Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
7 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

32.4C

Looks more and more likely a non thundery cool down. Not sure our area is going to see that much rain over the weekend. 

Yeah, was looking at the GFS and there’s not much rain on offer until well into next week. 

Can’t believe we’ve had to endure this heat and we won’t even get a storm out of it!

• Like 6

Posted
12 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Yeah, was looking at the GFS and there’s not much rain on offer until well into next week. 

Can’t believe we’ve had to endure this heat and we won’t even get a storm out of it!

Its the equivalent of non snowy breakdown to a cold spell. 

To be honest, I can't remember many lengthy hot spells ending with a thundery breakdown. 

August 1995 didn't have thundery breakdowns to hot spells. There was heat generated storms but no actual thundery breakdown.

32.7C now

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 6

Posted
22 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Not sure about your area but feels like we have reverted back to the 2010s with a lack of thunder after last year. I can't see much thunder prospects on the horizon for the next week. 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Not sure about your area but feels like we have reverted back to the 2010s with a lack of thunder after last year. I can't see much thunder prospects on the horizon for the next week. 

Yeah, been a dire season for storms here. I had been hopeful after last year (as stormy years seem to cluster), but it has been woeful.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
37 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

29.C here (allegedly) in South Lakeland, could even be a degree or two higher. It has been consistently like this the last few days. Night times generally sit around 16.C although I am starting to get used to it, it is not pleasant.

The best time to be outside is sunset when the temperature drops significantly in a couple of hours.

A thundery cell appeared just north of me (around Thirlmere?) and headed in a south-easterly direction, giving thunder, lightning and heavy rain. However, it missed most populated areas in Lakeland and proceeded towards the Yorkshire dales. It did 'clip' us however, giving a minute or two of light rain in gloriously hot, sunny weather which was rather surreal.

A welcome return to 'normality' (for some) for the region next week, with cloud, showers and  daytime temps maxing in the early 20's and cooler nighttime temperatures.

Yeah talking to most people the vast majority don't like high 20s/low 30s temperatures. It's just physically draining. Average temperatures of 20/21C is just perfect in my opinion. Can get things done without having to shower twice a day through sweating.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Woozers 31.9c recorded here in South Cheshire 

C.S

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

32.4C

Looks more and more likely a non thundery cool down. Not sure our area is going to see that much rain over the weekend. 

Won't be happy if we don't get a storm after all this heat!

47 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Its the equivalent of non snowy breakdown to a cold spell. 

To be honest, I can't remember many lengthy hot spells ending with a thundery breakdown. 

August 1995 didn't have thundery breakdowns to hot spells. There was heat generated storms but no actual thundery breakdown.

32.7C now

Yeah, It's usually plumes that end with a thundery breakdown - I remember the plumes in July 2015, July 2016 and July 2019 all had a thundery breakdown, but in Summer 2018, after weeks and weeks of high pressure and hot sunny weather, we got very little.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Cheshire always seems to the highest temperatures in our region , esspecially during a heatwave. By the coast and over here near the Pennines it's nearly always less extreme. I'm just glad its not got into the 30's here.

Here are my recorded temps for comparison:

Saturday: 28.5C

Sunday: 26C

Monday: 26C

Tuesday: 26C

Wednesday: 27C

Today: 27C (currently)

Still hot for me!  I much prefer a sunny 20C rather than this level of heat.

Our temps have been on a par. Not as hot last Saturday mind reached 25 degrees. Yesterday hotter though at 28 degrees.  Current temp 27.2 degrees same, we might hit 29 degrees but 30 degrees probably out of the question. Our hottest temp seems to be happening between 5 and 6pm very late...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
19 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Woozers 31.9c recorded here in South Cheshire 

C.S

32.6c its getting hotter when its meant to be starting to cool down slightly 

C.S

• Like 5

Posted

I thought with a reading of 27c at 11am this morning we would smash through the 30c barrier in Oldham today, but it's stuck at 29c.  Although I'm only going off what the apps say so it could be 29.9c and not rounded up.  As usual the beefy angry showers popping up on the eastern side of the Pennines.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Got a good view of the cumulonimbus clouds drifting South over the Peaks from my vantage point. Wishing I was under them right now to provide some relief from the heat. Absolutely sweltering here.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
13 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Our temps have been on a par. Not as hot last Saturday mind reached 25 degrees. Yesterday hotter though at 28 degrees.  Current temp 27.2 degrees same, we might hit 29 degrees but 30 degrees probably out of the question. Our hottest temp seems to be happening between 5 and 6pm very late...

Yes I've noticed that too, and with previous hot spells, the highest temp nearly always occurs between 5 and 6 round here, whereas coastal areas tend to level off more quickly earlier in the day. Currently 27.4C, with 44% humidity. Still another hour or so of warming to go, so might scrape 28 today.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

32c here, 31c (Official) at Hawarden, 30c (Official) at Manchester Airport & Rostherne (Official) in the last hour. Northern Ireland have just beaten their heat record once again at 31.4c in Armagh. Line of storms ⛈ picking up over the Peaks. Bakewell and places nearby seem to have copped them. 

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, Joe Snow said:

32c here, 31c (Official) at Hawarden, 30c (Official) at Manchester Airport & Rostherne (Official) in the last hour. Northern Ireland have just beaten their heat record once again at 31.4c in Armagh. Line of storms ⛈ picking up over the Peaks. Bakewell and places nearby seem to have copped them. 

Be nice if one developed over us for a change eh

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

33C breached. Tooooo hot. 

• Like 5

Posted

This is the top of the cell south of Leek, watched it grow and anvil out.  If only it was night time,  prime spot to see a few sferics from it.

20210722_170309.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Looks like we might escape the wet weather at the weekend,hope so I would be happy for it to stay mostly sunny and 22c

• Like 2

Posted

Max got to 29.4C up here,  Now 27.3C.

Sweaty and sultry and another day with lots of clegs hunting for blood in the garden and fields.  Tried to keep all flesh covered up but got bites on wrists. .  A very light breeze stirring now.

• Like 3

Posted

I can make out cumulus trying to tower once again on the N horizon beyond the haze.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I can make out cumulus trying to tower once again on the N horizon beyond the haze.

Thunder reported in Stoke so you never know ⛈ will keep a track on the radar. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Yes Crewe, spotted that too, accumulated quite quickly, NW and NE,  it's  bucking my hopes up.  

• Like 4