Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
Just now, CreweCold said:

Can't wait...not

The humidity seems high with this spell and it's zapping all energy from me.

Think 29-31c maybe closer to the mark but we’ll see. We’ll be hotter than the SE potentially tomorrow not nice at all with feels like temperatures close to 33-34c  thankfully much fresher but remaining warmish into the weekend/ early next week though  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, Joe Snow said:

Think 29-31c maybe closer to the mark but we’ll see. We’ll be hotter than the SE potentially tomorrow not nice at all with feels like temperatures close to 33-34c  thankfully much fresher but remaining warmish into the weekend/ early next week though  

Touch and go as to whether we see much rain over the weekend here. Think we'll be too far away from the main instability to see any storms unfortunately. Looking forward to it feeling fresher though for sure.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Still limping along

20210721_215508.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Smallest blob of heavy shower is stuck in the middle of Bury-Rochdale-Royton & Middleton and going nowhere fast. No lightning showing on radar but some surfaces in that 3 mile radius might be getting a jet rinse just now...it's about 5 miles to my North West.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, dodge said:

Smallest blob of heavy shower is stuck in the middle of Bury-Rochdale-Royton & Middleton and going nowhere fast. No lightning showing on radar but some surfaces in that 3 mile radius might be getting a jet rinse just now...it's about 5 miles to my North West.

Yep. It will die shortly 

Posted

Salmon coloured moon tonight 

20210721_221012.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Despite being cloudy all day, it’s also been the warmest from this heatwave. Currenly 25c at half 10 which I blame to the overcast skies. With HP slap bang onto the UK, you’d expect nights around 12-15. much more comfortable than the wretched high teens. Though last August it was worse. 

• Like 3

Posted

A couple of degrees warmer than this time yesterday, current temp 21.9 degrees outside, 24.7 degrees inside! Sultry.

Tomorrow looks the peak of the heat, we might nudge close to 30 degrees. I agree it is beginning to sap energy and affect sleep.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Very warm here too, though not as warm as in Manchester! Currently 20.7°C with 75% humidity with no breeze, at 11:20 (around the same time last night it was about 3 degrees cooler) so feeling very warm and sultry, 25.8°C with 65% humidity indoors! Fan on full blast.

Clear skies though, lovely moon out, been mostly sunny today here so I’m surprised it’s been cloudy down in Manchester. Hot again too, max 27°C with a minimum of 48% humidity. Forecast to reach 28°C tommorow here.

Edited by East Lancs Rain

Posted
45 minutes ago, Frigid said:

Despite being cloudy all day, it’s also been the warmest from this heatwave. Currenly 25c at half 10 which I blame to the overcast skies. With HP slap bang onto the UK, you’d expect nights around 12-15. much more comfortable than the wretched high teens. Though last August it was worse. 

I don’t remember last August being too bad here though I remember the heat around 24th/25th July 2019 was very intense, reached 33°C here on the 25th, and on one night it was still in the mid 20’s at 10 pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Dew points have been almost consistently above 15C here throughout this spell and nudging 20C on some days hence why it's felt humid. Not normally like that for a HP heatwave. Didn't feel this humid in 2018. Could be pure speculation but maybe the drier air set off the moorland fires more easily in 2018.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

23C with a DP of 18.3C and humidity above 70%

This is ridiculous for this time of night

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

23C with a DP of 18.3C and humidity above 70%

This is ridiculous for this time of night

Certainly feels continental out there tonight, lovely t-shirt night. 

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Dew points have been almost consistently above 15C here throughout this spell and nudging 20C on some days hence why it's felt humid. Not normally like that for a HP heatwave. Didn't feel this humid in 2018. Could be pure speculation but maybe the drier air set off the moorland fires more easily in 2018.

Probably becuase the weather was very dry in May and June 2018 so by July the grass turned brown and we had hosepipe bans etc. The dry weather boreforehand probably made the humidity lower. This year, June has been very dry but we had a very wet May and a very wet first few days of July.

Strangely, despite being dry recently I noticed the grass one day actually felt a bit damp in the shade, probably because of the higher dew points. It was short grass as well.

• Like 1

Posted

Heard on the news earlier that these warm nights are termed as 'tropical' when the air temp does not fall below 20° during the night, certainly feels it.  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester Airport recording 20c and 83 per cent humidity at 0030

C.S

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, cheshire snow said:

Manchester Airport recording 20c and 83 per cent humidity at 0030

C.S

It's horrible. Tonight is probably the warmest of the heatwave. Past few days I've probably have had an average of 6 hours of sleep as I keep on waking up feeling parched. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Frigid said:

It's horrible. Tonight is probably the warmest of the heatwave. Past few days I've probably have had an average of 6 hours of sleep as I keep on waking up feeling parched. 

Blo*dy hell mate!  That graphv you posted in the MOD thread has silenced them into building Arks and buying up all UK supplies of dingys.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Frigid said:

I'd have given anything for my alarm not to go off at 5.30, gone half 3 before I finally nodded off, extremely restless last night.  Only in work till half 1 today, I can cope with that.  Wonder how many people will ask if we have any fans left, or where can they get one from as everywhere had sold out yesterday.  Sold out of chilled bottles of water and various cans from the sandwich chiller by midday. I think a power nap is on the cards this pm.  Right proper bog-eyed.

• Like 2

Posted

Awake 3 to 4.30 am, contemplating what I had to do today or if that was going to change due to mother-in-law ending up at A & E.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Think somewhere in the region will be close to todays hot spot. The synoptic just look right. 31c  ?

C

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Going out on a 2 hr bike ride in this heat two days after the 2nd jab probably wasn't the best idea - wrecked! 

• Like 4

Posted

23.6 C  now.  Some small cus drifting over from the north.  Just completed 9 consecutive dry days.

There was a lovely golden orange sunset last night.  Wondering if the smoke pollution from forest fires is already here?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Think somewhere in the region will be close to todays hot spot. The synoptic just look right. 31c  ?

C

Blackpool currently hot spot in England at 26c followed closely by Manchester and Keswick. North Wales 28c so far highest in the Kingdom.

C

• Like 4