Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Can hear some big distant rumbles now. Probably from the cells to the SE near Marple.

• Like 3

Posted

Just had a good storm overhead for a change as well loud thunder,still the odd rumble in the distance

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Can hear some big distant rumbles now. Probably from the cells to the SE near Marple.

Nice 1.

The only rumbles here have been at the dinner table after our veg!

Frustrating day weather wise, showers to the left, showers to the right, dry slot all day. Well at least it doesn't do that when snow is about, oh hang on a minute.....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Another heavy rain shower on-going not heard any Thunder yet these showers seem very localised just spoke to my mum a few miles from here and it been dry since midday.

C.S

Edit distant Thunder heard 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A few "dodgy" days coming up with more rain, some heavy, and possibly thunder but long term it could be a lot worse - by the looks of things we're not going to be stuck under a perpetual trough. I'm enjoying this summer up to now, we've had a bit of a variety of weather. Just no proper heatwave but I'm not too fussed about that. Low to mid 20s suits me better, can get everything done without much of a sweat.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Getting some lively weather from this at the moment.

C.S

20210704_195011.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Going dark here with the freesat TV losing signal in the heavy rain, but nothing 'electrical' with this cell just yet.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Loud thunder 5 minutes ago as I turned  cars around for tomorrow's work. Made me jump as I thought we'd had our share for today. 

Not showing on lightning maps ??

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted

Heard thunder both days but not overhead.  Its been quite loud though on occasions. 

• Like 2

Posted

Not heard thunder here yet, probably just receive some heavy showers through the evening.  Sunset is apparently in 45 mins time here, but it may as well have been 30 minutes ago...the skies are that leaden.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Not had much in the way of thunder today, just a few rumbles this morning but had a big pretty big storm last night with a few big rumbles so I’m satisfied. Hopefully we will get some sunny spells between the showers this week.

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Very disappointing weekend, thunderwise. 

8 minutes ago, dodge said:

Not heard thunder here yet, probably just receive some heavy showers through the evening.  Sunset is apparently in 45 mins time here, but it may as well have been 30 minutes ago...the skies are that leaden.

It’s always a lottery when it comes to thunderstorms. Some places hit the jackpot, some places just get the scraps and some places don’t get anything at all.

• Like 2

Posted

Huge blob spinning my way. Flooding is possible from this long deluge.

• Like 4

Posted

Feeling a bit thunder starved myself but I've had great fun this weekend tracking the regions activity.  The skies have been awesome to watch, some great towering structures and alot of beautiful convective 'mess' a bit like a Turner painting.  Glad things have calmed a bit, beginning to get a bit of whiplash from looking up at every given moment. It's been very wet today and I didn't get the storm I hoped for, but I have thoroughly enjoyed weather watching this weekend.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Local amateur station showing 33mm of rain has fallen since midnight. A wet day. Surface water is the most ubiquitous I've seen it for a couple of months.

I must say though, since the weather 'broke' everything is looking a lot fresher/greener than it was. 

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Local amateur station showing 33mm of rain has fallen since midnight. A wet day. Surface water is the most ubiquitous I've seen it for a couple of months.

I must say though, since the weather 'broke' everything is looking a lot fresher/greener than it was. 

Gotta agree CC. As the rain is pouring on the front window I just checked our total for today and it stands at 31mm with a fair bit still to come looking at the radar. 40mm or so would be 3 or 4 times the rainfall for the whole of June. Feast or famine weather continues.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, PennineMark said:

Gotta agree CC. As the rain is pouring on the front window I just checked our total for today and it stands at 31mm with a fair bit still to come looking at the radar. 40mm or so would be 3 or 4 times the rainfall for the whole of June. Feast or famine weather continues.

We seem to flip from very dry to very wet in short space of time. Very dry April, very wet May, very dry June, very wet July! Well hope not!

• Like 6

Posted

Video of the thunderstorm last night here. Make sure your volume is turned up!

Did another two videos before that but they didn't record for some reason.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 6

Posted

Quite a bit of heavy rain last night, from what I could hear....and now the winds have switched westerly there's no problem with small nasty clusters of showers ganging together to deliver their load here...the last one which has just been particularly heavy.  Ground now waterlogged, but drainage should be decent with relatively dry June.  Less showers as we pass through the morning.

• Like 4

Posted
9 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yes, it was still raining at 11pm last night, but a dry bright start to this morning. Will it last...?

• Like 2

Posted

Hammering down again. So much for the washing getting dry on the line.

• Like 2