Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

Frustratingly light winds for sailing at Pennington Flash, but a good view of the developing storm near Huddersfield.

IMG_20210606_171608.thumb.jpg.e932898f470ccc09603c866b471e8a3f.jpgIMG_20210606_173456.thumb.jpg.1e2eca88ce2c67ca193e442cf8042e97.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Been another gorgeous day here. The morning was cloudy but it's been one of those days where it gets less and less cloudy as the day goes on. Very warm again with temp maxing out around 20°C.

I can't help but feel that this weather we are getting at the moment will come at a price and we'll have payback at some point - probably when the schools break up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Did a spa day today and although it was pretty much wall to wall cloud until late afternoon, it was still warm enough to lie out and once again stupid me who didn’t see the benefit of sun cream is suffering.

maybe I’ll learn one day☹️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Heavy showers over Telford moving our way and bubbling Cb clouds in Macc still here. Maybe a midnight downpour!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 05/06/2021 at 14:31, Frost HoIIow said:

In Kiruna, Sweden the sun never sets at this time of year. It's light all the time but through most of December the sun is down all day so they don't see any daylight at all. You'd have to have your lights on all the time. I'd like to experience that for the strangeness of it.

cityog.php?title=Sunrise%20and%20Sunset%
WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

Calculations of sunrise and sunset in Kiruna – Sweden for June 2021. Generic astronomy calculator to calculate times for sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset for many cities, with daylight saving time and time zones...

Yes would love to experience 24 hour darkness once

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

Yes would love to experience 24 hour darkness once

Would be like a nuclear winter.

Posted
4 hours ago, iand61 said:

Did a spa day today and although it was pretty much wall to wall cloud until late afternoon, it was still warm enough to lie out and once again stupid me who didn’t see the benefit of sun cream is suffering.

maybe I’ll learn one day☹️

I rarely ever burn and I have to sit in strong Sun for hours and hours just for my skin to go slightly darker. I wish I could tan more easily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

A lovely mostly sunny day in the northern lake district yesterday. High of 21c although out and about in the hills temp closer to 30c in the sun sum plenty of sunscreen needed for those going out. Amazing how many of the new staycationers forget this. Another dry day, that is now seven in a row, although that run is likely to come to an end today. 

Today has dawned sunny but high cloud now moving in to spoil. Temp 17c and calm.

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, jimben said:

A lovely mostly sunny day in the northern lake district yesterday. High of 21c although out and about in the hills temp closer to 30c in the sun sum plenty of sunscreen needed for those going out. Amazing how many of the new staycationers forget this. Another dry day, that is now seven in a row, although that run is likely to come to an end today. 

Today has dawned sunny but high cloud now moving in to spoil. Temp 17c and calm.

They probably think that because it’s the Lake District it’s going to be overcast and raining so they didn’t take any.

• Like 3

Posted

A warm week ahead, current temp near 21 degrees under rather hazy skies. A signal we are in a warmer tropical air mass. Increasing humidity as week wears on, claggy and close spring to mind. Conditions more likely second half of summer than first half. Could be some patchy rain mid week. Mild at night as well. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A warm week ahead, current temp near 21 degrees under rather hazy skies. A signal we are in a warmer tropical air mass. Increasing humidity as week wears on, claggy and close spring to mind. Conditions more likely second half of summer than first half. Could be some patchy rain mid week. Mild at night as well. 

Not my favourite conditions, prefer cooler and fresher weather. Already very warm in the house, currently 22.5°C in bedroom. Could get very hot by next weekend.

• Like 2

Posted

Time to get the fan out of storage for the predicted end of week rising humidity, not that it does much good circulating already warm air but better than nothing.  What I would give for one of those small but potent storms tracking through the North York moors at present.  Just to wet the ground and liven up the vegetation.  Then back to sunny spells and warmth would suit me.  Doubt we'll get anything falling from the skies here though.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, dodge said:

Time to get the fan out of storage for the predicted end of week rising humidity, not that it does much good circulating already warm air but better than nothing.  What I would give for one of those small but potent storms tracking through the North York moors at present.  Just to wet the ground and liven up the vegetation.  Then back to sunny spells and warmth would suit me.  Doubt we'll get anything falling from the skies here though.

Yorkshire storms of no surprise as there was huge towers heading out in a North East direction from my location at 6.30 this morning.  Just got in from work and there's a bit of a sticky muggy feel at the moment.  Overcast but a very pleasant 21°.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, dodge said:

Yes same here time to dust off the fan and plonk it in the bedroom. Already pretty warm up there at 25C, warmer than it is outside. So not really conductive to a good nights sleep. Prefer it about 18C in there and 20C in other rooms. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
17 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I rarely ever burn and I have to sit in strong Sun for hours and hours just for my skin to go slightly darker. I wish I could tan more easily.

Used to be like that myself but have to be a bit more careful these days, especially at the beginning of the season.

go a decent colour once I get past the angry red bit though.

• Like 2

Posted

Not got a fan but definitely switching fro a summer duvet to just a blanket tonight as it's been very warm at night (indoors anyway).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

@Rush2112 yes the weekend is looking a cracker GFS indicating 27c which as we know could end up been 29c.

C.S

• Like 3

Posted

Don’t bother with a fan unless it gets really hot as I find the noise irritating.

Just leave the bedroom window open although then spend all night listening to cars, dogs, cats, even the occasional owl.

not to mention the sections of society who are not getting up in the morning and think that warm nights mean turning the music volume up.

• Like 2

Posted

What a contrast this weather we are getting now compared to June 2019. This is the synoptic chart from two years ago!

IMG_1174.PNG

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Don’t bother with a fan unless it gets really hot as I find the noise irritating.

Just leave the bedroom window open although then spend all night listening to cars, dogs, cats, even the occasional owl.

not to mention the sections of society who are not getting up in the morning and think that warm nights mean turning the music volume up.

We have all that too, with the added smoke from fire pits and chimneas.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

What a contrast this weather we are getting now compared to June 2019. This is the synoptic chart from two years ago!

IMG_1174.PNG

Don’t think this time last year was much better.

I was pretty much bed ridden for about 10 days with Kidney stones and don’t recollect the bedroom getting overly hot with sunshine beating through.

could be wrong though as with pain like that, the weather was low on my priorities.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

We have all that too, with the added smoke from fire pits and chimneas.

Yeah you can’t beat the smell of cyanide ridden chip wood adhesive wafting from someone’s fire pit

• Like 2