Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
6 hours ago, Spah1 said:

Wednesday 28 Jul -Wednesday 11 Aug

A more unsettled interlude seems probable to end July with rain or showers for all areas, risk heavy and thundery, especially in the South.

Going Padstow 23rd July. Not Happy. 

Most of the models are still forecasting high pressure for the 23rd, and 28th July to 11 August is very long way off in terms of weather forecasting! They can really only guess that far out. Plenty of time for things to change (although chances are it will turn cool and wet as soon as the schools break up as usually happens).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

My phone app still going for 25C on Fri, 26C on Sat, Sun, & Mon. So not bad going at all. Thinking of a family get together at the weekend in the open fresh air with a BBQ. Should be fantastic.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

My phone app still going for 25C on Fri, 26C on Sat, Sun, & Mon. So not bad going at all. Thinking of a family get together at the weekend in the open fresh air with a BBQ. Should be fantastic.

Ideal weekend to do it. We won't see any better now in terms of light levels, thereafter we tilt slowly away from that heady summer feeling... everyone simply make the most of coming weekend. Mid July, mid summer!

• Like 5

Posted

Popped to Mossley and Ashton early (for me 8am), managed to dig up 5-10m area of rhododendron, turn soil and gravel over… made and set light to large bonfire ?? 

for tea made a Caribbean chicken curry with Carolina Reaper Chili ? but lovely shattered…. 22c but when sun out for any length feels quite hot  

Covid test then a glass of vino in the sunshine then early bed…  

Negative tests all round ?? 

I’ll enjoy me wine now  

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Popped to Mossley and Ashton early (for me 8am), managed to dig up 5-10m area of rhododendron, turn soil and gravel over… made and set light to large bonfire ?? 

for tea made a Caribbean chicken curry with Carolina Reaper Chili ? but lovely shattered…. 22c but when sun out for any length feels quite hot  

Covid test then a glass of vino in the sunshine then early bed…  

Mossley is a lovely place, we drove through it on the way to the Hartshead inn early last year just before covid hit.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Mossley is a lovely place, we drove through it on the way to the Hartshead inn early last year just before covid hit.

It’s lovely around with all the hills and walks… Hartshead has lovely views toward Manchester and pub has good food and decent pint  

would be lovely up there this evening

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 3

Posted

Lovely day today, one of those days where it's got sunnier as the day went on. High of 21C, now currently 18C with clear blue skies and feeling very pleasant outside.  Ideal conditions for walking, sunbathing, gardening, anything outdoors really.

This summer has had the most days in the low 20's I've ever seen (my favourite temperature in summer), usually it's just a few days of 25-30C and then atlantic dross the rest of the time. It's the best summer I can ever remember for pleasant, comfortable, sunny and dry weather. If I was being picky I'd prefer more sunshine with cooler nights, but certainly can't complain about this summer up here.  It's like a cooler version of 2018.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Lovely day today, one of those days where it's got sunnier as the day went on. High of 21C, now currently 18C with clear blue skies and feeling very pleasant outside.  Ideal conditions for walking, sunbathing, gardening, anything outdoors really.

This summer has had the most days in the low 20's I've ever seen (my favourite temperature in summer), usually it's just a few days of 25-30C and then atlantic dross the rest of the time. It's the best summer I can ever remember for pleasant, comfortable, sunny and dry weather. If I was being picky I'd prefer more sunshine with cooler nights, but certainly can't complain about this summer up here.  It's like a cooler version of 2018.

It is reminding me alot of 1996 that summer brought persistent temps in the 20s without with one or two exceptions ever getting hot. It came on the back of a cold April and May. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Looking at the latest Sat pictures, NW England doing ok today for ☀ Story of the summer so far, beating the SE by a country mile ! Good on you lot. Rain moving in again in The Austrian Alps and temps on the cool side. At least missed the real heavy rain that is affecting Germany.

C.

• Like 5

Posted

24c digging and planting this morning then walk from old Glossop around swineshaw Rez and over cemetery road… lovely views in sunshine ☀️ now preparing fish and chips for tea 

more of this weather please 

• Like 5

Posted

Reached about 23°C here and felt very warm! Clouded over now and feeling a little cooler.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
25 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Reached about 23°C here and felt very warm! Clouded over now and feeling a little cooler.

Yep it’s been a decent day, not wall to wall sunshine but it felt pretty warm this afternoon.

temperature here reached 24c before the full cloud moved in, we may have squeezed a 25c if it had stayed away an hour or so longer but more than warm enough for a working day and likely to be beaten over the next few days.

down south can keep its forecasted 30+c, the mid 20’s will do find sat outside a couple of pubs at the seaside this weekend.

• Like 6

Posted

A cracking mid July day. Nearly hit 24 degrees. Still 23 degrees now. Blue skies and little cloud all day. Light breeze. What isn't to like, plenty more similar days ahead. We might hit 25 degrees tomorrow or Saturdat, more than warm enough when under blue skies and no wind in July. Many schools break up I think tomorrow, reminds me of those wonderful summer warm last days of school from yesteryear, well that was my memory. Probably only really happened 1989, 90, 95.. mind many kids are already off now due to the Covid!

• Like 5

Posted

Sun back out again now here. Went fully cloudy late afternoon, then suddenly looked up and back to full sun again lol. Amazing how quick it changes.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Seems to have kept the slug and snail population from venturing out to my Strawberry plants for fear of running out of slime cos its rather dry.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Quite a bit of high cloud over the south of the region this morning after a bright start hopefully it breaks up later  a very warm if not hot weekend coming up though 25-28c south of Manchester 23-25c north of Manchester and a very decent start to the school summer hols/ a warm weather escape from the stresses and strains of the last year for many I’m sure. Happy Friday everyone! ☀️ 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Good to see the Isle of Man in the current top 20 hot spots. Not very often you see the Island in that league ! Liverpool Speke tops the lot , yet again nationwide ( must be some sort of sub tropical micro climate in that location )

C

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, carinthian said:

Good to see the Isle of Man in the current top 20 hot spots. Not very often you see the Island in that league ! Liverpool Speke tops the lot , yet again nationwide ( must be some sort of sub tropical micro climate in that location )

C

They don't want to hear that when there's a possibility of snow though.

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Seems to have kept the slug and snail population from venturing out to my Strawberry plants for fear of running out of slime cos its rather dry.

Have a little mole making its presence known on our lawn… anyone know if garlic and castor oil works on making moles move elsewhere? 
lovely 25.4c sunny with intermittent clouds

dont have to go anywhere this weekend so going to enjoy the weather in garden and some late evening bbqs ☀️ 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Have a little mole making its presence known on our lawn… anyone know if garlic and castor oil works on making moles move elsewhere? 
lovely 25.4c sunny with intermittent clouds

dont have to go anywhere this weekend so going to enjoy the weather in garden and some late evening bbqs ☀️ 

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Shop SDMAX Whack a Mole Game For Kids Music Toy Pinball Hammer With Light Music. Free delivery and returns on eligible orders of £20 or more.

Far more enjoyable.

• Like 4

Posted

A similar day to yesterday. Current temp 23.7 degrees, same as yesterdays max. However, we've been seeing maxima peaking about 5pm lately so we may nudge a degree or so higher, probably won't hit 25 degrees today. Tomorrow looks our best bet. Not kept a record of maxima but I don't think we've hit 25 degrees yet this summer which is quite late. Traditionally mid July to early August is our warmest part of the year, 25 degrees though very decent isn't very special this time of year. A bit like a max of 2 degrees in mid Jan to early Feb. 0 degree is the special marker, 27 degrees is the same marker in high summer for here at least.. don't see many days making 27 degrees or more.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 3

Posted

Had practically no sun for the last few hours. Bit disappointing when you look at the satellite image and 10 miles to the west it's sunny. Still very warm though.