Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

No evidence of any precipitation having fallen in past hours. However, radar shows some has fallen.

Is the radar right?

Anyhow there is heavy rain to our west and east. So far we have escaped..

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
4 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Looking at radar much of the region receiving torrential rain now. Surprised no reports..  just started here.

Moderate at the most so far here but it matches the radar which shows the heaviest stuff to my south and especially the west.

• Like 1

Posted

I never checked this at the time, but believe it or not April 2021 was the driest month for the region in the Hadley series since January 1997. In other words, April 2021 is the driest month of the 21st century so far for the region.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I never checked this at the time, but believe it or not April 2021 was the driest month for the region in the Hadley series since January 1997. In other words, April 2021 is the driest month of the 21st century so far for the region.

Surprised at that. Thought April 07 and 11 were drier. May 18 barely delivered any rain here. August 95 I think is the driest month on record here.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, damianslaw said:

Surprised at that. Thought April 07 and 11 were drier. May 18 barely delivered any rain here. August 95 I think is the driest month on record here.

Locally they may have been drier but actually looking at the figures, April 2011 wasn't that dry, I think June 2021 could turn out to be drier than this.

April 2011 is not even in the top 15 driest Aprils for the region. April 2020 was drier than 2011.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

I'll find absolutely anything...anything to do rather than sit through hours of TV build up. I'm sure those curtains could do with a wash

The will be no build up to the game on ORF channel and no experts pouting a load of crap. Will watch the game in the bar with a Dutch man and a few locals. Obviously , hope England win but feeling over here is Ukraine look a very determined outfit. Maybe class will be the difference. What ever the result, its only a game and live moves on. Rarther watch my old club, Macc Town FC !

C

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
44 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

In the warning now,game on,just need a bit of sun after

Parts of Southern England removed and warning area adjusted West and North. Not often we see that kind of adjustment with a storm warning. Rain has eased off here after heavy rain for the previous couple of hours or so. Hopefully we can get some sunny breaks now.

• Like 4

Posted
39 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Locally they may have been drier but actually looking at the figures, April 2011 wasn't that dry, I think June 2021 could turn out to be drier than this.

April 2011 is not even in the top 15 driest Aprils for the region. April 2020 was drier than 2011.

Where does May 18 appear in list of driest months of 21st century?

Posted
5 minutes ago, carinthian said:

The will be no build up to the game on ORF channel and no experts pouting a load of crap. Will watch the game in the bar with a Dutch man and a few locals. Obviously , hope England win but feeling over here is Ukraine look a very determined outfit. Maybe class will be the difference. What ever the result, its only a game and live moves on. Rarther watch my old club, Macc Town FC !

C

Once an avid Macc Town fan myself, every home and away match.   Long journeys home from Exeter, Colchester etc... after a defeat.  I can still see Maccs first league goal, scored by Sodje against Torquay United, the Silkmen won 2-1.  Ah happy days.

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Once an avid Macc Town fan myself, every home and away match.   Long journeys home from Exeter, Colchester etc... after a defeat.  I can still see Maccs first league goal, scored by Sodje against Torquay United, the Silkmen won 2-1.  Ah happy days.

Its a long time since I played in front of the Starr Lane End ! Yep a long history and a proud Wembley heritage with the likes of Gould and Fiddler. Sad to read about the demise of the club but glad to see new owners and Director of Football, Robbie Savage taking a new direction back to main league football again. Sure they will succeed quickly. Hopefully, I can get chance to watch a game or two when travel restrictions allow. Did you know, a couple of the Macc Lads from the infamous band once painted my first house before they became notorious. What funny lot they were but did a good job with the painting I am pleased to say . As you say happy days.

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 1

Posted

Crewe Alex FC me, and went to Wembley to see them win the Johnson Paint Trophy a few years back but not the L2 Playoff Final as I was away at the time. Pleased that they are in L1 but not so pleased at the adverse publicity they have been having in recent times. Steady rain here all morning but nothing more .... yet!  

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Outside the top 20,

Gosh that surprises me more. Do you have a list of top 20 driest months this century.. perhaps the likes of July 06 feature.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Been pouring here all morning, Atlantic has definitely broke through, though winds are still light. Currently 17°C. Next week looking pretty crap tbh. I don’t mind the unsettled weather to be honest, as long as it doesn’t go on and on for weeks.

• Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Crewe Alex FC me, and went to Wembley to see them win the Johnson Paint Trophy a few years back but not the L2 Playoff Final as I was away at the time. Pleased that they are in L1 but not so pleased at the adverse publicity they have been having in recent times. Steady rain here all morning but nothing more .... yet!  

My dad was a cattle farmer and often used to visit Gresty Road as the cattle market was next to the ground. He took me as kid in the 60s to watch my first game ever in the old division 4 against arch rivals Stockport County. 

C

• Like 3

Posted
22 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Gosh that surprises me more. Do you have a list of top 20 driest months this century.. perhaps the likes of July 06 feature.

12.4  Apr 2021

12.9  May 2020

14.2  Sep 2014

17.8  Aug 2003

19.1  Apr 2007

22.2  Feb 2009

22.6  Apr 2017

23.0  Mar 2012

~24 Jun 2021

24.6  Apr 2010

28.0  Apr 2011

28.1  Jun 2018

29.6  Jul 2006

32.3  May 2008

32.5  Mar 2011

33.4  Apr 2013

33.7  Dec 2010

33.8  May 2010

34.3 Oct 2016

35.1 Jun 2006

36.5 May 2018

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

This overcast grey stratus, clagg and moderate rain dross seems to be lingering longer than the forecast implied , when does the sunny spells and heavy cumulonimbus stuff move in ?   

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, IanR said:

This overcast grey stratus, clagg and moderate rain dross seems to be lingering longer than the forecast implied , when does the sunny spells and heavy cumulonimbus stuff move in ?   

The latest satellite suggesting more and more breaks in the cloud to the south.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
57 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

The latest satellite suggesting more and more breaks in the cloud to the south.

Still overcast here, but I would suggest sunny breaks likely to appear within the next hour, judging by the satellite. Every now and again it seems like the sun could burst through.

• Like 2

Posted
55 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Still overcast here, but I would suggest sunny breaks likely to appear within the next hour, judging by the satellite. Every now and again it seems like the sun could burst through.

First pockets of blue sky appearing to the south of Macc now.

IMG_20210703_150859.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Still overcast here.

Posted
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

12.4  Apr 2021

12.9  May 2020

14.2  Sep 2014

17.8  Aug 2003

19.1  Apr 2007

22.2  Feb 2009

22.6  Apr 2017

23.0  Mar 2012

~24 Jun 2021

24.6  Apr 2010

28.0  Apr 2011

28.1  Jun 2018

29.6  Jul 2006

32.3  May 2008

32.5  Mar 2011

33.4  Apr 2013

33.7  Dec 2010

33.8  May 2010

34.3 Oct 2016

35.1 Jun 2006

36.5 May 2018

Thanks will digest. Note Feb 09 in that list. Very surprised remember first half being dry with a bit of snow. Second half was very mild and high pressure so perhaps not.

Dec 10 was very dry and very cold.

Mar 12 very mild and very dry.

Forgot about last May a superb month but coincided with bleak times .

• Like 1