Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted

A November late afternoon, heavy rain, temp 10 degrees, if only it was November not late May, lets hope this is the last late afternoon as such until November!

Another woeful day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
23 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A November late afternoon, heavy rain, temp 10 degrees, if only it was November not late May, lets hope this is the last late afternoon as such until November!

Another woeful day.

Woemember more like.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Very encouraging model output at present as we see the high pressure ridge in from the SW late this coming week and possibly into early June. And we lose these chilly upper air temps as well. A warm up looking more likely now than not.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looking at the radar, the squall line should reach here in about 5 minutes, give or take a few seconds

Posted

Had an intense burst of rain about half hour ago, but very shortlived, don't think it was a squall line.

Tomorrow may see a drier window for northern parts of the region more so than further south, Tuesday looking lively with heavy downpours, by Wednesday less intense precipitation but still some about. Fingers crossed by Thursday we see a major drying out.. what a wet May this is turning into! making up for the very dry April.

Posted

Best first game of the season to attend ever woohoo ?? ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽️ 

And had the blossoms play too 

28732AAE-1C66-4BEF-988F-2F108A551805.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A decent morning so far. Had to do school run to Oldham as taxi driver was taking her husband to an appointment. At least the traffic was reasonably light for me.

• Like 2

Posted

Can't believe it's stayed dry here, the rain looks so close by appears to be pivoting about my house.

Did alright yesterday too, went to West Kirby and walked out to Hilbre Island, got back to the car just as the rain started. Very windy though, coming straight down the Dee.

• Like 5

Posted

Nearly managed to dodge that showery trough setting up east of the M60 but a lively shower just popped up on it's back-edge...but I'll take 20 minutes of inconvenience to a mainly dry day, than the 2 days of non-stop rain we suffered last week.  Thankfully a settling down is on the cards for end of this week and into BHol weekend.

• Like 2

Posted

The centre of the low seems to be over me and @WillinGlossop

• Like 1

Posted

Sun breaking through now and just the odd spot of rain.

• Like 2

Posted

Its been absolutely chucking it down here for the past 30 minutes which means the Toddbrook Pumps will be on the go once the rainfall makes it's way down the hills, looking down the Goyt and the light is like mid-dusk with the hills enveloped in the mist.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
44 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Its been absolutely chucking it down here for the past 30 minutes which means the Toddbrook Pumps will be on the go once the rainfall makes it's way down the hills, looking down the Goyt and the light is like mid-dusk with the hills enveloped in the mist.

For once we seemed to have missed the rain here.

a bit of a light shower late morning but nothing since and plenty of sunshine during the afternoon.

all in all not a bad day early spring day, just a shame it’s late spring.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Hi all. Not been on here for ages, thought I'd got banned but it turns out I didn't, just got warned. I have been banned from posting in the covid-19 thread though, for apparently "peddling conspiracies" and "being disrespectful to other members."

Anyway, it's been a cold winter and a crap spring, coldest April for 35 years (but oddly also one of the driest and sunniest) and we're now on course for our coldest May since 1996! Don't think the temp has gone above 15 degrees here this month. What a contrast to last year!  

Weather looks to be improving for the next but few days, hope we have a decent summer this year because last year was rubbish, Especially July.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Last May, regionally, was the driest May on record, it was also exceptionally sunny.

This May could not be more diametrically opposite to its predecessor.  Its current 4 wettest May on record and it has been very dull. 

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Last May, regionally, was the driest May on record, it was also exceptionally sunny.

This May could not be more diametrically opposite to its predecessor.  Its current 4 wettest May on record and it has been very dull. 

Rostherne: 260.0hrs of sunshine for last May.

It's about 92hrs up to yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Hi all. Not been on here for ages, thought I'd got banned but it turns out I didn't, just got warned. I have been banned from posting in the covid-19 thread though, for apparently "peddling conspiracies" and "being disrespectful to other members."

Anyway, it's been a cold winter and a crap spring, coldest April for 35 years (but oddly also one of the driest and sunniest) and we're now on course for our coldest May since 1996! Don't think the temp has gone above 15 degrees here this month. What a contrast to last year!  

Weather looks to be improving for the next but few days, hope we have a decent summer this year because last year was rubbish, Especially July.

Well, the good news is better weather is approaching on the horizon. 

• Like 1

Posted

I've seen somewhere that there is a possibility that the warmest day of  'Spring'  (March to May) could be in March (30th) this year, for the first time since the 1960s.  

Another damp dreary morning, hopefully with an improvement later.

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I've seen somewhere that there is a possibility that the warmest day of  'Spring'  (March to May) could be in March (30th) this year, for the first time since the 1960s.  

Another damp dreary morning, hopefully with an improvement later.

I think it'll be this weekend to be fair

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Sun is out at last and a decent afternoon beckons!

I can see a watery sun through the bl**dy showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
10 hours ago, Weather-history said:

It’s also been extremely cool as well, don’t even think one day has gone above average (average high in May is around 15/16°C here).