Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another uncomfortable night for sleeping. I seriously need to install some air conditioning! Fans don't cut it for me due to the noise.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Already past 25c at Manchester Airport looks like another 30c possible today if you have had enough of the heat then good news cooing down over the weekend with some rain possible temperatures back down to low 20s probably still muggy at night so sleep could still be an issue looking at this mornings GFS later stages HP once again building in bringing another blast of heat early August long way of though in forecasting terms.

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Really looking forward to the cooldown!

Just a few more days until we are back to normal.

image.thumb.png.306e6e6b5984aacb4c149dc82d8e39e4.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Was really worried yesterday evening when my cat was outside all day, found him lying down struggling to breath. Had to carry him in. Was like that for a few hours, thankfully a few hours later he perked up but I was really worried for a few hours. I assume it must have been down to the heat, although he was lying down in the shade and the temp maxed out at 26C yesterday, which while hot we have experienced higher temps in the past and he's been fine then. As I precaution I'm not letting him out this afternoon, not until it's cooled down a bit in the evening anyway.

Hopefully after Friday that's it for heat this year.

• Like 1

Posted

Feels more pleasant here today, the humidity is a little lower and the breeze an little stronger. Beautiful sunshine, it's a shame I'm stuck inside working.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
47 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Was really worried yesterday evening when my cat was outside all day, found him lying down struggling to breath. Had to carry him in. Was like that for a few hours, thankfully a few hours later he perked up but I was really worried for a few hours. I assume it must have been down to the heat, although he was lying down in the shade and the temp maxed out at 26C yesterday, which while hot we have experienced higher temps in the past and he's been fine then. As I precaution I'm not letting him out this afternoon, not until it's cooled down a bit in the evening anyway.

Hopefully after Friday that's it for heat this year.

Very nearly a CATastrophe. Glad he's ok.

• Like 3

Posted

image.thumb.png.c823d9a8f3d74e19c6fad3d641e62661.pngEarlier, this cheeky shower through out some lightning then died.

image.thumb.png.84c4750ff1ca32a62d7f2e70b3e51d4f.pngRoll on an hour or two and its back with vengeance. 

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Been a crap summer for thunder at least here.  Feels like it has reverted back to the dire 2010s for thunder after last year's bumper.  I think some in the region even missed out on last summer

Yep apart from that storm a month or 2 back where that kid got killed from the lightning it has been really quiet, at least it's nice & sunny though as opposed to the horrendous cloud that has been persistant prior to summer

• Like 3

Posted

Im going to the East Anglian coast to hopefully get my thunder fix. Wish me luck. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Looking across to the Derbyshire storm from 50 miles away in Cheshire.

IMG_20210720_152305261.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Looks pretty black to me lol.

Yes big CBs in the back ground and a nice 132Kv pylon on a summers day.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted

The shower South of Sheffield. Pity it's moving away from me.

IMG_20210720_160319.thumb.jpg.85b9d8d7cfd99ffb152dd25a7bd2bb92.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Been watching all the convective action in the SE too from Macc, huge beastie a few mins ago.    Nothing but fair weather clouds in all other directions.

20210720_155750.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

30c breached at 1542 reached 30.6c now reading 29.9c

C.S

• Like 6

Posted

Not the best picture but that is the temperature in the car at 1545 yep that is 37c thank goodness for Air con.

C.S

20210720_151921.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Been watching all the convective action in the SE too from Macc, huge beastie a few mins ago.    Nothing but fair weather clouds in all other directions.

20210720_155750.jpg

I suspect we are  going to see not much for our region, even the breakdown is not looking great for thunder now

• Like 4

Posted

Can see the cells from here. 

I wonder how far east and south you could see a cell from here? I have seen the top of a cell that was just off the east coast of Ireland. I wonder if you could see the top of a cell over the North Sea despite the Pennines?

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I suspect we are  going to see not much for our region, even the breakdown is not looking great for thunder now

Aww bum flaps, I was looking forward to the weekends potential.  Nearly 12 months since that unforgettable storm over Macc, August 11th.

• Like 4

Posted

Watching huge towers go up and dissipate from storms Sheffield way…. Interesting sky scape whilst hot sunny 30c in garden 

• Like 4

Posted

Couldn't think of anything more wonderful than stepping outside into the salvation of a rainstorm thundering down right now.  The videos on twitter of those experiencing such delight in the east/south east of the country are making me very jealous.  The heat is relentless now by day and night...(esp.@night)...so hoping for something fresher come the weekend.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Reached an unofficial 30c here in S Cheshire this afternoon so the hottest day of the year locally! ☀️☀️  Rostherne, Knutsford (my nearest MO station) recorded 28c as their high. Another hot two days to come with 30-31c potential again then a breakdown of sorts by the weekend and turning thankfully that bit fresher particularly at night. 

• Like 3

Posted

Another very warm one here. Note term 'very warm', max 26 degrees. For here 28 degrees is the benchmark of a hot day. Humidity not too bad but it increases through the evening and nights are now uncomfortable.

I'm loving the cool down that has been occurring between 8 and 9pm each evening. 

Tomorrow might bring a localised heavy downpour over the Lake District. Also we are likely to see the peak of our warm spell. Might hit 28 degrees both tomorrow and more so Thursday. Friday looking very warm still but a bit cooler. By Saturday fresher cloudier conditions. Might not see much rain, could be just showers.. but it will feel very different.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
42 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Another very warm one here. Note term 'very warm', max 26 degrees. For here 28 degrees is the benchmark of a hot day. Humidity not too bad but it increases through the evening and nights are now uncomfortable.

I'm loving the cool down that has been occurring between 8 and 9pm each evening. 

Tomorrow might bring a localised heavy downpour over the Lake District. Also we are likely to see the peak of our warm spell. Might hit 28 degrees both tomorrow and more so Thursday. Friday looking very warm still but a bit cooler. By Saturday fresher cloudier conditions. Might not see much rain, could be just showers.. but it will feel very different.

Yes it's barely dropping indoors by night here and I'm surrounded by open fields so it must be vile in more urban locations in Greater Manchester. 28C upstairs right now. And by morning time it only seems to drop by a degree or two even with the windows open all night. Wouldn't like to have a loft bedroom in this weather as you could easily add another couple of celsius. 

• Like 5