter said:

same here , but its more  of a  slow painful process that a sudden cool off   

Edited by IanR
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Taking this with a pinch of salt.

Screenshot_20210723-181532_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-181549_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Quite the contrast to yesterday evening. Temp same time yesterday must have been 30c or so. Right now I've a reading of 18.7c and a fairly fresh easterly. Today's not been as good as forecast. Still got the bbq going and tonight's sleep will be a far more pleasant experience. 

• Like 5

Posted

Clouded in here a couple of hours ago and now pretty much a full cover of fairly thick cloud and a reasonable breeze. A cooler night in prospect thankfully. Now trying to evacuate as much heat from the house as possible.

• Like 5