Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
3 hours ago, iand61 said:

Don’t think this time last year was much better.

I was pretty much bed ridden for about 10 days with Kidney stones and don’t recollect the bedroom getting overly hot with sunshine beating through.

could be wrong though as with pain like that, the weather was low on my priorities.

Last June was decent there was some heat at times notably later in the June. We'd had 2 and half months of warmth by this stage in the year, this year just a week or so..

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, iand61 said:

Don’t think this time last year was much better.

I was pretty much bed ridden for about 10 days with Kidney stones and don’t recollect the bedroom getting overly hot with sunshine beating through.

could be wrong though as with pain like that, the weather was low on my priorities.

No it wasn't. It wasn't as wet but it was still chilly. Needed the heating on for the first week or two of June 2020 (and 2019!)

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Last June was decent there was some heat at times notably later in the June. We'd had 2 and half months of warmth by this stage in the year, this year just a week or so..

It was very chilly and overcast for the first couple of weeks, it then turned warm and thundery mid month, then turned extremely hot and sunny for a few days before going the complete opposite - cold, wet and windy in the closing days of the month. We then had a very chilly July. Overall I'd rate it a poor month. Changeable at best. August was the best month of last summer.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
7 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Yeah I remember it improving from mid month but late May and the first part of June we’re nothing special around these parts.

this year seems to be taking a different route though and hopefully it carries on.

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It was very chilly and overcast for the first couple of weeks, it then turned warm and thundery mid month, then turned extremely hot and sunny for a few days before going the complete opposite - cold, wet and windy in the closing days of the month. We then had a very chilly July. Overall I'd rate it a poor month. Changeable at best. August was the best month of last summer.

I remember July 14th, billed by the credulous as "Independence Day".  Chilly, drizzly, damp all day.  Not a glimpse of the sun, just this clinging mizzle.  Got back from a walk soaked through.  An omen of what was to come, pandemic wise.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Inga Horwood said:

I remember July 14th, billed by the credulous as "Independence Day".  Chilly, drizzly, damp all day.  Not a glimpse of the sun, just this clinging mizzle.  Got back from a walk soaked through.  An omen of what was to come, pandemic wise.

I remember I was freezing indoors around that time and had to relent to put the heating on. A first for me in July.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Looks like a very decent 5-7 day mini very warm spell/ early summer heatwave setting up for the next few days humidity building too. Peak of the heat looking like Sunday at the minute 26-28c across the south of the region and a more comfortable 22c-25c across the north of the region. Last June was a mixed affair from memory cool early month with some warm spells late month but was very convective across the south of the region at least - humid with lots of thundery action and big downpours some stunning lightning shows too. August was the best month of the summer here - unusual considering the long run of poor and uninspiring August’s in the last decade even in the hot summers of 2013 & 2018. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Hi all, just popped on to say that its perfect weather for doing jobs on my car, please let it last a few weeks.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 hours ago, Joe Snow said:

Looks like a very decent 5-7 day mini very warm spell/ early summer heatwave setting up for the next few days humidity building too. Peak of the heat looking like Sunday at the minute 26-28c across the south of the region and a more comfortable 22c-25c across the north of the region. Last June was a mixed affair from memory cool early month with some warm spells late month but was very convective across the south of the region at least - humid with lots of thundery action and big downpours some stunning lightning shows too. August was the best month of the summer here - unusual considering the long run of poor and uninspiring August’s in the last decade even in the hot summers of 2013 & 2018. 

Yeah hopefully we get a lot of convection again like last summer. No point in very warm/hot weather if we don't get any storms out of it.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yeah hopefully we get a lot of convection again like last summer. No point in very warm/hot weather if we don't get any storms out of it.

I agree, be great for a repeat of last year, June had storms popping up all over the region, not forgetting the supercell that hit Manchester on the 15th.  August 11th late evening it went boom here, the likes of which I hadn't witnessed before, most memorable.

Edited by Rush2112
Incomplete
  • Like 4

Posted

Question is whether we will see any precipitation out of the rather humid dank airmass about to envelop us in the next 2-3 days. Frontale features look very weak affair, we might just end up with a grey gloomy picture with spits and spots in the air but nothing amounting to much, a bit like last Thursday. We've had a near 10 day run of dry conditions.. the theme of very dry followed by very wet seems to be a common one in recent years, we had the very dry April, then the very wet May, now possibly a very dry June.. although next week does look more unsettled so it might just be a 2 week or so dry spell.

• Like 5

Posted

Warm again but overcast here. Currently 21°C and humidity not too bad at around 60%. Next couple of days forecast to be cloudy and breezy for turning sunnier again by the weekend. Sunday now not forecast to be as warm as it was yesterday, with a maximum of 23° (26° forecast yesterday). Not a big fan of heat though to be honest so 23 will suit me fine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looking at the ensembles there does seem to be a growing signal for it to turn more unsettled and cooler from mid month. How long this lasts is anyone's guess but I don't think we are looking at a noteworthy dry June. Just this first half. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Bright morning but much cloudier this afternoon but dry so far and pleasantly warm enough.

all in all a decent few days so far and looking at the forecast, plenty more with that came from.

Unless your a fan of cool and rainy spring and summer days, whats not to like

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 07/06/2021 at 19:02, iand61 said:

Don’t bother with a fan unless it gets really hot as I find the noise irritating.

Just leave the bedroom window open although then spend all night listening to cars, dogs, cats, even the occasional owl.

not to mention the sections of society who are not getting up in the morning and think that warm nights mean turning the music volume up.

There’s an annoying bird outside my window every morning at 4am. Shrill high pitched warble which is so loud. Does my nut in.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
22 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

I agree, be great for a repeat of last year, June had storms popping up all over the region, not forgetting the supercell that hit Manchester on the 15th.  August 11th late evening it went boom here, the likes of which I hadn't witnessed before, most memorable.

Hard to forget that storm of August last year, etched in the memory forever I think. Never seen lightning as prolific as that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

There’s an annoying bird outside my window every morning at 4am. Shrill high pitched warble which is so loud. Does my nut in.

Just tell her to 'sod off'!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Anything thundery in your rain?

Posted
31 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Hard to forget that storm of August last year, etched in the memory forever I think. Never seen lightning as prolific as that.

Only thing going for that summer. July was absolutely dire 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Only thing going for that summer. July was absolutely dire 

The supercell on the 15th June last year was a direct hit for you, wasn't it?

Posted

After a dry day, a few showers have just landed on our doorstep to spoil the evening.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Rush2112 said:

The supercell on the 15th June last year was a direct hit for you, wasn't it?

Yes, oddly hardly heard any thunder from it, the lightning activity was up in the anvil, it was the hail core that was a standout 

uifAUoJ.jpgybbzM3E.jpg

ECWx0Dr.pngMRoP95D.png

Next morning

954uAUE.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Yes, oddly hardly heard any thunder from it, the lightning activity was up in the anvil, it was the hail core that was a standout 

uifAUoJ.jpgybbzM3E.jpg

ECWx0Dr.pngMRoP95D.png

Next morning

954uAUE.jpg

Wow, dramatic angry skies, I would've loved to have been in your shoes then, what an experience.

• Like 3