Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Last couple of days rather disappointing here in the northern lake district, with thick low cloud and most tops covered. Mizzle from time to time never amounting to a great deal but high in nuisance value. To a true lover of the high country great weather to get out and about on the low fells and soak up a different type of atmosphere and landscape.

• Like 4

Posted

Found this from the Manchester Evening News. Date is confusing because it says February 2007 and January 2013 but I recall John Kettley's infamous BBQ friendly summer prediction  was 2004

WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

THE rain has so far poured scorn on top weatherman John Kettley's prediction of a barbecue friendly summer - but that's set to change this weekend.

But here is the point I posted this.

"Looking more long-term, Mr Kettley predicts Greater Manchester can look forward to Cornwall-style summers by 2020. 

Hmmmm ..........

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
18 hours ago, Had Worse said:
image.php?logo=0&playbutton=1&s=1&img=bF
WWW.EARTHCAM.COM

EarthCam and the National Park Service have partnered to deliver live views of Fort McHenry in Maryland. Best known for its role in the War of 1812 when it successfully defended Baltimore Harbor from an attack...

Turn the sound up, really great cracks from the CGs

I couldn’t hear anything.

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Found this from the Manchester Evening News. Date is confusing because it says February 2007 and January 2013 but I recall John Kettley's infamous BBQ friendly summer prediction  was 2004

WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

THE rain has so far poured scorn on top weatherman John Kettley's prediction of a barbecue friendly summer - but that's set to change this weekend.

But here is the point I posted this.

"Looking more long-term, Mr Kettley predicts Greater Manchester can look forward to Cornwall-style summers by 2020. 

Hmmmm ..........

We are actually very similar to Cornwall in terms of summer temperatures (and maybe rainfall as well) but the sunshine is definitely lacking round here.

Posted

Been dull and overcast last couple of days with a little drizzle at times but temperatures have been quite warm in the low 20s. Today is a bit cooler and fresher though, currently only 17°C. The wind has got up as well.

Tommorow is forecast to be sunny here but still fairly cool with a maximum of 17°C before turning really warm on Sunday with a maximum of 25°C. Then temperatures in the hi teens and low twenties next week.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

We are actually very similar to Cornwall in terms of summer temperatures (and maybe rainfall as well) but the sunshine is definitely lacking round here.

Definitely not rainfall, our recent summers have got wetter despite 2018 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I couldn’t hear anything.

Unfortunately, after id posted the intense activity died. Trust me it was very impressive and extremely close.

• Like 1

Posted

Last day in the Highlands thought why not pop to the beach ? off to Edinburgh (hopefully 23-25c Sunday) for a couple of days then back to Glossopia and get double dipped with second vaccine dose Wednesday at cricket club ??  

E55EFC48-A796-4F46-8BBB-12D4A0B0202E.jpeg

BDEF8A02-4D17-4614-8D1A-50E93CBD2AFC.jpeg

1186C013-4EAC-4888-8A93-5C3D38D6124B.jpeg

515FF073-F4D1-428E-A4B6-A37399D873BA.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Anyone knows what happened to Darren Bown? Use to be  a regular contributor in this thread. 

I have Darren on Facebook. He’s fine. In the process of moving house with his partner at the moment.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

We've had sun for most of the afternoon, with a warm breeze making it nice to be outside.

Completely overcast here and feeling cooler and fresher than recent days. I don't mind the cloud too much though, as long as it stays dry.

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Anyone knows what happened to Darren Bown? Use to be  a regular contributor in this thread. 

I’m here! Crewe had messaged me, I’ve not been on here in years, even had to remind myself of my password!

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Last day in the Highlands thought why not pop to the beach ? off to Edinburgh (hopefully 23-25c Sunday) for a couple of days then back to Glossopia and get double dipped with second vaccine dose Wednesday at cricket club ??  

E55EFC48-A796-4F46-8BBB-12D4A0B0202E.jpeg

BDEF8A02-4D17-4614-8D1A-50E93CBD2AFC.jpeg

1186C013-4EAC-4888-8A93-5C3D38D6124B.jpeg

515FF073-F4D1-428E-A4B6-A37399D873BA.jpeg

Stunning photos there.  Are those the same feet that photo bombed yesterdays set of pics you sent?  LOL

• Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Good to hear from you again

Thank you. I must be more active here! It’s a good community.

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Stunning photos there.  Are those the same feet that photo bombed yesterdays set of pics you sent?  LOL

Yes.. yes they are
was lovely apart from a few dog walkers only had the sand Martin’s and wagtails for company… bliss 

Private picnic on a sandy beach with my husband in the Sunshine ☀️ 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Darren Bown said:

Thank you. I must be more active here! It’s a good community.

It is on this thread, but in the mod/moans thread in winter things can get pretty lively!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, Darren Bown said:

I’m here! Crewe had messaged me, I’ve not been on here in years, even had to remind myself of my password!

Good to see you here sir!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Can’t beat waking up to sunshine and a lovely forecast when your in a position to get out and enjoy it.

Hopefully a decent walk is on the cards for today and then tomorrow’s warmer conditions will be a mixture of a bit of gardening followed by lounging about with a few beers and watching the footie.

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, iand61 said:

Can’t beat waking up to sunshine and a lovely forecast when your in a position to get out and enjoy it.

Hopefully a decent walk is on the cards for today and then tomorrow’s warmer conditions will be a mixture of a bit of gardening followed by lounging about with a few beers and watching the footie.

My sentiments entirely!

• Like 3

Posted

Wednesday and Thursday warm but cloudy, a bit humid, today total opposite, sunny but cool and fresh, stiff northwesterly, currently 15°C. I love the variability in our weather. I’d hate to live somewhere where it’s just sunny and 30-40°C every day in summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A cloudy morning here, but sun breaking through nicely now. A nice breeze out. Mowed the lawn this morning and it was a real indicator of just how dry it has been recently. Despite the grass having got reasonably long, not a single blade of grass was left stuck to the bottom of the lawnmower afterwards.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Ended up driving to Barley and then climbing Pendle Hill, first time I’ve walked up in years and the first time my missus has ever been up Pendle, or come to think of it any of the tops not in walking distance of home. I think she enjoyed it and the cold beer afterwards barely touched the sides.

• Like 4

Posted
56 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Ended up driving to Barley and then climbing Pendle Hill, first time I’ve walked up in years and the first time my missus has ever been up Pendle, or come to think of it any of the tops not in walking distance of home. I think she enjoyed it and the cold beer afterwards barely touched the sides.

I bet it was windy up there! There's a stiff breeze here and I'm much lower down than Pendle. Quite welcome though as the sun is really strong today.