Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

Had a shower here about 3.50am.  Checked the radar in case there was any sferics around, Macc and Congleton were under a small patch of orange echoes.  Rain lasted about 10 mins.  All dry outside now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, alr1970 said:

No rain overnight means we're into our fourth dry week in a row. The climate really seems to have changed to alternating droughts and washouts.

Yes it does. I really would prefer if it rained little and often rather than bone dry for four weeks then non-stop rain for four weeks. Sunday looks miserable though, rain and 15°C.

• Like 4

Posted

A pleasant morning here. Sunny intervals and 18°C. ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Suns out, washing on line and I've told the lawn that it has a date with the grim reaper.

• Like 4

Posted

Take with a pinch of salt but it makes for interesting weather if it comes off. 

Screenshot_20210617-123948_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Was 17c cloudy humid… now sun making more of an appearance 22c and humid… feels hot in sunshine ☀️ Just making  burgers and coleslaw for tea with all windows open… pleasant slight breeze 

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Was 17c cloudy humid… now sun making more of an appearance 22c and humid… feels hot in sunshine ☀️ Just making  burgers and coleslaw for tea with all windows open… pleasant slight breeze 

Sounds good. Always makes me hungry when people talk about food lol.

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Sounds good. Always makes me hungry when people talk about food lol.

I think he could win Master Chef!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Once again not a drop of rain materialises. Sunday however does look wet and the ground round here needs it. Getting cracked and the grass is becoming yellow. A sign of drought stress.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Once again not a drop of rain materialises. Sunday however does look wet and the ground round here needs it. Getting cracked and the grass is becoming yellow. A sign of drought stress.

Surprised signs of drought stress, May was very wet.. had the dry theme continued in May then yes wouldn't be too surprised.. mind it has been a late season growth wise, and many late plants very hungry so will have drank what moisture we had in May more so than usual.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Dark looking skies at times today but even this far East in the region, we’ve managed to miss the showers and storms and it’s been a completely dry and warm day.

keep this up until late September and I’ll be happy, 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
39 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Surprised signs of drought stress, May was very wet.. had the dry theme continued in May then yes wouldn't be too surprised.. mind it has been a late season growth wise, and many late plants very hungry so will have drank what moisture we had in May more so than usual.

Yes and probably because it's been drier and sunnier in this part of the region I'd have thought. Don't think it's properly rained here since late May. 

• Like 4

Posted

Well we were one of the worse spots in England yesterday temp and sunshine wise, tlrole reverse tomorrow, looks like the Lake District could be a sweet spot, sunshine and temp wise, a rarity indeed!

• Like 7

Posted

I've noticed over the last few weeks that on quite a few occasions the evening weather has been far better in terms of brightness and sunshine than what we have had during the day.  This evening is lovely compared to the greyness of today.

• Like 4

Posted
8 hours ago, Had Worse said:

I think he could win Master Chef!

Don’t think I’m that qualified but I do like cooking and flavourful food

dullish afternoon but sun out again as going down behind hills… dug up a couple of large overgrown fig trees and moved some large potted trees about on patio and grass cut looking lovely with all pot plants revived after jaunt to Scotland… has been very dry since May… hopefully Sunday will help refill the water butts and water the garden… first (of the year) big bonfire on Saturday with huge pile of brush/hedge/bush/tree clippings now piled up… will check for our resident hedgehogs before lighting still though… 

A3946180-CEEE-48BE-8277-7F6B94DC596A.jpeg

847F5B13-EB9D-4054-9468-1E2204F4B321.jpeg

AE18082D-6863-4118-B349-24ADE3363B97.jpeg

C61286FC-4083-4C51-AB05-52EDE43E2970.jpeg

BDDB3818-E637-4FA0-8956-3836965404CA.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 7

Posted

A stunning, clear evening, albeit a bit windy around 5pm. Calm right now, and feeling a bit humid to me. I’ll have to get some snapshots of trip to the Llyn Peninsula when I go Saturday for a week. Sunday looks like it could be some quite intense bursts of rain and possibly thunderstorms across quite a bit of the UK. Saturday looks good at least!

• Like 5

Posted

Please can we have some of this

vervins.jpg
WWW.VISION-ENVIRONNEMENT.COM

Visualisez en vidéo et en direct la webcam touristique de la ville de Vervins, localisée dans la région Grand Est, France.

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Please can we have some of this

vervins.jpg
WWW.VISION-ENVIRONNEMENT.COM

Visualisez en vidéo et en direct la webcam touristique de la ville de Vervins, localisée dans la région Grand Est, France.

Yes please with lots of rain and preferably overnight ⚡⚡⚡

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
16 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Does anyone think the Met Office were a bit too quick to put out those warnings?  Did we really think when parts of the region were put under the yellow area, we were in with a chance? 

Nope, never thought we were in with a shout. Now even the trough that was forecast for early next week looks to be dissolving from the modelling- pushed back to later next week now. Azores HP ridging really gets on my wick in summer, pretty much puts the kibosh on anything interesting.

I had hoped this summer would carry on the thundery theme of last year as they tend to cluster like that.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
19 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Nope, never thought we were in with a shout. Now even the trough that was forecast for early next week looks to be dissolving from the modelling- pushed back to later next week now. Azores HP ridging really gets on my wick in summer, pretty much puts the kibosh on anything interesting.

I had hoped this summer would carry on the thundery theme of last year as they tend to cluster like that.

Each to their own Crew but when the most likely weather over the other three seasons is rain, I’d prefer my summers to be sunny and dry rather than a warmer type of rain, albeit with a choice of noise and flashing clouds

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Good to see you Northwesterners getting a protracted dry pleasant spell and the SE getting dull  and wet, albeit warm weather. Looking at the synoptics so far in June , Lancashire, Cheshire and Dales doing not bad. Makes a change. Hope is a long term thing !

C

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Does anyone think the Met Office were a bit too quick to put out those warnings?  Did we really think when parts of the region were put under the yellow area, we were in with a chance? 

No, didn't expect anything and was surprised it wasn't shifted East on the day. However, it was only a yellow warning and the risk matrix had the likelihood at the bottom end of the scale, so not really an issue. Perhaps their data showed a chance, albeit small, of something sparking off further North/West and given that the low likelihood was well high highlighted, decided no need to adjust the warning area.

• Like 3

Posted

Another example of a NW-SE divide, this time we are best placed! Clear blue skies this morning, compare to the heavy rain in the SE! Makes a change!

• Like 3