Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Sun is out at last and a decent afternoon beckons!

A few brighter spells here but very cool and blustery.

• Like 1

Posted

Drizzle and cloudy 8c hopefully tomorrow/Friday/Sunday/Monday warming up possibly 22-23c later on… will be looking forward to more sunshine ☀️ 

off to get tested again as been to football Sunday and out and about in Manchester Monday to Gato Negro tapas and the alchemist afterwards… 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Another dull start today. Last night yielded some much unwanted, and un-forecast rain, especially as I was in work with no jacket!

June is shaping up to be a real summer month, which is needed all round for humans, plants and animals. Some sunshine would not go amiss, and so far, it's looking like it could potentially come in the bucket fulls. I just need the weather to be nice from 12th - 19th June for when I'm in Cornwall, but I'm not particularly worried about that, we always get a good week..

Today is actually feeling milder out of the sun, which is something I haven't really been able to say this year yet. Which is a joke considering it's the 26th of May!!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Horrible dull day today. But at long last an improvement is on the way! Saturday into Tuesday looking very nice in particular. High teens or low 20s so feeling really pleasant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
44 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Horrible dull day today. But at long last an improvement is on the way! Saturday into Tuesday looking very nice in particular. High teens or low 20s so feeling really pleasant.

He said as another crop of showers were sent from West Yorkshire with love.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not a bad morning and afternoon but just in time to ruin the usable part of the day, the heavens opened.

typical really but that’s another day when the grass won’t be cut.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

He said as another crop of showers were sent from West Yorkshire with love.

Yep some pretty torrential rain in the last hour…. Gutters overflowing…. 
luckily got back from garage before started as found we’d driven over a large screw at some point and had to have tyre changed… had to walk to collect the car

• Like 4

Posted

I managed to get our front lawn cut this afternoon. V cloudy and grey but no rain. Brighter now and prospect of a good day tomorrow. Heavens, I may get my back lawn cut before the weekend, which looked a distant prospect earlier in the week!

• Like 4

Posted

Winter has certainly arrived in parts of the southern hemisphere. Ushuaia in Argentina has a covering of snow with much more to come in the next few days. Always been interested in that city for the winter weather and potentially great walking in the hills and mountains surrounding it....it is apparently the world's southernmost city at 54 degrees south so about as far north as the Lake district if you geographically switched positions in the opposite direction. They can get a ton of snow in the Winter. Summers are mediocre though, even worse than this country! You have to type in "ushuaia nieve" in Twitter, nieve which is Spanish for snow in order to get the majority of pictures and videos from the people there as obviously the Argentines speak that language.

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Ushuaia 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
7 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Winter has certainly arrived in parts of the southern hemisphere. Ushuaia in Argentina has a covering of snow with much more to come in the next few days. Always been interested in that city for the winter weather and potentially great walking in the hills and mountains surrounding it....it is apparently the world's southernmost city at 54 degrees south so about as far north as the Lake district if you geographically switched positions in the opposite direction. They can get a ton of snow in the Winter. Summers are mediocre though, even worse than this country! You have to type in "ushuaia nieve" in Twitter, nieve which is Spanish for snow in order to get the majority of pictures and videos from the people there as obviously the Argentines speak that language.

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Ushuaia 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

Interesting read, the only part I’d struggle to believe is that somewhere can get worse summers than us

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

@Frost HoIIow

Great pics

That blizzard video doesn't half remind me of the Wirral Winter. 

• Like 4

Posted

The forum seems busier this year, normally dead by now. Good to see people still nipping in & out. Soon be Winter lol. 

• Like 5

Posted
7 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

The forum seems busier this year, normally dead by now. Good to see people still nipping in & out. Soon be Winter lol. 

Given the crapness of the weather, I thought it already was

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, iand61 said:

Given the crapness of the weather, I thought it already was

• Like 1

Posted

@Frost HoIIow nice pics of Ushuaia, yep, love snow, but I'm now more than ready for the warmth overdue to us.  Shaved me legs and big toes ready for my shorts and sandal flip flop type things.  Will be nice to ditch the winter coat for a few days too.  The evenings have been far better than the day time round this bit of the region.

• Like 2

Posted

Hold the front page about to have a sunny dry and quite warm day tomorrow, might come close to 20 degrees... Friday not good, but Saturday and Sunday looking very good, ideal conditions for anything outdoors. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Thick fog end of May!!!

20210527_063655.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Yep, surrounded by sun but a bizarre strip of cloud and fog stretching down the M61 from Preston to Manchester.

• Like 3

Posted

Really loving the outlook - pleasantly warm, sunshine and cool nights. For me it doesn't get much better at this time of year. Not a fan of stifling sweaty heat and plumes so this will suit me fine.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Really loving the outlook - pleasantly warm, sunshine and cool nights. For me it doesn't get much better at this time of year. Not a fan of stifling sweaty heat and plumes so this will suit me fine.

Agree ideal set up forecast once tomorrow out the way, low 20s maxima, light winds plenty of sunshine. Type of conditions we often see in the first half of the 'summer season' mid May to early July, when there is less humidity about and less likelihood of hot sticky plumes..

• Like 4

Posted
On 26/05/2021 at 17:08, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes and just a few days ago it was looking like another cool and unsettled bank holiday weekend. Felt quite warm toda with light winds and occasional sunny spells. Temp reached mid teens so probably just average for the time of year but because it's been so cool for so long it felt nice and warm. The first summery feeling day for a while actually.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
On 26/05/2021 at 20:14, iand61 said:

Interesting read, the only part I’d struggle to believe is that somewhere can get worse summers than us

Believe it or not they do!  14°C summers so the same as Lerwick (but with colder nights) 1400 hours of annual sunshine so similar to our region, winter temps about the same as Northern Scotland (4°C/-1°C). They do get less annual rainfall than us though, only 537 mm a year so very similar to SE England, most places in our region get double that and some parts of the Lake District get treble or even quadruple. They do get 180 days with rain though (greater than 0.1 mm) so while not much rain falls annually there will be a lot of cold, overcast, damp, drizzly days, so probably even drizzlier than round here, so not a very pleasant climate at all. Still beats Torshavn in the Faroe Islands though, they have 13°C summers and a whopping 868 hours of sunshine a year!

1200px-Glaciar_Martial_100_2981.JPG
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
1200px-Is03196-Torshavn.jpg
EN.M.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2