Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Despite it only being 17°C with a fairly stiff breeze, it feels much hotter than that due to the very clear skies and high uv levels today.

• Like 3

Posted

Very high uv levels today. Hopefully I will get a nice tan. ☀️

IMG_1297.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I bet it was windy up there! There's a stiff breeze here and I'm much lower down than Pendle. Quite welcome though as the sun is really strong today.

Yeah it was a bit blowy on the top but I managed without digging my fleece out of the rucksack and it calmed down again once we got below the ridge.

plenty of folk out though and most attempting the same thing as us.

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Pleasant day, average temps, max of 18 degrees, currently 17 degrees. In the sun it feels much warmer. 

Yes because of the very clear skies the sunshine was very strong. Probably because we were bringing clean fresh air from off the Atlantic. Tomorrow the temperatures will be warmer but the winds will be southerly so will be bringing  less fresh air up from off the continent so probably more in the way of high cloud and hazy sunshine.

I often find westerlies/north-westerlies + high pressure to be best for clear blue skies, at least round here anyway. Also tends to have a nice breeze with it so it doesn’t feel too hot in the sun.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Yes not a bad day today. Warm enough in the sun even if the actual temperature wasn't spectacular. Looking much warmer tomorrow but some questions remain about afternoon cloud cover which might put a lid on the temp a bit.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Come on forecasters, where’s my damn sunshine and don’t tell me that it will break through at about 6pm like it often does on a Sunday

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Come on forecasters, where’s my damn sunshine and don’t tell me that it will break through at about 6pm like it often does on a Sunday

'Get ready for the Sunday scorcher' quoting the BBC.  Temps for the NW are going to be pretty decent, low to mid 20's.  Looking at their weather map, looks like cloud will hinder western parts of the NW and N Wales with hazy sunny spells in between, we'll see.  Blue skies earlier but now cloudy.  A dry pleasant day, and the sun is trying it's best to burn through as I type.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

This mini ‘heatwave’ (hot day) was always going to be a one day wonder for us in the NW but even so it’s a bit disappointing to see so much cloud cover. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another cloudy morning here, similar to yesterday. The cloud will need to break up fairly soon if we are going to hit the mid twenties this afternoon in these parts.

• Like 4

Posted

Cloudy start,met office gone early with thunderstorms warnings Wednesday onwards just on the edge here to far away yet though

• Like 3

Posted

Still hopeful it will brighten up but here at the moment the cloud is thick enough to be giving light drizzle at times.

never mind, after having it constantly rammed down our throat on the BBC news channel, at least we know it’s nice and hot down south so just pray that they slap plenty of sun cream on.

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, iand61 said:

Just had a look at my weather app, forecast is for it to turn to full sun... By 6 pm!

1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Still hopeful it will brighten up but here at the moment the cloud is thick enough to be giving light drizzle at times.

never mind, after having it constantly rammed down our throat on the BBC news channel, at least we know it’s nice and hot down south so just pray that they slap plenty of sun cream on.

Cloud starting to break up a bit now here. It’s still relatively cool though at 20°C with a gentle westerly breeze, and with a maximum of 23°C forecast here not really what I would class as a “heatwave” in June.

953CB1C9-2FD5-4CC4-8284-2BF8E284800C.png

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, carl1980 said:

Cloudy start,met office gone early with thunderstorms warnings Wednesday onwards just on the edge here to far away yet though

Need it all to nudge west.  Time for many a change between now and Weds.  Love a storm me.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Cloud starting to break up a bit here and the sun peeking in and out, was always going to be a cloudier day up in our region despite what the London centric BBC say. But I'm hopeful with these cloud breaks we will see more in the way of sunny spells later. After all we have a lot of daylight to go at this time of year.

• Like 4

Posted

Still completely overcast here, barely had any sun at all today, and despite the temperature actually being a few degrees higher than it was yesterday, it doesn’t feel it due to the complete lack of sun. It takes away the summery vibe as well. Just goes to show that temperature doesn’t mean everything in the summer. Sunshine and rainfall amounts are so much more important, especially to the overall feel of the weather. It can be 17° and sunny with light winds and feel tropical, it can be 23° but thick clouds, drizzle and a fresh breeze and feel cool. I know which I’d rather have. 

Very disappointing given the forecast. There’s still time for the Sun to make an appearance, but time is running out.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 4

Posted

Reminds me of last Sunday where the sun finally decided to put an appearance in about 3 ish but even more cloud today so I’m sticking to my 6pm and a nice evening.

It certainly make an embarrassment of the Met Office website forecast for the region which is sunny and hot throughout.

might as well have forecast snow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
36 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Cloud amounts disappointing, if anything it has thickened up after some sunny spells.

A very disappointing day cloud cover from first thing temperature sat at 23c quite humid aswell in contrast Wembley in full sun and 29c

C.S

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

A very disappointing day cloud cover from first thing temperature sat at 23c quite humid aswell in contrast Wembley in full sun and 29c

C.S

One positive reading the reports is that it’s not just disappointingly cloudy up on my mountain but throughout the region.

• Like 4

Posted

Sun finally starting to break through here. The cloud will probably thicken again now I’ve said that lol.

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like my 6pm prediction was off the mark, 5 o’clock and it’s sun breaking through the clouds time.

• Like 4